I have been thinking

Zoot Zoot

A big reason no one is joining is because we have the most unappetizing map ever. Yes, yes, you deserve your massive empire you spent months building up, but consider this: Europe is dominated by a grand total of THREE nations. That is a massive amount of potentially interesting nations and cultures that are squandered. I'm sure we'd all like to see a bit more variety in the most diverse region in Earth. The same goes for Tianxia. All of Asia besides India is under Triyun's rule, which is fun and all. For him, anyway. Sure, there's some nice little plots on obscure corners of the Earth to take. Go ahead, RP your...Tanzanian culture. Then we have these two superpowers squashing ANYONE who wrongs them instantly, which is another problem with CNRP. Lets stop killing everyone, especially the new guys. Yes, they'll make dumb, annoying mistakes. But don't bomb them to oblivion because they looked at you wrong. It's not only frustrating, it's entirely unrealistic. So many wars end with a nation being torn down and turned into protectorates. or just outright annexed. That's discouraging.

If we WANT new players that join and stay, we need to let them see that there are options. There are very, very interesting regions that are dominated by one power. We restrict all of our new players to unfamiliar, boring spots, tell them to "make it fun" then blow them up the first time they try. We should try being less trigger happy and more lenient with land (I'm not telling Athens to dismantle their empire; just let a little diversity flow) Or we can continue making CNRP absolutely miserable for new RPers and watch ourselves fade into an embarassment of bickering and land grabbing.

(For what it's worth, I'm not saying this for muh ottomans, I'm fine RPing anywhere. But new players probably aren't, seeing as how they're, ahem, new.)

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic