The Dark Knight Rises

Kankou

After discussions with MostGloriousLeader, I have been given permission to establish Gotham City in New Jersy.

[img]http://images.wikia.com/batman/images/6/6b/Gotham_New_Jersey.jpg[/img]

Basic rules:

1. This Gotham follows the hyperrealist Nolanverse, meaning no superheros/villians such as Superman, Poison Ivy, etc.
2. Gotham and its citizens are all part of the Commonwealth. There will be no tolerance of anything along the lines of secession or using the city to further the goals of your own nation (like say stationing special agents to eardrop on North America). Both MostGloriousLeader snd I can pull the plug on such attempts.
3. What is done in Gotham, stays in Gotham, and the city shall exist regardless of what happens. This means no nuclear weapons that devastates everything, no earthquake to do a "No Man's Land" RP, etc
4. I'm Batman. (meaning Kankaou controls the Bat Family and Wayne Enterprises)

Comments and Questions comes here.

Okay, so let me get this straight:

1. This city will always exist, even if MostGloriousLeader deletes and somebody else wants a Gotham-less New Jersey? Even if MostGloriousLeader's nation is completely annihilated in war, that city is just golden? How is that realistic or fair in any sense?

2. No superheroes or villains from the Batman universe to be played by anybody, which rather defeats the neatness of a CNRP Gotham. Anybody can just play out a crime-ridden, downtrodden city RP, you know.

3. No superheroes or villains, but you're Batman. Let me just repeat that - no superheroes or villains in this city, except for Batman, and you get sole ownership of him? You control the only character of interest and value to anybody who isn't an in-depth fan of the series? And this is "hyper-realistic"? I look forward to the advanced and detailed explanations on the plausibility of the Batmobile and all its functions.

I'm not saying this idea is bad or stupid, so don't get me wrong. I would love to see an RP like this (Batman universe Gotham City) happen and probably be a part of it. I just think this particular proposal of rules is [i]horrendously[/i] executed. If the general population thinks I'm wrong, then go ahead, but I think your proposal needs some real editing before this thing begins, if it's going to.

Edited by Domingo the Honored

1. Obviously MGL has higher authority than myself. My aim was to prevent people from doing something stupid likes exploding nukes just to tick some people off. Now, if MGL is engaged in a war, or he leaves the Commonwealth, that is a separate issue applicable to regular CNRP rules.

2. That might change, depending on what people want. If not Nolanverse, then we can always do DC Animated Universe.

3. See point 2.

[quote name='Domingo the Honored' timestamp='1342030928' post='3008395']
Anybody can just play out a crime-ridden, downtrodden city RP, you know.[/quote]
I already do. :awesome:

[quote]
3. No superheroes or villains, but you're Batman. Let me just repeat that - no superheroes or villains in this city, except for Batman, and you get sole ownership of him? You control the only character of interest and value to anybody who isn't an in-depth fan of the series? And this is "hyper-realistic"? I look forward to the advanced and detailed explanations on the plausibility of the Batmobile and all its functions.
[/quote]
I think it's more of the fact that they don't have superpowers. In the movies, Scarecrow just used a poison and Joker was a really crazy gangster with friends in high places. They weren't mutants or anything like that.

I was hoping to rp some of the higher forms of government in the city (mayor, police chief, federal officials, etc.) Hopefully nobody wanted to regularly rp these characters, if so let me know. Also, is there a general plot for this or is it just being made up as it goes?

Edited by MostGloriousLeader

[quote name='MostGloriousLeader' timestamp='1342072710' post='3008951']
I was hoping to rp some of the higher forms of government in the city (mayor, police chief, federal officials, etc.) Hopefully nobody wanted to regularly rp these characters, if so let me know. Also, is there a general plot for this or is it just being made up as it goes?
[/quote]I think it's generally just made up as we go.

And sure, I have no objection to you playing some of the ranking politicians or law enforcement officials. ;)

[/quote]
Can I still be the assistant DA? :P

I was hoping to rp some of the higher forms of government in the city (mayor, police chief, federal officials, etc.) Hopefully nobody wanted to regularly rp these characters, if so let me know. [/quote]
I would say the high-level government/police officials (Mayor, Commissioner, etc) would be exclusively reserved for you.

[quote name='MostGloriousLeader' timestamp='1342072710' post='3008951']Also, is there a general plot for this or is it just being made up as it goes?[/quote]
General plot is the continuation of Gotham City. Other than that, it's pretty open.