Confederation of Arctic Nations

Californian

A message was sent to the headquarters of the Confederation of the Arctic Nations.

[quote]To: The countries of the Confederation of Arctic Nations and their representatives.
From: Isabelle et Violaine, Executive Director of the Northern Federation.

Fellow Arctic Leaders and Representatives,

As you are undoubtedly aware, the first elections to take place in the Northern Federation recently ended and the people have selected me to guide and represent their nation in its first years as an independent, sovereign country.

As such I consider it of high priority for the Northern Federation to reach out to the world, especially to local nations with whom we share the Arctics, and with whom we maintain a sense of kinsmanship after many years of remaining under your guidance and leadership. I am therefore applying for my nation to be accepted once more into the Confederation of Arctic Nations, now as an active participant in local Arctic and global politics, and hopefully to help introduce an age of prosperity and success for both the Northern Federation and for the CAN.

Cordially,

Isabelle et Violaine, Executive Director of the Northern Federation[/quote]

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately, the government of the Kingdom of Manitoba has collapsed and is no more. As such Manitoba has been removed from all Resolutions currently being voted on and its membership has been revoked until such time that a government is reformed and reapplies for membership.

With this, Resolutions IV, V, and VI pass. Norway has entered its one year trial phase as an observer state, Slavorussia is now an observer state in the C.A.N. and the organization's charter has been updated to reflect the passed amendment. Norway and Slavorussia are asked to appoint a permanent representative to the C.A.N. headquarters in Quebec and provide the appropriate signatures to be added to the charter.

In response to the USRS, membership in the CAN has numerous economic and military benefits. In terms of military, full membership gives you mutual-defense protection with all current members, which at this point in time includes Greenland, Quebec, Noveria, Newfoundland, and Blue Heaven, with Norway and possibly the Northern Federation eligible in the near future. This is in addition to the non-aggression pact between all member and observer states. Member states also have annual war games. Finally, speaking on behalf of Greenland, member nation are welcome to maintain a military presence on Greenland bases around the globe, and are welcome to use facilities in the South Atlantic as well as access to Greenlandic military technology.

Economically, being a member of the CAN gives you increased access to markets in the Arctic through political cooperation with the other states. Member states are free to set the level of economic participation they wish to have in the CAN due to the multitude of different economic systems, however Greenland allows member states access to Greenland waters and is open to agreements for setting little to no tariffs.

[b]PRIVATE

Resolution VII. Admission of the Northern Federation for Membership[/b]
Yea: Greenland
Nay:
Abstain:
To Vote: Noveria, Blue Heaven, Newfoundland, Quebec

"We thank the members of the C.A.N. for welcoming us. Our reprisentative will be Loki Normanssen."

[quote]
[b]Signed for the Kingdom of Norway[/b]

[img]http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac292/aggressivenutmeg/king-1.png[/img]
Haakon VIII Magnusson Yngling, King of Norway

[img]http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac292/aggressivenutmeg/primeminister-sig.png[/img]
Steffen Ovesen, Statsminister of Norway
[/quote]

• 2 months later...

[code]
TO: Confederation of Arctic Nations
SUBJ: Membership
DATE: 11/26/11

The Federation of Arctic Regions would like to apply as a full member of the Confederation of Arctic Nations.[/code]

[b]Official Dispatch to the Confederation of Arctic Nations[/b]

"Sweden would like to apply for an observer status to the Confederation of Arctic Nation, given our similar geographic areas of interest."

[i]Christian Nyquist
Minister of International Affairs and Trade
Leading Foreign Representative of the Swedish Parliament[/i]