A joint Roman Empire and Warriors Production

[quote name='dockingscheduled' timestamp='1357602395' post='3072595']
1. just for clarification clash, u keep referencing the WD-MH war but to be genuinely frank, the problem with that war was that WD just didn't fight back. we had no way on knowing that when the war was declared. we hardly put any of them in anarchy off the blitz cause we simply didn't have enough nations to cover 14-15 of them with our 8-9. their small retaliation wasn't anything we could help, and we certainly couldn't help that their limited counters were basically all on our inactive 10th nation. numbers were good, we just had no way of knowing they 1. wouldn't counter with wars, 2. didn't have great warchests 3. didn't coordinate

anyway, you keep referencing PS as if it was some bully that down-declared and kept things safe when truth is PS was almost always the underdog fighting an up hill battle. PS accomplished everything it really wanted to do. flags, civil wars, success in the face of overwhelming odds, lots of fun was had. i think the amount of time we dedicated to TE wore a lot of us out, and quite honestly these grudges grow old too. our involvement in this is nothing more than a grudge, and that isn't very entertaining for me anymore.
[/quote]

1. YES! This war has none of those problems.

2. NO! Never said any such thing about PS. I did say that most of them aren't around anymore. Whatever reasons they have for that, I doubt they quit playing ALL games, they just quit playing THIS game. As previously stated, with all games, it's like a fun/time ratio. "Is this game enough fun to spend my precious real life time on?" For most of PS, the answer is not anymore. Well the Warriors are still having enough fun for the time we spend. Most of us have not quit, and to me that's a measure of long-term success - perhaps the ONLY measure that matters there. If I didn't have to waste my time answering stupid sniving little wenches and their stupid ridiculous [s]little[/s] long obnoxiously bs posts, I'd be having even more fun. Not yours, of course lol.

The grudges really do grow old. I hate that crap and I honestly believe it's what has driven so many people away. They are NOT fun, not for the bulk of people who just want to play a game. There will be no grudges between the alliances of this war though. Certainly not between RE and tW - although for others, it's apparently more fun for THEM if we did.

Edited to add: I missed part of your last paragraph. I had no idea Stelios was going to include you until the last moment when I showed him a copy of this DoW, and he told me to put you in it. If I had to bet it's because your compadre trolls him constantly across all threads, just like he is doing to me in this thread. That's not fun for most people either and it's not a coincidence that Stelios hit him personally. I think he threw you in just so he could do that lol.

Edited by Clash

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Clash' timestamp='1357603234' post='3072605']
Edited to add: I missed part of your last paragraph. I had no idea Stelios was going to include you until the last moment when I showed him a copy of this DoW, and he told me to put you in it. If I had to bet it's because your compadre trolls him constantly across all threads, just like he is doing to me in this thread. That's not fun for most people either and it's not a coincidence that Stelios hit him personally. I think he threw you in just so he could do that lol.
[/quote]
Nope just calling it like it is. You just don't like the truth. I have been tough on TPC in the past. But, when the came back at Hellas, I gave them their due. I do likewise for everyone else when I comment. You just don't like being called out when you do something.

Re Stelios hitting me: I'm fine with it. He hasn't hit me yet when I haven't been in or just out of a war. He knows he can't take me when I'm not at war, so he has to do this. He still gets wrecked every time he and I fight.

Edited by bcortell

Really 'stuff'? Just don't bother responding if your not going to respond to what was said.

You attacked a fully waiting for you with advance notice to be on at exactly that time and buy troops in advance alliance. If you want to call it a blitz because it happened at update, you can. But then its a pretty clearly dumbed down and softened up blitz. Not the sort of thing that people normally call blitzes and [u]it very clearly is not going to or intended to be as effective at damaging an opponent as if you surprised someone and did something like a 'traditional' blitz[/u].

Again, you guys have a lot of chances to make this a full on damaging and engaging war from this part forward. But that doesn't change the statement you refuse to recognize or even quote when responding to.

[u]You clearly took a weapon out of the arsenal of war[/u]. Both for your side and for the opposing side. And thats by all accounts your right. If you want, you and RE can agree to a CM-less war or even a nuke-less war. But your denying that an unexpected blitz is a damaging tool while simultaneously demanding that its effects be striped from evaluating any skirmish (downgraded from war, sorry War doves) is hypocritical. Its that hypocriticalness that made me post in the first place. But either way, enjoy your wars for whatever it becomes and good luck to both sides.

Clash and WC, Hello!

Both of you keep claiming that you were dying to get attacked. So much so that you intentionally did not take the effort to get involved in an offensive war because you wanted to be attacked.

