The Avengers needs some binkies

I don't know why TDO feel so compelled to keep pushing the issue but it does raise suspicions. You're the only alliance not involved that has been trying to push the blame on myself and Misfits, you present absolutely zero proof in your accusations.

BG stated that my IRC friends are saying its me, I know this is a lie because the only two people i talk to on IRC have already confirmed its not true. Both of whom have never talked to BG on IRC.  I wasn't t going to bother to defend myself against malicious lies, but since you're all trying so hard to make me look like I'm responsible, i will start exposing them for what they are. BG assumed i talked to many people on IRC so i wouldn't be able to pin point this friend and prove its a lie, you were wrong. If you have proof then show it here BG or STFU and GTFO with your BS already. Your hatred for me is why you'd resort to these malicious lies.

I've already explained our position regarding rouges and Robert the usurper is dead already, murdered by a boar.  ^_^   Rhaegar will be revenged in the books, on the TV series and of course on CN:TE, mark my words. :gun: I think your own brother will suffice. :P

We are not the only alliance, just the only alliance that has voiced our OPINION....And yet again I have to say, "we don't think Misfits are behind this, ONLY YOU! AGAIN, this is just an opinion, one based upon facts at hand, and your previous hostilities towards TA. Had this been substantiated, we wouldn't even be here having this conversation, your war slots would have been filled!

I don't assume you talk to many people on IRC, and I don't claim to talk to anyone you talk to as I would never throw this person under the bus like you do, however I'm not going to say I don't talk to they same people you do either, which is more than 2. What I will say is that I know for a fact that you have not only bashed TA on IRC, but have also plotted against them! Now deny that!

Let me ask you, how do you know TPC thinks avengers spied them? Also how do you know WD thinks TA sabotage their forums? You only talk to 2 people....or did you mean 2 people in each channel? You are such a frigging lier! Oh wait this might be you speaking for everyone else again!

Let me tell you this, and the only reason I'm saying it is because I know for a fact it's true and I don't think Dog would get mad at me for saying it.....TPC, had their forums attacked too, 2 rounds ago. I guess TPC thinks TA did that too, I'm guessing I should ask you because you know all. Before you make another absurd statement let me tell you I also had a friend that plays another simulation game tell me that their forums were hacked as well. So now I'm guessing TA is just going around hacking forums in various games. My bet is its just somebody (really immature, and stupid) with nothing better to do than cause problems, most likely nothing to do with any player/s in the game. Of course this is just my OPINION, I could be wrong, just like I'm probably wrong about you planting a dirty spy operative in your alliance to screw with TA, then catching the fact they got caught (because everyone knows you check the spy page every hour) then quickly booting them out with in 20 min of the exposed operation. *wink, wink*

One more thing, you know what a guilty person always does, they hide behind the innocent (like you constantly do with Misfits) and they try to throw blam on others to cast doubt on them selves. So far, you have implicated TA for screwing them selves just to have a reason to attack you and/or the Misfits, and TDO (which honestly made me laugh) then since you don't want to make other enemies you state someone planted that rouge nation in Misfits just to cause problems between Misfits and TA.

You know what an innocent person does, they stick to one story, the truth.....none of which has ever come out of your mouth!

Your turn
BG Edited by Burning Glory

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, we've just been having a discussion in our gov room about how we still seem to be a target. We've had at least one destroy money op on us now :/ This is just getting ridiculous.

I haven't checked yet but has anyone made a request to ADMIN yet about not being able to spy until day 7?
I know it was mentioned earlier in the thread but I forgot about it until now.

Also read my last post, I don't think anyone believes you guys had anything to do with WD forum attacks.
This is just a tatic DT is using to derail the topic and throw suspicion off her.

BG

Either you think I'm that stupid to do something like that or you really are using myself as an excuse to push the blame to cover your own tracks. If you've been getting spied on a mass scale then it'd make sense for you to retaliate against everyone else who you oppose.

