Confederation of Arctic Nations

Californian

[center]
[size="6"]Confederation of Arctic Nations[/size]
Ivujivik, Republique du Quebec

Secretary-General: Gregory Matavice, Quebec
Security Chairman: Lt. Gen. Mikael Angerdlánguk, Greenland

[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/95/Northwest_Territories_Legislative_Building.jpg[/img]

This thread is private to Members, Observers, and Applicants of the Confederation of Arctic Nation unless specifically stated otherwise.
[/center]

[quote]
[center]
[size="5"][font="Garamond"]Charter
of the
Confederation of Arctic Nations[/font][/size]
[/center]

[b]I. Preamble
[/b]
The undersigned nations are sovereign independent entities who sign this pact in the hopes of peace and prosperity for the mutual betterment of the respective signatories as well as the Arctic region as a whole. Through this treaty the aforementioned states strive to ensure security and justice through a unified Arctic defense, increase well-being through economic measures, and promote Arctic unity through cross-cultural exchange as well as increased cooperation.
[b]
II. Non-Aggression & Intelligence[/b]

The aforementioned nations agree to a pact of non-aggression, and will not interfere or step into the soil of any other member nation that does not specifically ask for outside assistance. Nor will any signatory illegally spy, destabilize, or in any other way attempt to bring harm to another signatory.

The nations in this pact agree to disclose and share any relevant intelligence and information that would adversely affect the security of a fellow member nation or this organization.

[b]III. Mutual Defense[/b]

The aforementioned nations agree to a pact of mutual defense and pledge to defend any member of this treaty that is being attacked by a foreign aggressor. If a nation is waging a defensive war, the signatories promise to provide military, intelligence, and civilian aid to ensure the survival of the threatened nation.

Member nations are not required to assist in any aggressive war started by a signatory. If fellow signatories wish to support the nation that is in a state of war, they are allowed to do so, but this is neither required nor expected of any nation upholding this charter.
[b]
IV. Economic & Political Cooperation[/b]

The nations in this treaty agree to try to engage in mutually beneficial economic policies and agreements with other member nations when possible. Members should work to increase economic cooperation through increased trade and lowered tariffs.

The nations in this treaty agree to house embassies of other nations in this pact in the spirit of political cooperation. Likewise, nations agree to staff foreign embassies with diplomatic staff.

[b]V. Organization of the Confederation of Arctic Nations[/b]

The member nations agree to staff a Confederation of Arctic Nations headquarters in the city of Ivujivik. The undersigned nations agree to staff the building with permanent representatives at all times to ensure urgent issues can be quickly dealt with. All foreign diplomats in the Confederation of Arctic Nations headquarters are provided full diplomatic immunity.

The Confederation of Arctic Nations General Assembly, consisting of all full member nations, will be led by the Confederation of Arctic Nations Secretary General. The Secretary General is elected with a 66% majority to a six year term (OOC: six months) and acts as the spokesperson for the Confederation of Arctic Nations. The Secretary General may be impeached with 75% of member nations voting in favor of impeachment.

[b]VI. Security Council[/b]

The nations in this treaty agree to form a Security Council tasked with providing a unified command during periods when Article III of this pact has been activated. While member nations will maintain complete authority over their citizens, the Security Council will provide a centralized front to repel any aggressive attack on a member of this organization.

The Security Council will be led by the Security Council Chairman. The Chairman is democratically elected for a six year term (OOC: six months) by members of the Confederation of Arctic Nations. The Chairman can be impeached with 75% of member nations voting in favor of impeachment.

[b]VII. Membership[/b]

Nations may apply to join this treaty at any time, as either a member state or observer state. There are no specific requirements to apply for membership, however geographical location in the Arctic or close proximity to other member nations is suggested.

Observer states agree to uphold all articles except Articles III and VI. They may not vote however they are allowed to discuss Arctic matters and affairs as well as cooperate with other full member and observer states. Observer states are allowed to maintain a delegation at the Confederation of Arctic Nations and may participate in non-secret General Assembly dialogue and discussions. To apply for observer state status, the applicant must submit an official application to the Confederation of Arctic Nations Headquarters and receive unanimous approval from members of the Confederation of Arctic Nations.

