Rules Regarding War

Empress Bella

Would it be considered slot filling if you entered a war that consisted of only spy attacks? I ask because spies seem to be the easiest to train of all the generals and if I can attack people and convince them not to attack back full force, I could actually possibly get a nice general eventually. 

Would it be considered slot filling if you entered a war that consisted of only spy attacks? I ask because spies seem to be the easiest to train of all the generals and if I can attack people and convince them not to attack back full force, I could actually possibly get a nice general eventually. 

this would likely be considered slot filling, yes.

Still better to make sure...

What you seem to be suggesting sounds like war games which are allowed but XP has to be disabled at declaration. Edited by the rebel

What you seem to be suggesting sounds like war games which are allowed but XP has to be disabled at declaration.

So you can't try to threaten/persuade someone into a spies-only war without turning off xp?

This wouldn't be a pre-arranged thing. I'm talking declaring war and sending a message saying spy attacks will occur and if ground attacks/cms/non-spy attacks are launched by the defender, they will face nuclear consequences; They still have the option to attack and may full well do so, but the option to retaliate with spy-only attacks may sound like the better option. 

Spy attacks can still be damaging, attacking money, weapons, etc. 

Edited by Empress Bella

So you can't try to threaten/persuade someone into a spies-only war without turning off xp?

This wouldn't be a pre-arranged thing. I'm talking declaring war and sending a message saying spy attacks will occur and if ground attacks/cms/non-spy attacks are launched by the defender, they will face nuclear consequences; They still have the option to attack and may full well do so, but the option to retaliate with spy-only attacks may sound like the better option. 

Spy attacks can still be damaging, attacking money, weapons, etc. 

I'm not sure you could actually convince anyone to do that, but if you could prove after the fact that it was not pre-arranged and you had no prior relation to the nation in question (same AA, history of aid/trade, etc) I'm not seeing the problem.  Course, if you're gonna skirmish like that you may as well do it right with the single lv1 fighters and cautious ground attacks and such.  Just keep in mind, whoever you raid might decide they don't like that idea, then you have a war on your hands.

I'm not sure you could actually convince anyone to do that, but if you could prove after the fact that it was not pre-arranged and you had no prior relation to the nation in question (same AA, history of aid/trade, etc) I'm not seeing the problem.  Course, if you're gonna skirmish like that you may as well do it right with the single lv1 fighters and cautious ground attacks and such.  Just keep in mind, whoever you raid might decide they don't like that idea, then you have a war on your hands.

Well I figured people would rather suffer some relatively harmless spy attacks vs actual attacks. Honestly just trying to find the relatively safest way to gain xp without damaging my nation too much. 

I figure theres always the danger they fight back, but I figure if I tell them that if they don't attack, they'll suffer little damage and I'll be on my way, then its more likely to stay a small deal. 

All mostly just theory at this point, till I find what seems to be the best method.