End of Round Award for most damage

Ok so this is what I am suggesting.  I am suggesting that an award be added for the nation that dealt the most damage throughout the entire round.  Right now we have the most destructive war which awards someone who dealt a lot of damage in one fight, but we dont have anything that awards the person who dealt the most damage throughout the entire round.  TE is supposed to be about war (at least thats why most of us join it)  so I think we should have an award for whoever fights the best for the entire round.  

Edited by Brewersalliance
spelling mistakes

I fully support this. This will also stop people from conserving their resources till the very last so that they can win the Most Destructive war when you don't have to worry about rebuild. 

It will add an interesting dynamics as it will force nations to balance their war efforts with rebuilding throughout the round instead of only saving up for just one.

• 1 month later...

yes. total damage dealt by a single nation over the round would be a great stat/award. has been suggested too.

far better than 2 nations conspiring to not only inflict the most damage possible(which require infra huggy round) but also to concede the most damage deliberately from your opponent. 

great suggestion. 2 thunbs up. this should replace at least 1 individual award

another would be most soldiers killed by an individual nation

edit. as with everything there are variances. ie the lead hitter may lose GAs allowing his wing men to do more damage. also whoever is the designated nuker will probably also get more damage and kills than his wingmen.

Edited by StevieG

19 minutes ago, MaineGOP said:

How about we lock nations into their alliance once they choose and prevent new nations half-way through  or 3/4 through a round. Merging alliances at the end or stuffing them with new nations has to stop.

how is that in any way related to this suggestion?

find the right thread to discuss that

On 22/12/2017 at 7:06 PM, Lachiton said:

I fully support this. This will also stop people from conserving their resources till the very last so that they can win the Most Destructive war when you don't have to worry about rebuild. 

that is spot on. but so long as individual awards favour nations who build and save up hundreds of millions you will have nations aiming for economic success. and who can blame them?

pure economic success is one thing. most destructive war is not only that. it is actually worse.

6 minutes ago, StevieG said:

how is that in any way related to this suggestion?

find the right thread to discuss that

I mean you could have ignored my post and no one would have cared, but since you ask. 

How is it in any way related to the suggestions:

Well since you asked, this is a suggestion on how to improve TE and the awards at the end. One specific suggestion but in evaluating it one might say, yes this is a good idea but here is one that might actually do more for TE.

So yes it is related to the discussion, thanks for being a wise-ass

No.

This suggestion thread is specifically for changes(or additions) to most destructive award. Hence the title.

It is not a general change the awards or change the game play thread. Again there are suggestion threads relating to your suggestion. Go find them and post your input there.

Edit. stay on topic. the topic being (end of round award for most damage) not my wording 

Edited by StevieG

20 minutes ago, StevieG said:

No.

This suggestion thread is specifically for changes(or additions) to most destructive award. Hence the title.

It is not a general change the awards or change the game play thread. Again there are suggestion threads relating to your suggestion. Go find them and post your input there.

Edit. stay on topic. the topic being (end of round award for most damage) not my wording 

Are you a mod?

Dude, was your post necessary or on topic? No then shut up. If My opinion is that this suggestion is less important than the other one, then thats my damn opinion on this thread. I hate suck up wannabe mods, report me for not being on topic if you need to, but you are derailing this thread now.

2 hours ago, StevieG said:

far better than 2 nations conspiring to not only inflict the most damage possible(which require infra huggy round) but also to concede the most damage deliberately from your opponent.

Something you have been doing every round since this award was introduced.

not nearly every round. granted I have won a few MDWs which gives me all the insight I need.

just because I play by the rules, doesn't mean I agree with them. I have argued against the merrits of MDW from before I even won anything.

nothing changed. and a lot of good econ builders etc have since left the game. so what do u want me to do? pretend I support it?

3 hours ago, MaineGOP said:

Are you a mod?

Dude, was your post necessary or on topic? No then shut up. If My opinion is that this suggestion is less important than the other one, then thats my damn opinion on this thread. I hate suck up wannabe mods, report me for not being on topic if you need to, but you are derailing this thread now.

if my opinion is that another suggestion is more important than a suggestion being debated, then I will hijack that thread and insert my own random suggestions into it because I feel that this is a "make any suggestion thread"

Grow up

1 hour ago, StevieG said:

if my opinion is that another suggestion is more important than a suggestion being debated, then I will hijack that thread and insert my own random suggestions into it because I feel that this is a "make any suggestion thread"

Grow up

I'm the one who needs to grow up? You could have overlooked my comment if you disagreed with it. Instead you started a fight. you were insulting and acted like the boss of the forums. 

6 hours ago, MaineGOP said:

I'm the one who needs to grow up? You could have overlooked my comment if you disagreed with it. Instead you started a fight. you were insulting and acted like the boss of the forums. 

He's a UN member don't bother reasoning with him ^^

MDW is the most flawed award, all it requires is you avoid spending until the last 5 days.

You then find someone with a lot of tech and you most likely plan attacks against each other.

It's in line with the rules, but we should definitely change it to most damage over the round. As well with casualties, we should track soldiers killed since they contribute to alliance wins. Instead of the top 3 nations by strength in the AA, the top 3 with the most kills should win those awards

15 hours ago, KingBilly1 said:

MDW is the most flawed award, all it requires is you avoid spending until the last 5 days.

You then find someone with a lot of tech and you most likely plan attacks against each other.

It's in line with the rules, but we should definitely change it to most damage over the round. As well with casualties, we should track soldiers killed since they contribute to alliance wins. Instead of the top 3 2 nations by strength in the AA, the top 3 2 with the most kills should win those awards

Exactly, agree 100 percent. (Im on record arguing your first point since round 30) At least someone here isn't too "one-eyed" for sensible debate.

I have to correct you here. It goes to the nations with the most Attacking Casualties, this isnt too bad a designation,but yes most killed would be far better, but we dont have that stat yet.

Top 2 by strength goes towards Strongest AA award, and yes that is similarly a bad designation. Very bad, I dont need to go into detail.

Edited by StevieG