Full member states agree to uphold all articles in this treaty and are guaranteed a vote in any matter brought before the Confederation of Arctic Nations. They agree to defend other full members. Member states are allowed to maintain a delegation at the Confederation of Arctic Nations and may participate in all General Assembly dialogue, discussions, and voting. After one year (OOC: one month) of being an observer state in this treaty, a nation is eligible to apply for full membership standing. The applicant must submit an official application to the Confederation of Arctic Nations Headquarters and receive unanimous approval from the members of the Confederation of Arctic Nations.

If a member nation exhibits behavior or rhetoric inconsistent with the principles and goals detailed in this document they may be expelled from the Confederation of Arctic Nations by a vote of all full member nations besides the nation in question. If over three-quarters of members vote in favor of expulsion, the nation in question will be removed from the Confederation of Arctic Nations and will have neither the privileges nor responsibilities associated with membership in this organization. They may be reinstated if they follow all procedures for membership outlined in this Article.

[b]VIII. Amendments[/b]

This treaty, excluding Article II, may be amended at any time. Any changes to the wording of this document require more than three-quarters majority of all member states in favor of the proposed changes.

[b]IX. Termination[/b]

No nation shall be forced to stay in this treaty against their will and are allowed to leave if they so choose. Thus, any nation may leave this pact so long as they give a five day notice before withdrawal. The nation may apply to rejoin at any time, however the nation must follow all procedures to becoming a member state as written in Article VII.

[b]X. Signatures[/b]

This treaty was ratified on the date of June XX, 20XX. The undersigned agree to uphold this treaty and all of its specified obligations to the best of their abilities.

[u]MEMBER NATIONS[/u]

[b]Signed for Blue Heaven,[/b]

Roger Smith, Prime Minister

Dorothy Waynewright, Minister of Foreign Affairs

Blue Heaven Parliament

[s][b]
Signed for the Commonwealth of Canada,[/b]

National Deligates Council
Nathan Campbell, Minister of Foregin Affairs[/s]

[b]Signed for the Federal Republic of Greenland,[/b]

Alejandro Californian, President of Greenland
Kristjan Vilhjálmsson, Minister of Foreign Affairs

The Senatus of the Federal Republic of Greenland

[s][b]Signed for the Holy Empire of Ursalia,[/b]

James Norton, Imperator and Protector of the West Coast
J Thomas Christopher, Grand Vizier[/s]

[b]Signed for the Kingdom of Manitoba,[/b]

Queen Andrea White
Queen of Manitoba

Marcus Henderson
Prime Minister of Manitoba

Paul Thomas
Minister of Foreign Affairs and Trade

[b]Signed for the Corporate Republic of Noveria,[/b]

J. Thomas Christopher, provisional President of the Republic of Noveria
Noveria Development Council
National Assembly of the Republic of Noveria

[b]Signed for La Republique du Quebec,[/b]

Maxime Vigneault, President of Quebec
Alexandre Picard, Prime Minister of Quebec
Cherie Lalonde, Foreign Minister for Quebec

1st Parliament of La Republique du Quebec

[b]Signed for the Republic of Newfoundland, [/b]

President of the Republic of Newfoundland- Dominic Andrew Johnson
Foreign minister- Harley Kokoro

[u]OBSERVER NATIONS[/u]

[/quote]

[u]Current Members[/u]

[list]
[*]*Blue Heaven
[*] Corporate Republic of Noveria
[*][s]*Commonwealth of Canada[/s]
[*]*Federal Republic of Greenland
[*][s]*Holy Empire of Ursalia[/s]
[*][s]*Kingdom of Manitoba[/s]
[*]*La Republique du Quebec
[*] Republic of Newfoundland
[/list]
* denotes founding member

[u]Current Observers[/u]
[list]
[*]Norway
[*]Slavorussia
[/list]

