Jump to content

Nation Login Not Secure


USMC123
 Share

Recommended Posts

It has always been that way.

You only need a secure login for things with your personal information like your bank, email provider, shops and payment services like paypal etc.

 

Being as your bringing it up now I'm guessing that you're using Firefox which had a update (52) recently which makes it more obvious when you're using unsecure logins.

 

see link: https://support.mozilla.org/t5/Protect-your-privacy/Insecure-password-warning-in-Firefox/ta-p/27861

Edited by Galerion
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Honestly, you should be using HTTPS for everything these days; there is no excuse not to, as it's pretty cheap and easy to do, plus google puts a huge malus on your site in search results if you don't use it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/8/2017 at 10:36 PM, Caladin said:

Honestly, you should be using HTTPS for everything these days; there is no excuse not to, as it's pretty cheap and easy to do, plus google puts a huge malus on your site in search results if you don't use it.

 

Extra server load, lots of mismatched certificates and extra dollars means more headaches for whoever is maintaining the server.

 

HTTPS is security theater for the masses.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/10/2017 at 10:00 PM, eejack said:

 

Extra server load, lots of mismatched certificates and extra dollars means more headaches for whoever is maintaining the server.

 

HTTPS is security theater for the masses.

lmao this isn't 2010.

 

HTTPS is an essential in todays web standards.

 

Extra server load? You mean that extreme delay of 22 milliseconds?

Mismatched certificates? Huh?

Extra dollars? in 2017 you can get HTTPS for FREE.

 

All of my sites have it be default, here's a screeny from lyricalz

 

DlLrfi.jpg

 

admin needs to update the site to keep up to date with times.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Samus said:

lmao this isn't 2010.

 

HTTPS is an essential in todays web standards.

 

Extra server load? You mean that extreme delay of 22 milliseconds?

Mismatched certificates? Huh?

Extra dollars? in 2017 you can get HTTPS for FREE.

 

All of my sites have it be default, here's a screeny from lyricalz

admin needs to update the site to keep up to date with times.

 

With the diverse user base of a game like this there will be lots of certificate chain issues which means lots of whining from users which means

extra headaches - plus it costs dollars to have a real certificate, plus it adds to the server load ( which already has dismal response time at certain

points of the day )...

 

Or ignore the completely useless extra burden since there is nothing here to secure. It is like putting a padlock on a portajohn...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...