Ultimatum to Tafadzwa

Kankou

[b]Lagos, Najambia[/b]

It had been some days now since Honour had arrived in Lagos and yet after announcing her arrival she had had no further contact with either Grand Papua or Selenarctos forces, it seemed as if they were content to just let the situation go stagnant. For all their cries about finding Tafadzwa Grand Papua no longer seemed to care. Still as much as it was an insult to herself and the Royal Kingdom Honour knew she had a job to do and with the seaborne troops having arrived she could begin the second phase of the operation.

It was during one briefing session with her subordinates that a private arrived to announce that she was needed for a briefing with the Grand Papua and Selenarctos commanders. Excusing herself from the briefing she held with her commanders she made her way to the Grand Papua command post and quickly marched to where Stettin was holding her briefing.

Honour listened to Stettin and quietly noted the details in her mind for later. As the other woman finished speaking Honour shook her head in disagreement before answering. "Commander Stettin if Tafadzwa truly is the leader of Yaza Hajin then removing her won't just solve our problems. I believe that Yaza Hajin would begin a series of retaliation strikes most likely against the Kingdom of Manticore as we are the closest threat to them.

"As such I have been authorised by my government to conduct search and destroy missions across all of Najambia to locate and destroy all traces of the Yaza Hajin however, I can and will provide my helicopter borne forces to assist your own in finding and apprehending Tafadzwa".

[b]Lagos Docks, Najambia[/b]

The docks were a scene of organised chaos as Manticore engineers guided and moved Manticore equipment from the docked cargo vessels to the dockside before sending them on to the staging area a short distance outside of Lagos. Citizens of Lagos would see tanks, armoured vehicles and soldiers of Manticore marching through their city streets their eyes constantly watching for threats to them and their comrades. It was estimated that it would take at least a full day to get the entire force disembarked and assembled.

Edited by Kevin Kingswell

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stettin actually liked how Honour had prepared the Manticore forces for a full-scale operation against Yaza Hajin in general. A nation like this, willing to make the decisive move when necessary, was certainly someone she, and her nation, can deal with on equal footing. "I see no problem with Manticore operating in Najambia. This is an African affair, and as such we see no reason why Grand Papua would even try to keep African nations out of this conflict. Just be sure to tell us what your forces are planning to do, so that there would not be any mistaken conflicts between our troops."

Stettin sent out a separate message to her troops to insist in clearing the docks for the landing of the Manticore troops. It was a simple affair, since Grand Papua already had full control over all of the coast. In the meantime, operation grounds were being prepared just south of the state of Gombe, ready for the deployment of several divisions.

"My plan is to have my forces move out in small but fast task forces and search the nation's villages, towns and other urban areas for any sign of Yaza Hajin presence or of any support from the local populace for the terrorist groups. Any members of the terrorist group or supporters will be detained, with force if neccessary, and brought back here to my Command Post in Lagos to be interrorgated for information. Any information we do gain will of course be shared with both Grand Papua and Selenarctos. However, I must state that I may call in further forces from the homeland if reinforcements are required" replied Honour.

Stettin raised an eyebrow at the mentioning of additional troops, but decided not to consider it. "Do as you consider necessary. We do reserve the right to put on trial the leadership of Yaza Hajin, particularly those that had been in New Guinea during the Kamborian Rebellion. Since that is the main reason why Grand Papua is here in the first place, it is only justice that we be the one to trial them."

Around this time, one of the secretaries of the Grand Papuan forces sent a memo to the PRA observers.

[quote][b]To: People's Republic of Africa

We would like to request that the People's Republic of Africa send military observers, or even military force as seen to be fit, to help Grand Papua in various missions within Najambia. We know of the extensive experience the People's Republic has in the region from the war with the Commonwealth of Africa, so we consider the knowledge of veterans as valuable for operations. We hope for a positive reply.[/quote]

[quote]To: Grand Papua African Expeditionary Task Force

The PRA military shall deploy 39,900 soldiers, 200 T-90s, and 140 BTR-90s to the region as well as the Carrier PRS Walton and Frigate PRS Evolution in assistance.
[/quote]

The force would shortly arrive in Lagos from their bases in Western PRA

Stettin had a map projected onto a screen.

[center][img]http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/1779/najambiaoperations.png[/img][/center]
"Currently we are located in Lagos, in Orange, and Grand Papuan forces are stationed along the coast of Nigeria as indicated in dark gray. I suggest that before we make the push towards Gombe, we clear out the country in this method. Grand Papua and Selenarctos shall take care of light gray, People's Republic of Africa the sky blue, and Manticore purple. Upon complete eradication of all Yaza Hajin elements in the zones we, then we shall do a great push into Gombe, taking down Tafadzwa and her allies for good. Any comments?"

Captain Weber took the opportunity to speak, "Right now, we have credible intelligence placing Tafadzwa in Gombe and for the moment the Gombe is locked down holding. Pacifying the Yaza Hajin as a whole is no doubt a priority, but I propose we immediately neutralize Tafadzwa and as much of the Yaza Hajin command structure. The sooner we act, the less chance Tafadzwa has to slip out of Gombe. The Selenarctos Air Force has three Predator jets above Gombe right now monitoring the situation and we can have a half dozen more overhead within two hours. We have air superiority, and we have an overwhelming logistical advantage: I submit we use it land a strike team right on top of the Yaza Hajin compound in Gombe.

"With no disrespect to the Manticoran Armed Forces, the Selenartan and Papuan forces have the most experience working together in the OU protectorates. With a joint venture between an Advanced Boarding Party from Selenarctos and a team from Grand Papua both covered by Manticoran, Papuan, and Selenarctan air support, I believe we can secure Tafadzwa within 36 hours and level the rest of the compound within 48."