_ _ _ _ _

[url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=103107&view=findpost&p=2754638"] [b]PASSED[/b] Resolution I. Admission of the Republic of Newfoundland as an Observer State[/url]
[url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=103107&view=findpost&p=2772278"] [b]PASSED[/b] Resolution II. Grant Independence to Selected Region of CAN Protectorate[/url]
[url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=103107&view=findpost&p=2772278"] [b]FAILED[/b] Resolution III. Admission of Ireland as an Observer State[/url]
[url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=103107&view=findpost&p=2780537"] [b]VOTING[/b] Resolution IV. Admission of Norway as an Observer State [/url]
[url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=103107&view=findpost&p=2788295"] [b]VOTING[/b] Resolution V. Admission of Slavorussia as an Observer State [/url]
[url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=103107&view=findpost&p=2788295"] [b]VOTING[/b] Resolution VI. Amendment of Article V. in CAN Charter [/url]
_ _ _ _ _

[url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=74739"]Previous CAN Discussions[/url]

Edited by Californian

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It appears that one of our member nations, the Commonwealth of Canada, as inexplicably collapsed. We are currently deploying peacekeeper forces in the eastern portion of the Commonwealth of Canada and as ask that each member nation help contribute peacekeepers as they see fit.

Greenland's Representative to the Confederation of Arctic Nations and son of the late President of the Northern Republic, Simon Eyvindsson, addressed the other member nations present in the Confederation of Arctic Nations headquarters.

"Greetings, my friends and allies! I am delighted to work alongside all of you to ensure the successful and continued operation of the CAN. Here are some matters that I wish to discuss.

First, each member should name their representative that will lead their permanent delegation in the CAN headquarters. Additionally, each nation should bring a standard sized flag of their nation so we may display it in front as well. Finally, we will be staffing the headquarters with English-French translators in addition to any other languages member nations request.

Next, we should begin elections for the Secretary General and Security Council Chairman of the Confederation of Arctic Nation. The Secretary General heads day-to-day affairs, the General Assembly where we discuss and vote on resolutions, as well as acting as the spokesperson for the CAN. The Security Council Chairman is in charge of coordinating CAN efforts during times of war, leading CAN war exercises, in addition to coordinating peacekeeping forces in the CAN protectorate. Each nation should nominate individuals they feel would be suitable to each position.

Finally, as you are well aware the Confederation of Arctic Nations currently possesses a large protectorate over much of northern Canada. Greenland has pledged to provide 10,000 peacekeepers in the region, however we welcome any member to provide additional troops to maintain order and security in the protectorate."

Edited by Californian

"We would like to nominate William Rolfe for the position of the Secretary General. In addition, we would send over troops to the CAN protectorate, but for the Nava Doctrine, which forbids us from stationing troops overseas. We apologize for any inconvinence."

[img]http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2010/03/23/mactavish_craig_big_381.jpg[/img]

La Republique's representative, Gregory Matavice, addressed the rest of the CAN. An experienced legislator who resigned his seat within Quebec's National Assembly to accept this prestigious position, Mativice was well adjusted to speaking formally.

"Quebec takes her role in the CAN extremely seriously, and we are of course concerned about the situation regarding our newfound protectorates. To that end, we pledge to commit 10 000 soldiers to the protection of these territories, under the leadership of a united CAN military command, to be deployed to whichever regions deemed necessary.

"Additionally, after much discussion with my superiors within the Quebecois government, I have decided to throw my own hat into the ring for the position of Secretary-General."

After arriving to the HQ by limo.
"Hello good people, My name is Nell Rode. I have been asked by the president of the Republic of Newfoundland to send this letter. It is apparent that the nation wants to join in membership, and that I shall be a rep."

[quote]"The President of Newfoundland, Dominic Johnson, has requested to join, and be a member of the Confederation of Arctic Nations. In the hopes that we could help each-other grow stronger, and grow economically. I hope you consider us,
Signed [i]President Dominic Andrew Johnson, of Newfoundland[/i][/quote]

Edited by Shadow hawk

Simon Eyvindsson read the letter before addressing the other CAN representatives and Nell Rodes.

