Yes, another wonder question

Icheliebebrad

If my people want revolutionary government right now, should I get the Great Monument as my next wonder?

No, your government selection should not have a bearing on the best wonder for your nation. If you do not have any yet, follow the advice in the other threads as to the order (Generally, SM -> SSS -> IS to begin).

No, your government selection should not have a bearing on the best wonder for your nation. If you do not have any yet, follow the advice in the other threads as to the order (Generally, SM -> SSS -> IS to begin).

I don't think the IS is on the list of the best wonders. I would put it behind SM, SSS, Internet, GT, GM, GU (if you have a lot of tech), NRL (if you have the income), and DRA (if you want the slot).

I don't think the IS is on the list of the best wonders. I would put it behind SM, SSS, Internet, GT, GM, GU (if you have a lot of tech), NRL (if you have the income), and DRA (if you want the slot).

no way... i think IS is VERY IMPORTANT... lol... i actually bought that second.. and it helped me alot..

As usual, the truth is in the middle ;-). Yes, the IS is very important, but only if you plan on buying a lot of Infra.

If you are planning on keeping on buying Infra, like Sayton did, then I'd say it would be 3rd in line, as per Firebolt. Under normal circumstances SM and SSS would come in as nr 1 and 2 (simply because they increase your income by more than the IS gives you a Infra reduction, see loads of other threads for discussion about that). Different circumstances for different nations might alter things, but in general for a nation that plans to get Infra at least up till 8K I'd agree with Firebolt's order (and start getting them at 5K infra).

I have nearly 8K infra, and I calculated how much money I would gain from the IS compared to the +5 happiness/population (equal amount of net profit for me at this point), and the +5 happiness/population were about twice or 1.5 times better.

you dont MAKE MONEY.. frm the IS.. you SAVE a bunch from the upkeep and a BUNCH MORE from buying it..

do that math

You should never buy the IS under 5k infra and you shouldn't do the 5k jump without it.

The thing I think you all aren't taking into account is that it's $10 million more expensive. Not only does it have to gain a net profit equal to that of the other +5 happiness wonders, but it has to have an additonal $10 million profit within the next month over the +5 happiness wonders.

if you do the math the SMALLEST AMOUTN POSSIBLE..

30 INFRA A DAY.. 2.5 million for 10 infra= 7.5 million.. *.08= 600 thousand a day saved on JUST BUYING INFRA.. which is APPROX Hhow much the +5 happiness wonders get you per day.. incorprate the bills saved..

if you calculate the minum of like.. 700 infra per day.. for like 7000 infra minumum...= 700*.08= 56 saved...*7000 infra= 392,000 saved on bills...

10,000,000/392000 per day= 25 days.. it pays off

so if you think about it.. WITH MINAMAL benefits.. it pays itself off in 25 days as opposed to the +5 happiness wonders.. and considering i have DOUBLE THAT INFRA.. and NEAR 200 MORE per day bills on that infra... its MUCH more woirth it for me..

but its definitely worth it more.. i think..

i still dunt know. .lol

and i dont think you should incorprate the 10,000,000 either.. Thats just a wonder price..

if you do the math the SMALLEST AMOUTN POSSIBLE..

30 INFRA A DAY.. 2.5 million for 10 infra= 7.5 million.. *.08= 600 thousand a day saved on JUST BUYING INFRA.. which is APPROX Hhow much the +5 happiness wonders get you per day.. incorprate the bills saved..

if you calculate the minum of like.. 700 infra per day.. for like 7000 infra minumum...= 700*.08= 56 saved...*7000 infra= 392,000 saved on bills...

10,000,000/392000 per day= 25 days.. it pays off

so if you think about it.. WITH MINAMAL benefits.. it pays itself off in 25 days as opposed to the +5 happiness wonders.. and considering i have DOUBLE THAT INFRA.. and NEAR 200 MORE per day bills on that infra... its MUCH more woirth it for me..

but its definitely worth it more.. i think..

i still dunt know. .lol

and i dont think you should incorprate the 10,000,000 either.. Thats just a wonder price..

Your numbers are off. I have the population set of resources (not the infra set) and nearly 8K infra, and my initial infra costs are only $2 million per 10 infra. Also, most people aren't on their 3rd wonder at 7K infra. They're more down in the 5-5.5K infra range. At that level, the initial costs and upkeep is a lot lower than mine.

And I think you do incorporate the $10,000,000 because that money could go into more infra, which means more income.

*Cough*

Somebody answer my question in the OP lol

Just to clear things up, I already have.....

Great Temple, Interstate System, Social Security System, Stock Market

GM or Internet. Your choice.

The advantage of owning the Internet instead of the equally priced Great Monument, is that occasionally your people will want the same government you do, at which time the GM is only adding +4 whereas the Internet still adds +5.

The advantage of owning the Internet instead of the equally priced Great Monument, is that occasionally your people will want the same government you do, at which time the GM is only adding +4 whereas the Internet still adds +5.

Exactly. However, GM can be better in a few circumstances. If you're only planning on collecting once until your next wonder, you're government is a bad one, and you could improve your environment, then the GM would be better.

+4 happiness from the wonder.

+1 happiness from monarchy. Edit: Or democracy.

+0.4 happiness from environment.

+5.4 happiness.

Edited by Aeternos Astramora

How often does your nation support Democracy/Monarchy/Revolutionary? My nation, in the year of its existance, has only supported Revolutionary for two or three weeks. It has not supported any of the others. Out of a fifty-two week year, three weeks are better than Internet and fouty-nine weeks are worse. Obviously, the Internet is better.

How often does your nation support Democracy/Monarchy/Revolutionary? My nation, in the year of its existance, has only supported Revolutionary for two or three weeks. It has not supported any of the others. Out of a fifty-two week year, three weeks are better than Internet and fouty-nine weeks are worse. Obviously, the Internet is better.

Not often, and Revolutionary isn't one of the options for GM being better than the internet I don't think. GM can only be better in the circumstances I gave if your government is Democracy or Monarchy at the time since these are the only two +1 happiness +1 environment governments.

Exactly. However, GM can be better in a few circumstances. If you're only planning on collecting once until your next wonder, you're government is a bad one, and you could improve your environment, then the GM would be better.

+4 happiness from the wonder.

+1 happiness from monarchy. Edit: Or democracy.

+0.4 happiness from environment.

+5.4 happiness.

This is wrong, you could always switch to monarchy and have the improved environment anyways, so the best GM could do is be equal to the internet.