Let's celebrate

kongland

For the first time, TE membership is below 1000.
Considering those dwindling numbers, even small alliances are looking not so small anymore.

I see the time coming, when any alliance, which has more than 20 members, would be considered huge :)

Let's drink to this!

[quote name='kongland' timestamp='1308824213' post='2739266']
For the first time, TE membership is below 1000.
Considering those dwindling numbers, even small alliances are looking not so small anymore.

I see the time coming, when any alliance, which has more than 20 members, would be considered huge :)

Let's drink to this!
[/quote]
It might pick up a little more.

I think the AA's are small because they cant recruit :smug::lol1:

[quote name='Stelios' timestamp='1308830471' post='2739299']
It might pick up a little more.

I think the AA's are small because they cant recruit :smug::lol1:
[/quote]

In this case, could we borrow your recruiting expert? To teach us how to do it. Would appreciate it very much.

[quote name='kongland' timestamp='1308832229' post='2739304']
In this case, could we borrow your recruiting expert? To teach us how to do it. Would appreciate it very much.
[/quote]
Nope those are Roman sekrits :P

Les and I were both mass recruiting for the first couple days, and we ended up sending two recruitment messages to almost every nation that ever flew the flag of unaffiliation :ph34r:

[quote name='MrMuz' timestamp='1308841524' post='2739362']
I blame Confusion and his puppets leaving (and PS's puppets too).
[/quote]

PS hasn't nor ever will have puppets. We might divide OUR forces from time to time (see: Nordic Ballers round where I was in whatever the hell we called our flag AA that got rogued twice), but they're all PS :).

And this is bad news...why are we celebrating?

[quote name='Cellardoor' timestamp='1308845098' post='2739391']
PS hasn't nor ever will have puppets. We might divide OUR forces from time to time (see: Nordic Ballers round where I was in whatever the hell we called our flag AA that got rogued twice), but they're all PS :).

And this is bad news...why are we celebrating?
[/quote]

for the same reason the japanese celebrate heartbreaks. :smug:

[quote name='sarasate' timestamp='1308847007' post='2739407']
for the same reason the japanese celebrate heartbreaks. :smug:
[/quote]

Yeah...still lost unfortunately.

[quote name='Cellardoor' timestamp='1308847195' post='2739411']
Yeah...still lost unfortunately.[/quote]
That's why it's a heartbreak after all. Thus, the inane backwards reasoning that people losing interest in TE is somehow worth celebrating. Well, no, I don't think so. I can find nothing worth celebrating there. I'm still hoping the regression is just a temp burn out and more nations from last round will re-join as the round goes along, but it's a desperate hope at best. It used to be that SE alliances often used TE for military practice and training, and I was also hoping that the new TE would be more attractive for that reason, and bring in more nations. Alas, that doesn't seem to be happening either.

Well when you get rogued inside of a week of the round by *someone's* multis I could see why people wouldn't join the game. Glad I'm not the only one not celebrating though I guess?

TE is rather poor for military training. It means you make a few less mistakes in SE, I suppose, but a noob bringing their whole "don't buy lvl 9 planes" experience into SE will get rather screwed. It's a similar game, played differently.

Let's hope those new blocs decide to start a TE alliance. Or heck, bring back some of the old ones, like Superfriends, Gay Rollers, Duckroll, BFF. At least Fark is still keeping a few people strong in TE.

[quote name='MrMuz' timestamp='1308864514' post='2739618']
TE is rather poor for military training. It means you make a few less mistakes in SE, I suppose, but a noob bringing their whole "don't buy lvl 9 planes" experience into SE will get rather screwed. It's a similar game, played differently.

Let's hope those new blocs decide to start a TE alliance. Or heck, bring back some of the old ones, like Superfriends, Gay Rollers, Duckroll, BFF. At least Fark is still keeping a few people strong in TE.
[/quote]
3 of the four you mentioned left very recently. SF i remember. They had good nations and good wars

I think it might be due to newer alliances joining in thus taking the members from other alliances. The reality is, the more alliances there are, the shorter members each alliance will have. So maybe some day having 20 members will actually be considered a lot. I hope not though.

Oh guys,guys...
All my sarcasm was lost, as I see. What would you expect: another "BOO-HOO - we all gonna die" post?

By the look at the numbers one would think the world population is in decline and kids stopped growing up alltogether.

Btw, I've asked 3 people randomly, who are playing online strategy games and not even one has heard about this game.

kong is leaving the building..

I understand why you would celebrate, because their is a lot less people that want to destroy you ! But dont worry I am still here so watch your back ! As soon as I get the go ahead the CITIDEL is history. "OH YEAH I FORGOT ONE OF THESE" :P

[quote name='kongland' timestamp='1308899913' post='2740257']
Btw, I've asked 3 people randomly, who are playing online strategy games and not even one has heard about this game.
[/quote]

:P its because whenever someone tries anything "strategic" a !@#$ storm of crying starts

I don't quite care that much about TE dying. What I do care is that it's harder for my allies to get in top 5%. So, please, if you have friends, get them to sign up and make noob meatshield nations so my friends don't have to buy a MP :P

Edited by MrMuz

[quote name='MrMuz' timestamp='1309028004' post='2741235']
I don't quite care that much about TE dying. What I do care is that it's harder for my allies to get in top 5%. So, please, if you have friends, get them to sign up and make noob meatshield nations so my friends don't have to buy a MP :P
[/quote]

Your friends should be okay as long as you are around to block their slots.

6/13/2011 10:03:35 PM "Pork" [Team: Blue] Shimanyan Ruler: Imperial General Muz Rohirrim [Team: Blue] Synthesis Ruler: Polymerase Rohirrim Currently Fighting
6/13/2011 10:03:26 PM "Pork" [Team: Blue] Shimanyan Ruler: Imperial General Muz Rohirrim [Team: Blue] Kaiba Corp Ruler: Seto Kaiba Rohirrim Currently Fighting
6/13/2011 10:03:13 PM "Shrimp" [Team: Blue] Shimanyan Ruler: Imperial General Muz Rohirrim [Team: Blue] Sanctuary Ruler:
Priest Rohirrim Currently Fighting

Edited by antikato

Trying to figure out how to decipher what that last message is about. Looking at alliance names in a vacuum at the end of a round during the roguefest isn't a great way to go. People join and flip alliances so quickly and ghost with impunity.