But Clash, you intentionally started a thread talking about the spy attack, an act of war, against tW by RE.

Instead of responding to that Act of War with a response, you negotiated with the attacker.

Two questions, why the thread and why no response to the Act of War, other than negotiating with the AA that attacked tW?

Basically what we are saying is that by eliminating the blitz your essentially softening the blows of a war, something OP will never do. You are correct though in saying that a prepared opponent is tougher than an unprepared but so is Bcortel when he argues that a blitz is stategy, to do so successfully is stategic. Hey, you don't care about that and are all about fun, that is cool, but OP is about business I want noone to appraoch about anything other than a blitz.

[quote name='Thomasj_tx' timestamp='1357617366' post='3072656']But Clash, you intentionally started a thread talking about the spy attack, an act of war, against tW by RE.
[...]
Two questions, why the thread and why no response to the Act of War, other than negotiating with the AA that attacked tW?[/quote]
First of all. As the two biggest alliances I would rather have waited for a while and made this our highlight war of the round, sometime just after mid round maybe. But here we are going at it now, so whatever. I know all the rest of the alliances would rather we just fight to death, and each other, all round long so you can cherry pick whatever YOU want to do. I do hope you'll understand that we're going to do what WE want to do, not what YOU want us to do. I give you the same respect I wish you'd give us.

There were no negotiations, please don't overstate stuff like that. When you guys hit SUN it was obvious that RE and tW were going to fight. So why !@#$% around on it? "Well Stelios, looks like we're going to war." "Yep Clash. Might as well ASAP I guess." "This update?" "Sure." That's pretty much it. Not exactly the fiscal cliff.

I love all this "You should have dropped your lives RIGHT NOW and immediately war each other, doing what we tell you do!" crap. There were football games on Sunday, Innocence and I were going out on a wench hunt saturday night, I had family stuff going on, and whatever else. I'm pretty sure my members have lives too and I dedicate a lot of my time to this game as it is. Sorry I've got a life, I expect my alliance members to do so as well, and we don't dedicate them to living by the precepts of everyone else.

Anyways, RE got caught and we didn't. That was why i started the thread, I was trying to goad them into attacking us. We've done all the attacking the last couple of rounds and it's good for an alliance to get attacked from time to time. You have to learn to defend as well as attack. It's pretty much that simple. This was the best we were going to get.

Well, I actually did get caught, but only after we knew for sure we were going to war, and their spy ops picked up at that time as well. Just because we don't noise about this stuff on the OWF doesn't mean stuff wasn't going on. I hate this stupid place, half the posters here live under a bridge in a van down by the river. Pfft, I go weeks at a time without posting anything here except DoWs and I hope this place burns down in a fire.

[quote name='paul711' timestamp='1357621535' post='3072680']
Basically what we are saying is that by eliminating the blitz your essentially softening the blows of a war, something OP will never do.[/quote]

Again, I think it's the absolute opposite and the war screens back me up.
Last I checked you had 83 offensive wars and 8 defensive wars.

AND AGAIN: MUTUAL BLITZ IS TOUGHER THAN SINGLE BLITZ. One has return wars and one doesn't. Why is that confusing? You guys picked a nice easy war you are going to win handily. You definately took the softer road than we did, and any argument different is pretty much silly. Why is it so hard to understand that when wars go both ways, the war is harder then when it's one sided?

[quote name='Clash' timestamp='1357623212' post='3072687']
You definately took the softer road than we did, and any argument different is pretty much silly. Why is it so hard to understand that when wars go both ways, the war is harder then when it's one sided?
[/quote]

You think they took an easy option? They apparently didn't know that while everyone el;se appears to know it. They apparently think it was an even war picking on an alliance just out of war while they had been in none and in which they had a vastly superior NS advantage and as for their pride in blitzing an alliance just out of a war which is the last thing that alliance expects because you just don't expect anything so spineless i'm sure you can calculate the pathetic nature of that boast too. I'm also sure one of them will come along to correct your confusion and explain how fair and even it all was.

That will give you a good laugh i'm sure.

Clash, I love ya, but cut out the drama.

I was just wondering why, after stating you DESIRED to be attacked, were attacked in a spy op, decided to work out a deal for a war as opposed to defending tW. That's all.

I am sure that you and RE will have a "fun war". Even though I still see a big difference between a prearranged war and a "war".

I just can't get "American Pie" out of my head.

Tiger.

I have already pointed out that your claim of a [b]vastly[/b] unequal war is just flat out false. But you have the total right to find any and every thread in which to post that false claim. Best wishes in your endeavors. That will give you a good laugh i'm sure.

