The GM's Court

Centurius

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

qbs5.png

Please one spyroll to search the Paraguayan Gran Chaco region for signs of increased Paraguayan military activity, using SATINT.

If failure, use my second roll for same purpose. If success, I'd appreciate an estimate of how detailed information would be.

Also, if success, please use the other spyroll to start mapping out military and civilian airfields in Paraguay via SATINT.

That'd be it for today.

1-90= Win

91-100= Loss

Roll 1: 47

Roll 2: 16

For the first one, I think that since it will be a general scanning mission to cover a huge amount of land, you can see big things.  Movement of tank columns, ships, bombers, large formations of troops.  If you want, you can go deeper later on if you RP seeing something big.  I can use Google Maps to point out different ship classes in Fokino Harbor, so military satellites can give you a very detailed bunch of information.  The problem is knowing exactly where to look.

I can't help but reread these and laugh considering the current situation.

While as a GM I appreciate players finding amusement in the community, I would still like to remind you that this is the GM court, responsible for resolving disputes and making decisions on game moderation. Posts unrelated to such matters may be better off in the OOC thread. Thanks.

Edit: Not a shot at you, but in general, discuss this elsewhere, people. Thanks.

Edited by Evangeline Anovilis

I have decided to ask now before roleplaying to assure that I am coming from the right stand point.

1) What are the limitation of roleplaying a foreigner's civilians?

I recognize it is dually seen as both of our citizens as the claim is disputed. However I also noticed that Centurius played the citizens as raising the Athenian Flag. It then occured to me that I do not know the limitations to roleplay a civilian population. In any war it can be said that land is disputed, however what officially allows for one to roleplay the civilians?

In Example: Pakistan is inactive. Pakistan is claimed by a new nation. Another nation claims the land too. Who roleplays the citizens in the occupied area?

2) What is a clear and up to date definition of metagame?

No I am not saying Centurius is metagaming at all. He has a basis to declare on me playing Cyprus as it was his before Ptolemaic settled there. However I just want to know for future reference a clear definition of metagaming.

3) Is it possible to remain in a disputed land for a long pieriod?

For example, can I pull a Gaza-Israel/Afghanistan scenario here? If my military is defeated, can I still roleplay my occupied citizens as being rebellious but not using weaponry?

Edited by Rotavele

When land is disputed everyone who disputes it can rp citizens, that being said the citizens rp'd need to come out of soldier counts. Each citizen you rp cannot also be a soldier. The population you cannot RP due to numbers simply is a neutral third party who aren't played by anyone.

In regards to 1., Cent answered that.

In regards to 2., I would say, actions that clearly violate the IC/OOC barrier. But my co-GMs can feel free to correct this.

In regards to 3., yes, though there is little point if all your soldier count sits in prison (civilians are part of the soldier count).

When land is disputed everyone who disputes it can rp citizens, that being said the citizens rp'd need to come out of soldier counts. Each citizen you rp cannot also be a soldier. The population you cannot RP due to numbers simply is a neutral third party who aren't played by anyone.

That seems different from what I was told a few months ago:

Even if I the civilians I control fit in my soldier count? And I am initiating actions, that's why Filipinos (originally from Selenarctos, I probably should have been more clear about that) started the movement.

Only by mutual consent of the players involved. Otherwise your basically having a bunch of people do what you are doing claiming loyalty without much reason. There's little to support such claims on either side and highly biased.

Essentially what Triyun said, but the exception to this would be if you were to re-roll and then RP as the citizens of the disputed nation, then you would take numbers from your soldier count.

Edited by iKrolm

Ok thank you.

In regards to 1., Cent answered that.

In regards to 2., I would say, actions that clearly violate the IC/OOC barrier. But my co-GMs can feel free to correct this.

In regards to 3., yes, though there is little point if all your soldier count sits in prison (civilians are part of the soldier count).

Thank you for clarifying that. If I understand correctly my 50,000 CNRP Soldier Count would be my citizens and soldiers. Does that also mean that Athen's soldier count will be reduced due to him role playing citizens there?

That seems different from what I was told a few months ago:

You were given faulty information then as the precedent for this was set up when tbm did an insurgency in Africa when Eva had Somalia I think.

This seems to happen too frequently and people get screwed over by everchanging rules, I was also fed faulty information in the last few thousand wars I fought. That is why I refer to here from now on in advance.

Both Eva and I had our soldier's counts times whatever to play with in terms of supporters.

What?

---------

New Questions: 

1) I see that during war assets are frozen and such. Seeing as no CNRP Players really fight in the real wars anymore to save their Infra/Tech, this rule may not apply anymore. However if I have a nation now, do I use my pre-war stats as military numbers?

2) Is it possible to "Influence" disputed peoples? Not to fight but for politically supportive purposes.

Edited by Rotavele

1) what are you talking about?

I've gotten blasted down from 67k ns to 3000 ns.

A few others have gotten leveled as well.

Cent the person you are being contested by:

http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display_charts.asp?Nation_ID=188949

He went up to 90k and has now leveled out at 75k NS. That's not the sign of someone hiding from a war. Stop spewing nonsense out of your hole. Further, we haven't used saved stats in years. You rp with what you have on hand.

2) You can't rp another person's people, ever. You can make propaganda, but it is up to the other person to accept or not.

1) what are you talking about?

I've gotten blasted down from 67k ns to 3000 ns.

A few others have gotten leveled as well.

Cent the person you are being contested by:
http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display_charts.asp?Nation_ID=188949

He went up to 90k and has now leveled out at 75k NS. That's not the sign of someone hiding from a war. Stop spewing nonsense out of your hole. Further, we haven't used saved stats in years. You rp with what you have on hand.

2) You can't rp another person's people, ever. You can make propaganda, but it is up to the other person to accept or not.

That wasn't directed at centurius and read above to understand number 2...
Until then #2 remains open.

To answer the questions, first, yes, Cent also needs to fit his civilians into his soldier count. Second, the precedent set was when Somalia was inactive for months and I claimed it as Croatian East Africa. TBM disputed it and we both had to deduct every citizen we RPed from our soldier count. That is the precedent.

Last time someone tried to bring up saved stats was Mara, who RPed her pre-war stats even months after the war ended. Just as a clarification on TBMs words. But I think noone really acknowledged it, because it was not really the intention of the rules and was a very liberal interpretation of the concept. In your case, I'd say talk with Centurius, because if one of you would get to use pre-war stats in this conflict, the other would too. And should you both agree to use that concept, it would be nice to have some sort of reliable information what pre-war stats even were.

You can make propaganda, but it will not influence more citizens than you RP to be influenced. If you got a soldier count of 50,000 and RP them all as citizens, your propaganda would influence exactly these 50,000 that you RP. Only exceptions are if you RP that less of your people are influenced (for whatever reason), or if other people RP citizens under their control being influenced. But you can neither force Cent's citizens, nor neutral citizens to believe your propaganda.

No pre-war stats for either, they're pretty difficult to establish and this thing started long after the war did.

Also, could I have another roll to find the rebel leadership? If it fails I'd like to use my second roll for it too. Still have the same odds as yesterday,

No pre-war stats for either, they're pretty difficult to establish and this thing started long after the war did.

Also, could I have another roll to find the rebel leadership? If it fails I'd like to use my second roll for it too. Still have the same odds as yesterday,

22. Success. Please use a logically sound and possible method.