Retaliate against everyone because we are getting unidentified spy ops, I don't even know what to say to that. We've already explained why the spy ops against yung flow happened and apologised for them, and the only other identified spy ops have come from rogues on None with a CIA. We have literally no idea who is behind this, same as you. Whoever are hitting us is more than likely the same people who are hitting TPC/D1, and could be responsible for the WDs forums DDoS, although that may be just a coincidence, but who knows at this point. All I know is that it isn't us, it isn't D1 and it isn't TPC, as we have all been targets of the spying, and more than likely isn't you guys otherwise D1 wouldn't have gotten spied, TDO otherwise we wouldn't have gotten spied or WDs since their forums are down. It could be anyone else in my opinion, but more than likely is someone who finds us three a threat, which leaves another pretty obvious candidate, but I won't go pointing fingers until there is actual evidence of this unlike you and half the people in this thread.

I just want to clarify that we had absolutely nothing to do with WD forums going down. If anyone here thinks that is an acceptable action to do over a game of pixels I am thoroughly disgusted and would resign in a heartbeat if I thought that anyone in my team had anything to do with it.

In fact my first response to it was ways to help prevent it and I will make a standing offer now that if they want assistance fixing it I'm happy to do so.

If anyone was WD wants to discuss this please please please let me know either on here, PM ingame, or on IRC.

As for the rest of this people will think what they want, but last round we managed to fight you guys and would have welcomed more of a challenge. Sabotaging opponents before anything even starts just ain't our way. Yea, we declare wars people don't agree with, but we do those up front and announce them.

And again I really can't fathom the logic that we would set up rogues to spy ourselves - I just had to collect on 23% and it was just a little bit !@#$ - and then use it as a way to set ourselves up for what, a valid CB? This is TE, a CB is barely needed - why would we cripple ourselves to set ourselves up? And you say we did it just to hit TPC and OP? No way would that ever be worth it. If we had it our way no such spy ops would even be possible at this stage - in fact I think I'll make a suggestion thread to exactly that point.

Out of interest if an avengers member had been caught doing a similar thing to you guys would you also not want an apology? It seems you'd be stating it is all a conspiracy and demanding that we be be held accountable for it. Especially as like DD said, we have no way of knowing who a veteran member is and who isn't.

If the apology came from Avengers gov then we'd have to assume your position is to not only defend this member and their actions but keep them as a member. We'd take into consideration the apology and the reason for the attack, whether it was a mistake, we understand everyone makes mistakes.   I'm sure it'd be dismissed with a good explanation and apology.

The other option is the one we carried out and it happens to be the most common option alliance leaders do, its common for unknown newbies to be instantly removed as most alliances state in their charters the rules and what happens if you break them. The newbies are kicked and that alone is a clear message we've condoned their actions by removing them from our AA, hes all yous! That speaks juts as loud as an apology to us, this isn't SE, you're playing TE now, we do things differently around here.

BG, I'm not even going to waste my time reading more of your BS lies and fairy tales!

Retaliate against everyone because we are getting unidentified spy ops, I don't even know what to say to that. We've already explained why the spy ops against yung flow happened and apologised for them, and the only other identified spy ops have come from rogues on None with a CIA. We have literally no idea who is behind this, same as you. Whoever are hitting us is more than likely the same people who are hitting TPC/D1, and could be responsible for the WDs forums DDoS, although that may be just a coincidence, but who knows at this point. All I know is that it isn't us, it isn't D1 and it isn't TPC, as we have all been targets of the spying, and more than likely isn't you guys otherwise D1 wouldn't have gotten spied, TDO otherwise we wouldn't have gotten spied or WDs since their forums are down. It could be anyone else in my opinion, but more than likely is someone who finds us three a threat, which leaves another pretty obvious candidate, but I won't go pointing fingers until there is actual evidence of this unlike you and half the people in this thread.

The thing is you don't know if its someone in your alliance or any alliance, it could be anyone and they may not even be competing for flags, they may be doing it for giggles and to cause havoc. Some people just want to watch the world burn. Chances are we'll never know who it is or they are unless they come out and confess, the best course of action now is to defend your nations like you're suppose to do. Build up so the nations spying have to build up to be in range to attack, the more NS you have, the more expensive it'll cost them to be in your range and IRS spy you. I will say this though and that is giving them not only their own thread for them to watch first hand all of the fighting going on over their actions but it will only encourage them to do it again unless rules are either changed or everyone has to break the bank notes early and begin defending your nations from day 1.