Edited by Thomasj_tx

[quote name='Thomasj_tx' timestamp='1357624763' post='3072692']
Clash, I love ya, but cut out the drama.

I was just wondering why, after stating you DESIRED to be attacked, were attacked in a spy op, decided to work out a deal for a war as opposed to defending tW. That's all.

I am sure that you and RE will have a "fun war". Even though I still see a big difference between a prearranged war and a "war".

I just can't get "American Pie" out of my head.

Tiger.

I have already pointed out that your claim of an vastly unequal war is just flat out false. But you have the total right to find any and every thread to post that false claim. Best wishes in your endeavors. That will give you a good laugh i'm sure.
[/quote]

Really now. Well you better try convincing this clash guy that an allaince just our of war with a vastly inferior NS is false. Tell me again how SUN who were just out of war and as in my own example have been ambushed by multiple nations ALL with vastly suprior infra is anything but a spineless pretence of being in a war.

Run it out to clash because he obviously doesn't believe it and btw neither does anyone else. You're going from merely spinless to spinless and a joke with this ludicrous gag of equality. But go ahead and give him your punch line. See if you get anything but a laugh.

[quote name='Thomasj_tx' timestamp='1357617366' post='3072656']
Clash and WC, Hello!

Both of you keep claiming that you were dying to get attacked. So much so that you intentionally did not take the effort to get involved in an offensive war because you wanted to be attacked.

But Clash, you intentionally started a thread talking about the spy attack, an act of war, against tW by RE.

Instead of responding to that Act of War with a response, you negotiated with the attacker.

Two questions, why the thread and why no response to the Act of War, other than negotiating with the AA that attacked tW?
[/quote]

What this man said. Seriously though why not just have crushed them upon their act of war? Why negotiatie with them an organized war...lol These wars that you call "organized" are really getting old. Regardless, good luck to [s]both of[/s]
all three of you in this "organized" war.

Tiger, put the dictionary and thesaurus away. It is starting to get a little sad.

But first, look up the meaning of "vastly". You use the word often but obviously don't fully understand its meaning.

Edited by Thomasj_tx

[quote name='Thomasj_tx' timestamp='1357625723' post='3072701']
Tiger, put the dictionary and thesaurus away. It is starting to get a little sad.

But first, look up the meaning of "vastly".
[/quote]

You put the frankly witless joke book away, you have produced nothing but a cartoon Homer Simpson level of logic throughout and explain to the man how attacking an alliance just out of war to your ZERO wars makes you anything but a spinless farce trying to pretend to be in one. Explain to him how my own example which is mirrored across my alliancde of three nations ALL with double my infra and who STILL have to nuke a nation that has a fraction their infra isn't vastly superior. Then go look up a dictionary and discover what all that means but first explain your even war idea to Clash because he thinks you're a joke just like I do.

[quote name='TigerBaby' timestamp='1357626194' post='3072706']
You put the frankly witless joke book away, you have produced nothing but a cartoon Homer Simpson level of logic throughout and explain to the man how attacking an alliance just out of war to your ZERO wars makes you anything but a spinless farce trying to pretend to be in one. Explain to him how my own example which is mirrored across my alliancde of three nations ALL with double my infra and who STILL have to nuke a nation that has a fraction their infra isn't vastly superior. Then go look up a dictionary and discover what all that means but first explain your even war idea to Clash because he thinks you're a joke just like I do.
[/quote]

Say What? :unsure:

Edited by Thomasj_tx

[quote name='TigerBaby' timestamp='1357626194' post='3072706']
[/quote]

Dude relax, I mean seriouslly I tried to rub your belly, Hal posted the pics in our thread.

[quote name='TigerBaby' timestamp='1357623995' post='3072688']
You think they took an easy option? They apparently didn't know that while everyone el;se appears to know it. They apparently think it was an even war picking on an alliance just out of war while they had been in none and in which they had a vastly superior NS advantage and as for their pride in blitzing an alliance just out of a war which is the last thing that alliance expects because you just don't expect anything so spineless i'm sure you can calculate the pathetic nature of that boast too. I'm also sure one of them will come along to correct your confusion and explain how fair and even it all was.

That will give you a good laugh i'm sure.
[/quote]

It's happened (getting attacked right out of war) to me before. Hell, it's happening to us right now (and we're still really in war, because we moved from WD to CoS- just didn't post a DoW). Just have to roll with it.

