The GM's Court

Centurius

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Kankou' timestamp='1355075320' post='3062135']
Centurius, there is no such rule..... yet.
[/quote]

Except we had it on the record for years, it just got lost in one of the many map threads;

[quote][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][center]*When Rerolling, you give up the ability and right to RP anything connected with your old entity. This means that people not present in your current country are unable to be controlled while physical installations cannot be controlled unless you own the land they are on.[/center][/font][/color][/quote]

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=69156

The funny thing is that a metagame is NOT clear and self-evident, Cent. The only things that are are thus:

1. The Imperial Navy was never destroyed, and as thus it is entirely possible for it to have roamed the waterways of the world for the last IC year or so, making port-calls in non-hostile territory. Proof here in the radio chatter : [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=112762&#entry3023869"]http://forums.cybern...2[/url]

2. The Royal Family is in hiding and exile, and is manipulating a situation they learned of through rumors passed from Confederate civilians to their own ends. They got ahold of the Fleets and called them down on a country that is amenable to Imperial beliefs, figuring that the (possible) enemy of my enemy is my friend. If the war doesn't materialize, then the only thing they lose is time, and they may, in fact, gain valuable ties they can exploit in the future.

Also, that's something you ought to keep on record. Since it wasn't on record in any readily-available format until just now, and given the preponderance of people reusing old characters, I'm forced to conclude the rule cannot be in effect any longer.

Edited by Mara Lithaen

That rule had not been installed in the past map threads, and the notion that "it was never removed" is BS because you and Triyun specifically raised hell when I tried to add a similar ruluryu to the map threads. Basically, you yourself recognized no such rule and am only adding it NOW.

I demand a official poll, since that was not a formally installed rule for the past two years or so I've been in CN.

Guys chill out. Mara, it would be easier to say you had simply built the fleet, so on the grounds of common sense and the time passed since, not to mention the all too convenient arrival of this fleet, It is my recommendation that the thread in question be wiped, KaiserMelech will have the final say on the matter as he is the only unspoken GM. Until he makes a decision, please consider the post in purgatory, neither here or there.

As for that old rule, a players characters have never seemed to have fallen under this rule, they are the sole property of the author unless killed by another player when placed in a location of particular danger.

@Kankou, please do not come into the GM's court "demanding" anything. Cent provided a link to the map thread in question, and it is indeed present.
However, as the ruling has not been enforced in the time I have been in the community that I have seen, I must also state that until a GM discussion takes place and a decision is made on its status before going to a vote, consider the rule also in purgatory.

Edited by Zoot Zoot

Fine, Zoot. The thread stands as my character and situation development; however, the First and Second Fleets have now been changed to an African-built entity, barring Kaiser's decision one way or the other. However, the evidence that the fleet was never destroyed or really even hit says that I should be able to use it. Ten thousand marines and a couple of dozen ships shouldn't matter enough of a damn for this much of a mess to be made of it.

As much as I hate jumping in to the mess that surrounds each GM court debate, I must point out that even if characters can be transferred between nations it refers only to major characters such as a ruler, and not ships, troops or anything else.

In regards to the fleet, the reason the surviving fleet wasn't finished off because Mara rage quit CN RP. It was assumed that it disbanded like the rest of her military forces that weren't dead yet. She didn't continue to RP those assets resisting. Once you quit, you quit, you don't get to say 'PSYCHE!' four months later. If Mara had still RPed it, we would've kept killing it. She did not. That's called being a god modder, not being a clever tactician.

[quote name='Yawoo' timestamp='1355085339' post='3062166']
As much as I hate jumping in to the mess that surrounds each GM court debate, I must point out that even if characters can be transferred between nations it refers only to major characters such as a ruler, and not ships, troops or anything else.
[/quote]
As a quick point of curiosity; suppose one of your major characters is 'just' a soldier and you reroll; does the rule give some leeway in such regards with bringing that character to the new nation, or continuing to RP the character?