Does this problem need to be fixed by the admin?  Most definitely. Its probably too late now this round but next round spying needs to be delayed for as long as declaring war is. That makes more sense.

BG, I'm not even going to waste my time reading more of your BS lies and fairy tales!

Does this problem need to be fixed by the admin?  Most definitely. Its probably too late now this round but next round spying needs to be delayed for as long as declaring war is. That makes more sense.

Enough people are reading it and messaging me anyway, so YOU don't have to. Even though that's probably just another lie! The guilt is written all over your face/words.....And wow, what a huge coincidence, TA has dirty spy ops and then gets attacked! Trust me you don't have to say a word, truth is there is nothing you could say, the evidence just keeps piling up and more and more people are pointing fingers at you. Personally, why hide behind lies, you have already stated you condone dirty ops?

About the only truthful statement you've made in this thread is the spying early needs fixed.

Your turn

BG Edited by Burning Glory

A few things:

First, I didn't read this thread in it's entirety, but it seems in my 2 round hiatus the term "dirty spy ops" keeps being thrown around. What I'll never understand is the following:

Acceptable:

• Multi nations - Every round multi nations are used for trade mules. People make extra nations on their phones or use other means to create multis for a variety of uses, mostly temp trading.
  • Donation Selling - Anyone who wins a donation knows that you cannot use TE donation winnings in TE. Admin deems it an unfair advantage that you would use your previous donation winnings, for the current round, therefore increasing your chances of winning more donation bonuses. A way around that? Sell your donation bonuses to SE nations, the payment being those nations pay for your donations in TE.
  • War Slot filling - This is pretty self explanatory and happens every round.
  • Casualty Farming - Also self explanatory.
  • Ban Evasion - Self explanatory.
  • Collusion (Spoils of War) - Whether it's attempting to increase your startup funds, or assistance to get out of bill lock, nations attack for the sole purpose of sending losing ground attacks to nations to funnel them cash as well as lower their defenses for the purposes of allowing nations to loot cash from them. 
  • Spying - No, I don't mean in-game spying. I mean people either planting their multi or friend in a foreign alliance for the purposes of sabotaging that alliance.
  • Forum Attacks - War Doves' forums were DDoS attacked just this past weekend.

Unacceptable:

• Economic in-game spy operations - IRS, government and religion propaganda. Is destroy money considered dirty too?

The point I'm trying to make is that I think our moral compass is completely off. How is it that strategic, game rules compliant spy operations are considered immoral to the community at large, yet so many actual game rules are not only broken so often, that if you're not breaking these rules as well, you have no chance at staying competitive.

EDIT: Changed "morale" to "moral". Dat grammar.

Edited by Samwise

A few things:

First, I didn't read this thread in it's entirety, but it seems in my 2 round hiatus the term "dirty spy ops" keeps being thrown around. What I'll never understand is the following:

Acceptable:

• Multi nations - Every round multi nations are used for trade mules. People make extra nations on their phones or use other means to create multis for a variety of uses, mostly temp trading.
  • Donation Selling - Anyone who wins a donation knows that you cannot use TE donation winnings in TE. Admin deems it an unfair advantage that you would use your previous donation winnings, for the current round, therefore increasing your chances of winning more donation bonuses. A way around that? Sell your donation bonuses to SE nations, the payment being those nations pay for your donations in TE.
  • Collusion (Spoils of War) - Whether it's attempting to increase your startup funds, or assistance to get out of bill lock, nations attack for the sole purpose of sending losing ground attacks to nations to funnel them cash as well as lower their defenses for the purposes of allowing nations to loot cash from them. 
  • Spying - No, I don't mean in-game spying. I mean people either planting their multi or friend in a foreign alliance for the purposes of sabotaging that alliance.
Unacceptable:
  • Economic in-game spy operations - IRS, government and religion propaganda. Is destroy money considered dirty too?
The point I'm trying to make is that I think our morale compass is completely off. How is it that strategic, game rules compliant spy operations are considered immoral to the community at large, yet so many actual game rules are not only broken so often, that if you're not breaking these rules as well, you have no chance at staying competitive.