"We are glad to see Newfoundland applying for membership. The first step to becoming a member is being an observer for a period of one year (OOC: one month), and we certainly have no issue with granting Newfoundland observer status. But first, could you tell us a little bit more about your nation? What is your government and economic structures, what are your main exports, and what can you contribute to the CAN?"

Back in the closed off quarters of the headquarters, Simon spoke to the other men and women from the CAN member nations. Both William Rolfe, of the Holy Empire of Ursalia, and Gregory Matavice, of La Republique du Quebec, are running for the position of the Secretary General of the CAN.

Greenland nominates Lt. Gen. Mikael Angerdlánguk of the Greenlandic Marines to the position of Security Council Chairman. He has been in the military for over 30 years and has personally led the Northern Command since Greenland's inception. We believe he is an exceptional candidate for the position.

If no other member nation would like to nominate an individual for either position we can move to the voting process.

The Blue Heaven representative, Slyvia Hawkings stood up. "I would like to announce that I'd like to run for the position of Secretary-General of the CAN and that Blue Heaven will donate 20,000 soldiers to the organization's peacekeeping forces."

Manitoba's representative Julia Small then in turn stood up to speak "We are not going to nominate a person to run for Sec-gen, however we would like to nominate General Peter Samsanov for Security Council Chairman. We shall also be sending 10,000 troops to the protectorate."

[quote name='Californian' timestamp='1310345918' post='2754122']
Simon Eyvindsson read the letter before addressing the other CAN representatives and Nell Rodes.

"We are glad to see Newfoundland applying for membership. The first step to becoming a member is being an observer for a period of one year (OOC: one month), and we certainly have no issue with granting Newfoundland observer status. But first, could you tell us a little bit more about your nation? What is your government and economic structures, what are your main exports, and what can you contribute to the CAN?"
[/quote]

Nell takes her turn to speak to Simon of her country.

"I understand that we must be a observer first, and hopefully we could learn something of how this all works. As for how my nation works, we are a small republican government. Mostly a small nation of less than a million. Mostly because we don't have too good farmland. However we have a plentiful variety of fish, as such our diets would reflect that, as we usually eat fish. As for our decent economy, we have less factories and stores and large cities than what most nations would have. But this also has a flip side, low unemployment, and easy to govern, and a decent economy. Our economy is a free enterprise economy, with some regulation, and other government involvement. We also have a few oil wells, and iron, copper, gold, zinc, and nickle mines. These mines would send their goods to one of our harbors, or directly to a factory. The factories we do have make your house-hold appliances and the like, electronics (mostly used for the home appliances factories), as well as a few smelters, and a few that make wires. Our main exports are steel, gold, copper, oil, and fish goods. As for what we can contribute to CAN, we have more than enough of our resources to go-around to help CAN, and we could help provide light military and economic support as-well."

Edited by Shadow hawk

[b]Confederation of Arctic Nations Elections[/b]

[u]Secretary General[/u]
[i]Slyvia Hawkings[/i], Blue Heaven
Blue Heaven
[i]Gregory Matavice[/i], Republique du Quebec
Greenland, Quebec, Manitoba
[i]William Rolfe[/i], Holy Empire of Ursalia
Ursalia

Secretary General must receive SUPER MAJORITY (4) votes to be elected.

[u]Chairman of the Security Council[/u]
[i]Lt. Gen. Mikael Angerdlánguk[/i], Greenland
Greenland, Blue Heaven, Quebec, Ursalia
[i]Gen. Peter Samsanov[/i], Manitoba
Manitoba

To Vote:

Chairman must receive MAJORITY (3) votes to be elected.

[b]Resolution I. Admission of the Republic of Newfoundland as an Observer State[/b]
Yea: Greenland, Blue Heaven, Quebec, Ursalia, Manitoba
Nay:
Abstain:
To Vote:

Resolution must receive UNANIMOUS approval to pass.

[b]PUBLIC[/b]

As an observer to the CAN you will be permitted to have a non-voting representative here in the headquarters to partake in discussions with other members. You also abide by the CAN charter except for matters dealing with mutual defense. As an observer you agree to not attack fellow member nations however you are not required by the charter to defend other members, yet.

