The Real CN RP Player's Freedom and Liberty Customization Poll Act of 2014

Triyun

Do you favor this proposal  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Modifier:

1)  Fighter Generation multipliers and substitution modifiers can only be in effect for existing IRL designs.  In other words you can't design a custom 4th generation fighter thats almost a 5 gen for a aircraft.  Nor can you create a custom 'destroyer' (I use destroyer in the Japanese sense of the word) for substituting a division.

2)  A player may substitute and single aircraft slot for two of a generation behind their current tech level.  A helpful guide to fighter aircraft generations may be found here:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jet_fighter_generations  (please note the date of operation which means the combat systems are ready rather than the date first flown).

If you have a specific question contact me (we can give a few people as unofficial advisers who know this).  Strategic bombers shall not be included in this modifier.

E.G. I having max tech can take 2 Squadrons of Super Hornets for 1 squadron of 5 Gen fighters.  Sarah with a small nation can take two squadrons of F-4 Phantoms for giving up 1 Squadron of F-15s.

As far as upgrading these, there is only a finite you can upgrade proportional to IRL with foreign assistance.  So while sensors can be upgraded you can't make full stealth hornets or put turbofan engines on the F-4, two of the key advantages of the gen up.

3)  A player may exchange soldiers for aircraft for ships with the following conversions.

10, 000 Troops = 500 tanks = 10, 000 tonnes of shipping = 5 Squadrons of Fighter Aircraft (strategic bombers aren't included due to their much greater capabilities)

4)  Only IRL designs may be included in substitution (to prevent super ships weighing 1000 tonnes)

5)  Players are choosing to customize are required to keep a documentation link preferably in a factbook easily accessible (signature recommended)

As a note MGL sanctioned this poll

Onto the meat of the substance.  As discussed this modifier would allow conversions and greater player customization as well as provide more fairness for geographically limited nations.  For example a totally land locked nation could now choose to take out their navy and get things they can actually use.  By contrast a small island nation would have the ability to instead of maintaining say a million man army.  Go with a 300, 000 man one and a large navy. 

Please let Shammy or I know if you have questions before voting.

Edited by Triyun

2)  A player may substitute and single aircraft slot for two of a generation behind their current tech level.  A helpful guide to fighter aircraft generations may be found here: 

Where?

4)  Only IRL designs may be included in substitution (to prevent super ships weighing 1000 tonnes)

While I understand the reasoning, not being able to get a decent battleship for half my tanks makes me sad. I guess I'll rather keep around spare tanks then...

Still opposed to the proposal in general despite the answer to the question, but neither the rule or the discussion specify if the conversion happens before or after multipliers. Especially if it is before multipliers converting could give you a pretty unbalanced trade-off.

Edited by Centurius

Opposed, if someone has a question about something I RP then they can speak to me in private. I should not be forced to create an OOC factbook or alter my forum signature to appease IG related concerns, which can be handled through an OOC conversation via PM or IRC. 

Opposed, if someone has a question about something I RP then they can speak to me in private. I should not be forced to create an OOC factbook or alter my forum signature to appease IG related concerns, which can be handled through an OOC conversation via PM or IRC. 

If you choose not to use the equation you don't have to.  The reason for documenting is to prevent cheating.  So someone 1 week fighting a border war doesn't have huge army small navy a week later fighting abroad has a huge navy.

If you choose not to use the equation you don't have to.  The reason for documenting is to prevent cheating.  So someone 1 week fighting a border war doesn't have huge army small navy a week later fighting abroad has a huge navy.

This can be handled through RP measures, though. If you document you that you raised X amount of new soldiers in your news thread, then you would have to account for those come wartime. Let's force people to interact with other RPers first before we try to push for solutions that circumvent communication. 

Care to ellaborate? IG war? IC war?

IC War, I feel the wars that have been started should not be using these modifiers, since it may give an advantage to those able to change their statistics and then actively engage.