I actually agree with this 100%. However I don't think everyone creates multis. I can probably only speak 100% for myself (and probably Das as I've heard him complain enough) but I always just ask my friends to create nations when I need temps - I generally offer to teach them the game but unfortunately doesn't always stick. And I think most people would do this. Probably the best way to rectify this thiigh is to reduce the trade change time to 5 days - this would allow people the flexibility to not need temps in 9/10 scenarios and perhaps even encourage activity in others.

Multi accounting is not something I can ever condone - I've been a Super Multihunter on another browser game for many years now and have seen first hand how it can cause problems. If I find out anyone is doing such a thing you can rest assured I will report it immediately.

In terms of donations I admit I've been liable for this in the past but I also know that myself and several other member donate once every round to help support the game. I'm not sure there is a really a way around this though :s

War slot filling - surprising I would have to say that this seems to have decreased at least as far as I have observed largely. However I have not really been watching so can't comment too much.

Ban evasion - see multis. Don't condone. Will report etc.

Collusion - haven't seen this much lately either tbh. More likely is for there to be wars that aren't necessarily viewed as fair.

Spying - definitely not something we like to see :/ I imagine most alliances have some idea what is going on in other AAs - if only die to taking down the grapevine. However planting a spy to sabotage an AA just ain't cool.

Forum attacks I've made my point on already and tbh, if it could be proven to be a member of the game they should be permabaned on the spot.

IRS - we agree :p

TBH, I'd like to see TE move toward embracing all these ideals and have been trying to move us in that direction, even if just starting with my own AA. I'm sure people would agree on plenty of thee points but I think we are slowly improving even if it takes a bit to train people to act differently.

So now I'm to blame for Avengers getting attacked by WD and D1? Seriously dude just shut up already.

No, your not to blame....your just a conspirator, an instrumental precursor in a methodical plot to take out TA early on.

Your turn

BG

I actually agree with this 100%. However I don't think everyone creates multis. I can probably only speak 100% for myself (and probably Das as I've heard him complain enough) but I always just ask my friends to create nations when I need temps - I generally offer to teach them the game but unfortunately doesn't always stick. And I think most people would do this. Probably the best way to rectify this thiigh is to reduce the trade change time to 5 days - this would allow people the flexibility to not need temps in 9/10 scenarios and perhaps even encourage activity in others.

Multi accounting is not something I can ever condone - I've been a Super Multihunter on another browser game for many years now and have seen first hand how it can cause problems. If I find out anyone is doing such a thing you can rest assured I will report it immediately.

In terms of donations I admit I've been liable for this in the past but I also know that myself and several other member donate once every round to help support the game. I'm not sure there is a really a way around this though :s

War slot filling - surprising I would have to say that this seems to have decreased at least as far as I have observed largely. However I have not really been watching so can't comment too much.

Ban evasion - see multis. Don't condone. Will report etc.

Collusion - haven't seen this much lately either tbh. More likely is for there to be wars that aren't necessarily viewed as fair.

Spying - definitely not something we like to see :/ I imagine most alliances have some idea what is going on in other AAs - if only die to taking down the grapevine. However planting a spy to sabotage an AA just ain't cool.

Forum attacks I've made my point on already and tbh, if it could be proven to be a member of the game they should be permabaned on the spot.

IRS - we agree :P

TBH, I'd like to see TE move toward embracing all these ideals and have been trying to move us in that direction, even if just starting with my own AA. I'm sure people would agree on plenty of thee points but I think we are slowly improving even if it takes a bit to train people to act differently.

Not everyone is breaking every game rule, just like not everyone is breaking any rules at all. But these things run rampant every round to the point where people just aren't reporting anymore. It's a losing battle.

As for friend's making nations for the purposes of temp trading, I've done this myself, but I'll also say that I think it's just one step above multi's. Every time I look at how many nations are in TE, the first thing I ask myself is how many of those are trade mules.

I will say that I'm glad to see someone optimistic about TE's future, because I'm not. :/

A few things:

Acceptable:

Unacceptable:
The point I'm trying to make is that I think our morale compass is completely off. How is it that strategic, game rules compliant spy operations are considered immoral to the community at large, yet so many actual game rules are not only broken so often, that if you're not breaking these rules as well, you have no chance at staying competitive.

