Happy Holidays from GLoF

I'm still waiting.

I wonder if you guys know how to declare on me... I won't hold my breath

I would declare on you, but you happen to be on the same coalition as I am, so I guess we will have to wait until you leave the beersphere or something

neener.gif

It would appear that the alliance name in your forum profile changed recently.

What does that have to do with GO being declared on?

Him not posting on the OWF often enough for his AA to get changed from GO to Fark should have no relationship to Sengoku, Umbrella and GLoF attacking an AA that was completely uninvolved in the war.

That's bore balls than DS, GOLF, DT, ODN and NoR combined

We have a thread on our forum that is dedicated to the discussion of turtling Fark nations. There are many.

Welcome to the brave new world of inactivity.

Your strutting and posturing is silly.

What does that have to do with GO being declared on?

Him not posting on the OWF often enough for his AA to get changed from GO to Fark should have no relationship to Sengoku, Umbrella and GLoF attacking an AA that was completely uninvolved in the war.

If I were less savvy and saw that someone sporting a certain AA on the forum was complaining about not being attacked, I might assume that their alliance was at war with the alliances he was complaining about.

Regardless, your ally seems to be involved now. (Though I will concede that it's an odd situation.)

Edited by kingzog

We have a thread on our forum that is dedicated to the discussion of turtling Fark nations. There are many.

Welcome to the brave new world of inactivity.

Your strutting and posturing is silly.

If I were less savvy and saw that someone sporting a certain AA on the forum was complaining about not being attacked, I might assume that their alliance was at war with the alliances he was complaining about.

Regardless, your ally seems to be involved now. (Though I will concede that it's an odd situation.)

Umbrella and Sengoku aren't at war with Fark, they just decided to sucker punch an AA that was until then, neutral.

Of course, so did GLoF, but they at least have the chance to fit your narrative.

As for smontag's strutting and posturing, he's probably fought more individual wars than almost anyone in this game, ever.   I don't know that he's ever had enough infra to purchase a WRC and still has over 6m casualties.  He likes war and feels you guys are dropping the ball.

Umbrella and Sengoku aren't at war with Fark, they just decided to sucker punch an AA that was until then, neutral.

Of course, so did GLoF, but they at least have the chance to fit your narrative.

As for smontag's strutting and posturing, he's probably fought more individual wars than almost anyone in this game, ever.   I don't know that he's ever had enough infra to purchase a WRC and still has over 6m casualties.  He likes war and feels you guys are dropping the ball.

What narrative? I agreed that it was an odd situation. I was merely trying to make some sense of it with the only reason, short of attacking for the sake of attacking, that seemed plausible. But as we have no ties with Sengoku, GLoF or Umbrella, they haven't chosen to share with us the reason(s) for their attacks.

The numbers show rather clearly that Fark is taking considerably more damage from GLoF, DT and NoR than it is dishing out. So if smontag feels that these alliances have dropped the ball, then all that proves is that ignorance really is bliss. Yes, yes, I get it. He attacked an inactive Nordreich member and is both crowing about his success and complaining about the lack of a fight. But I don't see him mentioning the other NoR nation he attacked, which caused more damage than he did.

Yes, I will concede it wasn't significantly more damage. The two of them practically went blow for blow. But still, why not mention that? Could it be that it doesn't fit with your narrative?

Really, this is a silly line of argument the two of you are pursuing.

Generally, an alliance that is maintaining its neutrality doesn't have a nation attack an alliance in the war. It also doesn't neccesarily have a nation aid an alliance in the war already.

While I realize we're meant to wait a month for Dajobo's go ahead, responding to those act as our resources came available was more convenient for us. Given that Guru Order did not see fit to make an announcement that it was going to begin hostilities, none of us saw a need to either.

The numbers show rather clearly that Fark is taking considerably more damage from GLoF, DT and NoR than it is dishing out. So if smontag feels that these alliances have dropped the ball, then all that proves is that ignorance really is bliss. Yes, yes, I get it. He attacked an inactive Nordreich member and is both crowing about his success and complaining about the lack of a fight. But I don't see him mentioning the other NoR nation he attacked, which caused more damage than he did.

Yes, I will concede it wasn't significantly more damage. The two of them practically went blow for blow. But still, why not mention that? Could it be that it doesn't fit with your narrative?

Really, this is a silly line of argument the two of you are pursuing.

It's not a line of argument. The point was, smontag loves war. He wants more of it. You aren't giving him more. That's it. There's no grand design to the statement.

Generally, an alliance that is maintaining its neutrality doesn't have a nation attack an alliance in the war. It also doesn't neccesarily have a nation aid an alliance in the war already.

While I realize we're meant to wait a month for Dajobo's go ahead, responding to those act as our resources came available was more convenient for us. Given that Guru Order did not see fit to make an announcement that it was going to begin hostilities, none of us saw a need to either.

[citation needed]

"doesn't have a nation attack an alliance in the war" - I see a single war declared by a 3k NS nation that involved 4 "attacks" and a peace agreement.
 "Doesn't aid an alliance in the war" - We were *just* assured by "your side" that tech deals should not be affected by war.

So what you're saying is.. You knew you could get away with it so did, gotcha. Edited by EViL0nE

[citation needed]

"doesn't have a nation attack an alliance in the war" - I see a single war declared by a 3k NS nation that involved 4 "attacks" and a peace agreement.
 "Doesn't aid an alliance in the war" - We were *just* assured by "your side" that tech deals should not be affected by war.

So what you're saying is.. You knew you could get away with it so did, gotcha.

You'll have to direct me to where an assurance like that was made - given that an alliance on your side has already made a statement of policy saying that it will hit "uninvolved" tech sellers, it's hard to believe we'd unilaterally make one like that. That's simple playing by the same rules. Regardless, the aid sent clearly wasn't a tech deal. The nation sending it's bio combined with the peace mode status of the receiver alone puts that in doubt.

to make this easy-

Nation Slogan: 
Hey you, attack me please! :) Funding Nations to Kick Ass since 2011

So if smontag feels that these alliances have dropped the ball, then all that proves is that ignorance really is bliss. Yes, yes, I get it. He attacked an inactive Nordreich member and is both crowing about his success and complaining about the lack of a fight. But I don't see him mentioning the other NoR nation he attacked, which caused more damage than he did.

Yes, I will concede it wasn't significantly more damage. The two of them practically went blow for blow. But still, why not mention that? Could it be that it doesn't fit with your narrative?.

I enjoyed fighting wwSSguy and yes he did 80 total more NS damage than I did, but at the same time I dest more money than he did. The "inactive" nation I attacked is one of your government members. My complaint is that 4 alliances officially declared and another one attacked us. You have plenty of people in my range, but still have not been attacked. I could slip into DLT mode but I won't. After update I will attack 3 more people to see if anyone will counter me Edited by smontag

The "inactive" nation I attacked is one of your government members.

Not sure why you have 'inactive' in quotes. Anyone who has known Redneck in even a casual way for the last several years would also know that, given a choice between a holiday filled with booze, women and debauchery or spending two minutes a day taking care of his nation, he will always choose the former.

So yes, inactive. As in....not even visiting the alliance forum inactive.