After a year as an observer (OOC: 1 month) you are eligible to become a full member of the organization where you would have a voting representative as well as uphold all articles of the CAN charter, including mutual defense.

Edited by Californian

"The Holy Empire of Ursalia no longer exists. In its place, the Republic of Noveria stands. With that said, we intend to maintain our ties with the C.A.N. If you'd like, we could submit our signatures."

- Salvador Nava, Director of Foreign Affairs

The Republic's signatures would duly be sent over:

[quote]Signed for the [b]Republic of Noveria[/b],
[i]J. Thomas Christopher, provisional President of the Republic of Noveria
Noveria Development Council
National Assembly of the Republic of Noveria[/i][/quote]

Edited by JEDCJT

[b]Resolution I.[/b], Admission of the Republic of Newfoundland as an Observer State, has officially passed and the Confederation of Arctic Nation enthusiastically welcomes the Republic of Newfoundland as an observer state to the Confederation of Arctic Nations. You are invited to staff a non-voting representative at the C.A.N. headquarters and participate in dialogue and discussions with our member states.

After a period of one year (ooc: one month), your status will be upgraded to that of a full-fledged member state so long as no current member of the C.A.N. voices any objections. We also ask that you provide your nation's signatures so that they may be added to our charter.

Additionally, Lt. Gen. Mikael Angerdlánguk has been elected as the Confederation of Arctic Nation's first Chairman of the Security Council and will be charge of coordinating movements during periods of war as well as managing peacekeeping operations in C.A.N. administered protectorates.

[b]PRIVATE[/b]

The vote for Secretary-General is undecided as Gregory Matavice still needs one vote to achieve the supermajority needed to be elected. We realize Blue Heaven and Noveria both have excellent candidates, however in the interest of unity I implore your nations to consider voting for Matavice.

[quote name='Californian' timestamp='1311044009' post='2758917']
[b]Resolution I.[/b], Admission of the Republic of Newfoundland as an Observer State, has officially passed and the Confederation of Arctic Nation enthusiastically welcomes the Republic of Newfoundland as an observer state to the Confederation of Arctic Nations. You are invited to staff a non-voting representative at the C.A.N. headquarters and participate in dialogue and discussions with our member states.

After a period of one year (ooc: one month), your status will be upgraded to that of a full-fledged member state so long as no current member of the C.A.N. voices any objections. We also ask that you provide your nation's signatures so that they may be added to our charter.
[/quote]

"I'm more than grateful to be a part of CAN. Even as a observer, and I hope to learn of what I can of CAN. Quick question tho, do you want me to call in the president to sign the document now, or should we wait till we become a member?"

Please submit your signatures now. If you are accepted as a full member the signatures will automatically transfer over. I, on behalf of Greenland, would personally like to be the first to welcome you into the Confederation of Arctic Nations and working alongside your nation.

[b]PUBLIC[/b]

The Confederation of Arctic Nations is proud to announce that Gregory Matavice, of Quebec, has been elected as the first Secretary General of the organization.

[quote name='Californian' timestamp='1311537832' post='2762901']
Please submit your signatures now. If you are accepted as a full member the signatures will automatically transfer over. I, on behalf of Greenland, would personally like to be the first to welcome you into the Confederation of Arctic Nations and working alongside your nation.
[/quote]

"Of course, I've sent a request for the signature to President Dominic. I've sent him a copy of the document, when the time comes, do what you would do to transfer. So, here's his signature"

[code]Signed,
President of the Republic of Newfoundland- Dominic Andrew Johnson
Foreign minister- Harley Kokoro[/code]

Edited by Shadow hawk

[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/688/datf.jpg/][IMG]http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/7669/datf.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Several provinces of the CAN protectorate in Canada have united under a common banner seeking independence from the CAN to form their own independent nation. The de facto leader of this independence movement, Rob Halford, representative of the wishes of the people in these territories, along with fellow officers of the independence faction Ian Kilmister and Antony Iommi, wishes to meet with representatives of the CAN to discuss the separation of these provinces from the CAN as one single, independent nation.

Edited by dotCom