DOE - Forbidden Ice

Maelstrom Vortex

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' timestamp='1342660752' post='3011890']
"What do you know of destiny that the pawns of this world would not? You are a piece on a chessboard and there are many pieces.. and I am lousy at chess. But your creator has sent you here, not just the Emperor and Emperess. They're just the mechanism of action. At any moment you could be made to bow before me and would not know why, that is Her magnitude of control over you."
[/quote]

"Well then," Zara smirked, "I'm willing to bet that She would never let me bow down to another person. If this She is who made me, then we must share personalities and if I don't bow then she must not bow. I make my own destiny and perhaps, as does She."

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' timestamp='1342668470' post='3011955']
"I wouldn't tempt her if I were you. I do not like it when my creations tempt me. I'm sure she does have her own will and destiny. You do not, however, have your own. Every move you make must be crafted by her. Every move my creations make must be crafted by me. They have their own personalities, but only that I give to them." The statue, simply stared.
[/quote]

"If I gauged my own personality, then I would say She was one who gave favor to rebellion, was a deity of chaos, and that is reflected in her own creations. I have my will and destiny to be sure, but that is foggy to even Her as she does not plan them. I am a feather in the wind to forge my own path, destroying stories and making men cry along the way." Zara looked up at the statue with a smirk.

"I don't...understand..."

But before Zara could continue with her statement the ground suddenly shook, cracks forming in the floors of the cathedral as shards of ice fell from the ceiling. The Amazon wavered in her stance and was about to flee from the church, but some kind of force was keeping her glued to the ground as the cracks snaked towards her. She whimpered in fear at what seemed to be her approaching death before a booming voice came out of the crack. "Afraid? Afraid to take one of my creations and make them into something great? I have done this with countless heroines who have dotted the surface of this miserable planet!" A white gas began to fume out of the cracks, floating towards Zara and the booming feminine voice cried out as it circled around the Amazon. "I intervene in my own way, but if you want to make a duel out of this, this beautiful creature, this woman, this heroine will serve as mine."

Suddenly a face appeared from the gas, a narrow aquiline face with sharp features and glaring eyes. "Embrace me Zara! Embrace the Chaos!"

The gas pushed its way into Zara's mouth, her eyes, nose, and ears. She fell to the ground, released from her invisible bondage, coughing and wheezing at first before grunting; being filled with a strange new power. "What? What's happening to me?" Zara clenched her fists and pounded into the ground as her hair turned white, her arms bulged under her armor and her entire core strengthened. "I feel...strange...I feel...I feel..." she repeated, grasping her heart, her chest heaving with the gas transforming her body as a great black maul solidified across her back, "Chaos I am yours!"

Zara stood up and dug her feet into the ground as she took the hammer and axe hybrid in her hands and looked at her new figure. Then looking up at the statue, she glared at the emerald eyes. "Maelstrom!" she shouted and drove her maul into the ground, "Face me!"

"You think I was sent to change something?" Zara's eyes glowed blue and her voice echoed deeply throughout the ice cavern. "Are you so paranoid in that I sought to subvert you? I came to explore, I came to see what your land had to offer and when I arrive you insult both me and my Creator?" The Amazon took a step forward, clenching her hands tightly on the maul. "There is no rhyme or rhythm to Our movements, everywhere is my home, I am the protector of nomads, the voice of strangeness, I shirk off order, and embrace the wild of the world." Stepping towards the statue, the Amazon's body shuddered with power. "Yet still you taunt me, if you think I am afraid we will settle this on the greatest chessboard this world has to offer. Amazon against Dragon, the trust test of will and fear."

With that, Zara swung the maul over her head and brought it crashing down at the base of the statue sending rock and dust flying across the cathedral.

As the statue gripped the maul, holding Zara in place, the Amazon grunted at first and then finally dropped the weapon down onto the earth. She stepped back and looked up at the statue which turned into a full Dragon while it condemned her then returned back to its stone form as it finished speaking. "I came looking for an adventure if you must know, I came down looking for interaction with your Dragons because I thought it might be fun. But what did you do? You goaded me, you called me fearful because I perceive the world different from yourself. I have no sacred place for my creations to pay homage to me because their creation itself is homage, they are me, you desecrated me just as I attempted to desecrate your statue. As to your taunting, you taunt me who came down with no ill-intentions." She snarled and turned on her feet. "Make your alliances with those other nations, those nations who will fade, who will pay no attention to your people in the ice. But I will give your people a story, I will give them their own legends."