[quote name='Clash' timestamp='1357575153' post='3072436']

Didn't I war you twice last round? Geeez you must have sucked LOL
[/quote]

Hmmm...yes, you did war me twice last round. Difference being, I had 2 real wars between our fights and you had 1 rigged war. Geeez, you must really suck to lag that far behind me.

Almost forgot...LoL

[quote name='Swatch0' timestamp='1357626720' post='3072709']
I'm honestly wondering the same haha
[/quote]

I'm not surprised. I said from the beginning your drivel was infantile at best and it still is so I will attaempt to get it down to your level and remind you that I will continue highlighting your farce as long as you give me the chance.

In Homer Simpson terms for your benefit it means that wen an alliance is just out of war while another sits doing nothing but builsing and collecting unhindred for 3 weeks and has a vastly superior NS in every way that's as spinless as it gets. Then when the joke brigade try to deny the reality it descends to the ludicrous.

I will use my example again which is in fact mirrored across my aliance, an alliance just out of war to your ZERO wars and in fact STILL zero wars . Three nations ALL with double my infra attacking me and actually nuking me too as if the infra advantage which was already overwhelming wasn't enough even though I never at any stage had nukes IS VASTLY superior. Do you get the drift now or will we go through it all over again because i'm happy to continue illustrating your pretence of war while expecting to sit around for effectively well over a month not warring at all.

Informing them that anyone with vastly superior strength taking a slap at you at a moment when you actually ddi have a real war if that ever happens will be fair game becuase that's the standard you deem acceptable.

Now get on with explaining to Clash how anything I have said is false because I can see he doesn't believe it either. Does it get through the fog you'e making an ass of yourself with this guff when absolutely no one take it in?

[quote name='TigerBaby' timestamp='1357627513' post='3072717']
I'm not surprised. I said from the beginning your drivel was infantile at best and it still is so I will attaempt to get it down to your level and remind you that I will continue highlighting your farce as long as you give me the chance.

In Homer Simpson terms for your benefit it means that wen an alliance is just out of war while another sits doing nothing but builsing and collecting unhindred for 3 weeks and has a vastly superior NS in every way that's as spinless as it gets. Then when the joke brigade try to deny the reality it descends to the ludicrous.

I will use my example again which is in fact mirrored across my aliance, an alliance just out of war to your ZERO wars and in fact STILL zero wars . Three nations ALL with double my infra attacking me and actually nuking me too as if the infra advantage which was already overwhelming wasn't enough even though I never at any stage had nukes IS VASTLY superior. Do you get the drift now or will we go through it all over again because i'm happy to continue illustrating your pretence of war while expecting to sit around for effectively well over a month not warring at all.

Informing them that anyone with vastly superior strength taking a slap at you at a moment when you actually ddi have a real war if that ever happens will be fair game becuase that's the standard you deem acceptable.

Now get on with explaining to Clash how anything I have said is false because I can see he doesn't believe it either. Does it get through the fog you'e making an ass of yourself with this guff when absolutely no one take it in?
[/quote]

Try spell check next time. :rolleyes:

[quote name='Freddy' timestamp='1357627359' post='3072716']Hmmm...yes, you did war me twice last round. Difference being, I had 2 real wars between our fights and you had 1 rigged war. Geeez, you must really suck to lag that far behind me.[/quote]

$%&@ you on "rigged" we beat the !@#$ out of each other. Just like we will this time as opposed to your punk down declare. Compare that to what you guys did. I wouldn't call your "war" against NDO much of a war. That was the second biggest down declare you guys have in a while. You are getting quite the rep for weak wars, and of course you ducked the tough one :P

[quote name='Thomasj_tx' timestamp='1357628250' post='3072719']
Try spell check next time. :rolleyes:
[/quote]

Oh believe me I can spell without any digital means to do it for me but if you want to now take it down another level to thinking poor typing skills will cover up your farce go ahead, i'm thinking that wont distract anyone either.

Your alliance attacked an alliance just out of war which had vastly inferior statistics as well as being just out of war and even though I for one was on the receiving end of your below the belt blow you're so far out of it you actually think you can convince me it was a fair declaration.

I was just out of war and attacked by a trio who had ZERO wars this round and had done nothing bit sit collecting for 3 weeks and who had around 5 times more infra than I did and were nuking me too despite the fact I had this vastly inferior infra count and had never had any nukes. And THAT is mirrored across my allaince and I thank you again for letting me see all what you are.

A bunch pretending to have had a war while in reality losing nothing and planning to spend well over a month doing nothing but collecting. THAT'S the reality. Unless something really spectacular happens the cowards of the round in the first 3 weeks. Utterly begging for someone to do the same to you because hey that's the standard you set.