[quote name='dotCom' timestamp='1355089527' post='3062189']
As a quick point of curiosity; suppose one of your major characters is 'just' a soldier and you reroll; does the rule give some leeway in such regards with bringing that character to the new nation, or continuing to RP the character?
[/quote]

You answered your question when you said major character. At the same time, how many people have 'just' a soldier as a major character? Barely any, most likely, because being just a soldier doesn't make for many good RP oppurtunities. Now, being a high ranking officer? Yeah, you're probably a major character, and could probably be preserved so long as you can think of a logical reason a new nation would employ a high ranking officer from a nation that was most likely rolled just a few RP-time weeks ago. This being said, there aren't many major characters for people so you probably shouldn't be re-rolling with anything more than 2-3 people.

[quote name='Yawoo' timestamp='1355090043' post='3062193']
You answered your question when you said major character. At the same time, how many people have 'just' a soldier as a major character? Barely any, most likely, because being just a soldier doesn't make for many good RP oppurtunities. Now, being a high ranking officer? Yeah, you're probably a major character, and could probably be preserved so long as you can think of a logical reason a new nation would employ a high ranking officer from a nation that was most likely rolled just a few RP-time weeks ago. This being said, there aren't many major characters for people so you probably shouldn't be re-rolling with anything more than 2-3 people.
[/quote]

Not entirely true, I have several major characters who are still around.
Max Fisher, my present prime minister
Jessica Bonaparte
Harry Bonaparte
Alice Wesker
Josephine Bonaparte

[quote name='Zoot Zoot' timestamp='1355091036' post='3062199']
Not entirely true, I have several major characters who are still around.
Max Fisher, my present prime minister
Jessica Bonaparte
Harry Bonaparte
Alice Wesker
Josephine Bonaparte
[/quote]

Fine, some have more than 2-3, but the point remains that only a minimum number of people can be transferred over.

[quote name='Mara Lithaen' timestamp='1355083894' post='3062160']
Fine, Zoot. The thread stands as my character and situation development; however, the First and Second Fleets have now been changed to an African-built entity, barring Kaiser's decision one way or the other. However, the evidence that the fleet was never destroyed or really even hit says that I should be able to use it. Ten thousand marines and a couple of dozen ships shouldn't matter enough of a damn for this much of a mess to be made of it.
[/quote]
S'all good in the hood as long as it's new ships.

[quote name='Yawoo' timestamp='1355085339' post='3062166']
[/quote]
What about in my case, where I literally RPed packing up my nation in India and moving it to Pakistan, and then did the same thing from Pakistan to Siberia.

[quote name='Kankou' timestamp='1355094439' post='3062217']
PS: I was giving an example. I don't give a damn about rerolls or nation moving, and whether you can RP your character or not. I frankly see this "you cannot RP your characters" as one of the BS ideas in CNRP.
[/quote]

Then stop deliberately misinterpreting what is being said.

But if I can't use my old characters... I'd have to think of new people... That requires creativity.

But really, I can think up a new character in a quarter hour, or five minutes for a smaller one. Still, I'd rather keep my few characters that I used since Vicidalian times. I don't see much wrong with it. Maybe I don't write the highest quality of RP, but I think that has not yet mattered.

[quote name='Kankou' timestamp='1355094439' post='3062217']
PS: I was giving an example. I don't give a damn about rerolls or nation moving, and whether you can RP your character or not. I frankly see this "you cannot RP your characters" as one of the BS ideas in CNRP.
[/quote]

Kind of sucks to be you, then, doesn't it?

[quote name='Evangeline Anovilis' timestamp='1355097913' post='3062239']
But if I can't use my old characters... I'd have to think of new people... That requires creativity.

But really, I can think up a new character in a quarter hour, or five minutes for a smaller one. Still, I'd rather keep my few characters that I used since Vicidalian times. I don't see much wrong with it. Maybe I don't write the highest quality of RP, but I think that has not yet mattered.
[/quote]

You covered your tracks perfectly to transfer them to the new territory so you shouldn't have any issues.

[quote name='Kankou' timestamp='1355099602' post='3062246']
Depends, since I know such a rule will..... backfire..... on those who proposed it.
[/quote]

Please do tell how this will backfire, if you don't want to clutter this thread tell me on irc.