I think EZ, for the most part summed it up for me and for the lack of typing out exactly how I feel, it's close enough :)
I will say that what you implied as acceptable is contrary to actual morality for the majority of people that play.
Sure there are people that will circumvent the rules of the game, but they are marginal at best.

BG

To be fair BG, it is a war game and wars get declared linking that with spy operations was a bit much....and samwise these are the reasons misfits and WD are more and more civil by the day. As eddy said where the heck is Paul, we seem to have more in common!

Edited by yung flow

I've had two RL friends make temps and start playing CN because they found the game interesting. As for donation selling, I don't think that will ever change. What makes it different from using a TE prize is money goes to the game and allows for upkeep and other inprovements, which is something I will never conplain about.

To be fair BG, it is a war game and wars get declared linking that with spy operations was a bit much....and samwise these are the reasons misfits and WD are more and more civil by the day. As eddy said where the heck is Paul, we seem to have more in common!

True that normally and had any other alliances attacked TA, well this wouldn't even be an issue.
However the open threats that DT proclaimed last round, was not her being her usual pretentious self.
There is much more to this, and this has been plotted since at least day 1.
I have a bit more insight than most and there is definitely a collaboration going on.

I know you like DT, and honestly there's nothing wrong with that. I can even relate to you standing by her.
But the truth is what it is, and that is she has something to do with it......

Even if there is a plot? I mean avengers have been at the top of their game no doubt about that but they stack the odds in their favor way too much with the routes they take. Nothing is like mind blowing that they do at all. It's like yeah go figure we all saw them doing that. So you have to make counter strategy moves to keep things balanced. It's just a game of chess.

:popcorn: Just completed this book. *exhausted*  :blink:  

Looks like the hobbit appeared from no where and won in the end. Severus Snape, generally regarded to be snappy and extremely verbose, did alright for himself. Sean Bean as usual gets killed in this one too.

zzzzzzzzZZZ

Samwise just burned all of you. I've only done 3 or 4 of those things.

I miss getting burned by Samwise. ^_^

Paul has been quiet for a while..... Just putting that out there :P

I've been trying to get Paul to play. He agrees he will and then i don't see him. :o

No, your not to blame....your just a conspirator, an instrumental precursor in a methodical plot to take out TA early on.

Your turn

BG

You still have no proof to back up your claims and I'm the last person Avengers need to worrying about.

You definitely have a lot of interest in Avengers than just being their friends, I wonder what it is.

I've had two RL friends make temps and start playing CN because they found the game interesting. As for donation selling, I don't think that will ever change. What makes it different from using a TE prize is money goes to the game and allows for upkeep and other inprovements, which is something I will never conplain about.

Its interesting to see how so many Avengers are able to temp trade. You guys clearly are running the most advanced and efficient temp trade program I've ever seen. Temps seem to be just as active as your members. It really is impressive.

I miss getting burned by Samwise. ^_^

I've been trying to get Paul to play. He agrees he will and then i don't see him. :o

You still have no proof to back up your claims and I'm the last person Avengers need to worrying about.

You definitely have a lot of interest in Avengers than just being their friends, I wonder what it is.

Its interesting to see how so many Avengers are able to temp trade. You guys clearly are running the most advanced and efficient temp trade program I've ever seen. Temps seem to be just as active as your members. It really is impressive.

Excellent temp traders definitely play a large role in our success. It would be much easier if we had three or four nations who were temped and all other nations sit in 3BRs. Several alliances do that. D1, Misfits, and TPC are examples of this method. What The Avengers have done to revolutionize the game is have our own nations (such as myself) be the temp traders for collections yet still build along with everyone else. Edited by Das Blitzkrieger

Excellent temp traders definitely play a large role in our success. It would be much easier if we had three or four nations who were temped and all other nations sit in 3BRs. Several alliances do that. D1, Misfits, and TPC are examples of this method. What The Avengers have done to revolutionize the game is have our own nations (such as myself) be the temp traders for collections yet still build along with everyone else.

I did That towards the last 2 months in misfits when trades fell apart :p