Honour had been ready to reply with her own views when her comm bead in her ear informed her she had an important call, raising one hand to excuse herself she stepped off to one side and listened to call. Whilst the other representatives wouldn't be able to hear what she said back to the other person on the end of the call they would be able to see her expression change into a very serious manner before she ended the call and walked back over to the other representatives and gave them an apologetic look.

"My apologies everyone. I can firmly put my confidance into Captain Weber's plan of action as you said Captain Grand Papua and Selenarctos have worked together before and as such I would be perfectly willing to provide air support for a strike against Gombe. Of course Manticore Armed Forces will still be carrying out other operations across Najambia though we will restrict ourselves to the area defined by Commander Stettin for now".

The leader of the PRA forces in the region looked over the map and plans.

"This looks fine for the PRA forces. We can begin clearing our sectors immediately while also providing any necessary support in the Gombe areas."

Najambia once again wishes to surrender. The Government has Changed and we do not wish any ill-will towards any nation. I will be in complete command of the Najambian Armed Forces,

Sincerely,
Temporary President Ishubuki

OOC: I do not have time to do this war, due to RL Isssues.

*Reply from Stettin*

I know of no temporary president. Until Tafadzwa is apprehended, we will not stop.

OOC: I already gave you the options by PM, Rotavele. Either you do as stated in it or I will have to carry out my promises. 8 hours left.

And Isaac MatthewII, I have to say I don't recognize your RP.

Tafadzwa was rounded up by Rebellion PRN Personnel, She was evac-ed to a safe site where she was turned over to Papuan Army Officials and it was noted that she had been surrendered.

OOC: Everything is in Kankou's hands now. As agreed upon here:

[spoiler]
[02:45] <Kankou> you there
[02:45] <Rotavele[NpO]> Hey
[02:45] <Kankou> You've read the PM?
[02:45] <Rotavele[NpO]> Yes but i do not have much time on here
[02:46] <Kankou> well, I'll do it so you don't need to do a whole lot
[02:46] <Rotavele[NpO]> Ok thanks
[02:46] <Kankou> basically, have Tafadzwa surrender, and I'll take it from there
[02:46] <Rotavele[NpO]> Ok ty
[02:47] <Kankou> I keep my promises: she'll be back in Najambia after the trials on a suspended sentence, and you can do what you want with Najambia afterwards :)
[02:47] <Kankou> on the other hand "namelss" Yaza Hajin leaders (those I make up) will be the ones that face justice
[02:47] <Kankou> deal?
[02:47] <Rotavele[NpO]> Ok
[02:48] <Kankou> just post something short in the thread, with Tafadzwa surrendering
[02:48] <Kankou> and OOC stating "I leave everything in Kankou's hands"
[02:49] <Kankou> if I try to cheat, we have the PM as evidence of what I promised
[/spoiler]

[b]Lagos[/b]

Tafadzwa was dragged up the Triest Stettin along with the other leaders of Yaza Hajin who were captured by the "loyalists". Only icy eyes looked down upon the beaten woman. "So, you're the one that forced us to come halfway across the globe. I hope you're prepared to be as defying in court as you were in hiding."

[b]*Announcement from the Grand Papuan Expeditionary Task Force*[/b]

The terrorist Tafadzwa and her fellow criminals have been captured. With the initial mission completed, Grand Papuan forces shall remove itself from Najamiba, circumstances permitting in this volatile world. We expect it to take three months should we find no particular hindrance.

[b]*Classified Message to People's Republic of Africa*[/b]

We hope that you shall help Najambia begin its transaction to a normal country

Edited by Kankou

With this new government taking power in the region, the PRA extends an invitation for support from its neighbor. Before we withdraw all troops from Najambia, we are willing to provide assistance to our neighbor in order to form a working democratic nation.

[quote name='Axolotlia' timestamp='1327622868' post='2907717']
With this new government taking power in the region, the PRA extends an invitation for support from its neighbor. Before we withdraw all troops from Najambia, we are willing to provide assistance to our neighbor in order to form a working democratic nation.
[/quote]

"We ask foreign military to exit at this time, endless they are of Papuan Nationality. We will accept economic aid though, for the damage caused by your nation."

- Chancellor of RoP

[quote name='Rotavele' timestamp='1327821338' post='2909272']
"We ask foreign military to exit at this time, endless they are of Papuan Nationality. We will accept economic aid though, for the damage caused by your nation."

- Chancellor of RoP
[/quote]

The PRA forces will be withdrawn from the region, but given the fact that they were never utilized in any aggressive nature, we see no damage done by us to compensate your nation for.

- PRA Department of Defense

[quote name='Axolotlia' timestamp='1327880117' post='2909838']
The PRA forces will be withdrawn from the region, but given the fact that they were never utilized in any aggressive nature, we see no damage done by us to compensate your nation for.

[/quote]

"We did not ask for reparations, but you offered Assistance and we were willing to take it."

- Chancellor Congo

[quote name='Rotavele' timestamp='1327901992' post='2910305']
"We did not ask for reparations, but you offered Assistance and we were willing to take it."

- Chancellor Congo
[/quote]

We are willing to assist you but took the following quote to meaning such:

"We will accept economic aid though,[b] for the damage caused by your nation[/b]."

[quote name='Axolotlia' timestamp='1327903247' post='2910323']
We are willing to assist you but took the following quote to meaning such:

"We will accept economic aid though,[b] for the damage caused by your nation[/b]."

[/quote]

"Oh, Well we will take that back. Please deposit the money in our national banks though."

- Chancellor Congo