Zara turned back to the statue her voice booming through the ice walls. "We will see you thrive and we will see how wild you are. The flutter of thousands of sails, the glimmer of thousands of spears, the cry of thousands of women roaring into battle. Lead your people as I will lead mine and if you refuse to fight, we will inhabit this land and so help me, the lands beyond this miserable ice. You goad others that your lands were once the greatest that existed on this planet, I will see if your warriors are the same." The Amazon glanced at the maul still gripped in the statue's claw, "Keep that, I will becoming back for it."

Leaving the Ice Cathedral, Zara stamped through the snow towards the library where Sonia was with Keth going over the history of Paradox and the Dragon People. The moment the Captain saw the Professor she grabbed her by the arm. "Sonia, get your things together, we're heading back to Tianxia."

"What?" Sonia asked in surprise, then actually looked at Zara, her eyes widening in amazement. "Zara? What," she stuttered, "What happened to you?"

"I was awakened. Get your things, we're heading back to the boat."

The Professor was going to comment, but the Captain's glowing white eyes and changed white hair kept her from saying anything. She said good-bye to Keth and trailed the Amazon as they began to head back to the harbor, noticing, rather curiously, as wisps of white smoke trailed around her feet.

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' timestamp='1342660752' post='3011890']
Aurora tilted her head the other way and through her cries the translator spoke, "Fear not. I will not harm you. It is not magic. It is merely an advanced understanding of communication that enables me to quickly understand you and reply to you. The device I wear interprets your words for me at a rate we cannot keep pace with naturally. What is your name stranger?"
[/quote]Not magic? Linden would have been unafraid to scoff, had she faced another human being. But this was not a human, and she did not want to give offense to an obviously intelligent creature easily several times her own size. And when asked for her name, she barely hesitated. There was no harm in it. "Linden. Might I ask...what you are called?"

Reassurances were all well and good, but Linden was dealing with an unknown here. Then again, most things were outside her own area of knowledge. Anything from beyond the ice, for example. The fact that Aurora introduced herself helped a little in calming her nervousness, though it didn't entirely abate. Such caution was only natural to a member of an isolated people wary (to use the most charitable term) of all outsiders. "I am...exploring," she said, choosing her words with care. "My people were curious about the...lights...that foretold of something happening in the near future. My belief is that it was your arrival in these lands."

The comment about being friends brought what would likely be an unexpected reaction. A snort of amusement. To be fair, Linden hadn't meant to do it, it just slipped out. "No one is friends to The Forgotten," she said, by way of trying to explain the humor she saw in the situation. It wasn't meant to be offensive, it just simply...was the way things were, as she saw it. As her people saw it.

One benefit of it, of course, was that she was no longer the slightest bit on edge. She trusted Aurora to not prove hostile, for now at least, and her hands were calmly at her sides, no longer even tempted to reach for weapons. "There is no kind of help my people would accept, not unless we were offering something in return." In other words, they would acept no charity, as they saw it, but they might be amenable to trade. If they had anything the dragons wanted, anyway.

Little one? Linden snorted in amusement again. She supposed to a being like this, humanity was indeed small. Just like she thought of Aurora and her kind as giants. Though what the Coatl said gave her food for thought. They were a displaced people? What could displace such creatures? War with a rival tribe? She, however, kept her curiosity over that in check, not knowing if asking would cause offense.

She did, however, accept the offered hand, though naturally she eyed it warily for a few moments. Those talons looked like they could be dangerous if used as weapons. "First, we must discuss what we could offer beings with such extraordinary...devices at their control. I doubt we have much you could want--one of the only things of value most of us possess is our own lives, and little more."

ooc: Recalling rp, no longer wish to participate. If the children here ever grow up and learn to write a story with others, and not merely against them.. I might consider returning one day. But I do not see that day coming any time soon.

ic:
[i]This is what true chaos looks like Saris. It disregards technicalities. It makes mockery of lawyers. It will not be bound or bothered by the idiocy of man and its petty squabbles. I might return if the dreamers of this world ever learn to stop moaning about my every act. Then, maybe I'll bring your maul back. Months of this continents history and progress erased.. all, with a flick of my wrist and a change of my will. You might even forget the dragons you were chasing.[/i]

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex