The New Irish Gala

Sargun II

[center] [img]http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs30/f/2009/255/1/2/Blackrock_Castle_by_jgalvin.jpg[/img]

The Taoiseach Aoife Ó Cuinneagáin has formally opened the gates of Blackrock Castle on the banks of the River Lee in Cork City to the visiting dignitaries and Irish upper class. The Castle, which hosts an observatory that will be open to the Taoiseach and her guests only, will be the site of the New Irish Gala. The Taoiseach would personally attempt to greet as many guests as possible.

[[OOC: Despite the celebration lasting a month, time here is frozen. Anything out of this thread stays outside. Nobody can die or be mortally wounded here, though feel free to have drunken barfights :3]]
[/center]

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brigadier General Baldrick would be representing the UK at the gala aswell as several other officers of lower or equal rank from the Royal Irish Guards Corps that was still based in Ireland for the next year. He headed straight to the bar and got himself a drink.

The Cascadian jet touched down at Kerry International Airport the night before the party started. From there, they drove to a hotel in Cork, and drove to the castle in the morning. Both Straden and Bogart had formal dress, while Chris looked a bit awkward with his tuxedo.

Leopold's whiskey and soda were delivered after a short wait.

[quote name='dotCom' timestamp='1307571060' post='2727312']
General Jhudiel would arrive, representing Eastern France as the Speaker of the Tribunal; accompanying him as well would be Colonel Josef van Buuren, one of the senior Tribunes.
[/quote]
The Taoiseach, not expecting the USI or British or Svalbard representatives to be there so fast, was about four minutes late but came in time to meet General Jhudiel and Colonel van Buuren. "It's great to see some neighbours in your own backyard," she said with an extended hand. "I welcome you to Ireland!"

[quote name='Vince Sixx' timestamp='1307572976' post='2727337']
The Cascadian jet touched down at Kerry International Airport the night before the party started. From there, they drove to a hotel in Cork, and drove to the castle in the morning. Both Straden and Bogart had formal dress, while Chris looked a bit awkward with his tuxedo.
[/quote]
Aoife noticed the Cascadian guests just behind the Eastern French guests, and turned to them. "Dia duit!" she greeted the two of them warmly, but her smile was primarily to President Straden and she extended her hand to him first.

Edited by Sargun

[quote name='Sargun' timestamp='1307574166' post='2727351']
The Taoiseach, not expecting the USI or British or Svalbard representatives to be there so fast, was about four minutes late but came in time to meet General Jhudiel and Colonel van Buuren. "It's great to see some neighbours in your own backyard," she said with an extended hand. "I welcome you to Ireland!"
[/quote]
Both the Tribunes were outfitted in ceremonial military attire, with both wearing the shoulder badge that marked them to be members of the Eastern French Tribunal. As the Taoiseach appeared to greet them, extending a hand in greeting, both Tribunes moved forward--first Jhudiel, and then van Buuren--to shake the Taoiseach's hand, bowing their heads as well as they did so. "It is an honour indeed to be allowed to visit your nation and admire the beauty of Blackrock Castle," General Jhudiel remarked as he shook the Taoiseach's hand.

Director of the Vanguard Frontino Sopuluchukwu and General of the Army Thomas Garnier, paired with a single Overwatch Officer (unarmed except for his steel-backed fists) quietly made their way into the castle. As Frontino headed immediately to the bar, General Garnier lingered. He was basically alone, as the Overwatch Officer placed the Director's life more valuable over his.

[quote name='dotCom' timestamp='1307576075' post='2727368']
Both the Tribunes were outfitted in ceremonial military attire, with both wearing the shoulder badge that marked them to be members of the Eastern French Tribunal. As the Taoiseach appeared to greet them, extending a hand in greeting, both Tribunes moved forward--first Jhudiel, and then van Buuren--to shake the Taoiseach's hand, bowing their heads as well as they did so. "It is an honour indeed to be allowed to visit your nation and admire the beauty of Blackrock Castle," General Jhudiel remarked as he shook the Taoiseach's hand.
[/quote]
"If it's an honour then you're welcome to replicate it across the Isle over the course of the next month. I've always wanted to visit France, you know. Maybe I can return the favour," she said as she shook General Jhudiel's hand.

[quote name='Markus Wilding' timestamp='1307577277' post='2727384']
Director of the Vanguard Frontino Sopuluchukwu and General of the Army Thomas Garnier, paired with a single Overwatch Officer (unarmed except for his steel-backed fists) quietly made their way into the castle. As Frontino headed immediately to the bar, General Garnier lingered. He was basically alone, as the Overwatch Officer placed the Director's life more valuable over his.
[/quote]
As Director Sopuluchukwu headed straight to the bar, the Taoiseach offered her hand to General Garnier. "I hope you don't get too many shampoo jokes," she introduced herself.

[quote name='PresidentDavid' timestamp='1307581469' post='2727433']
David stood and shook the Taoiseach's hand. "Thank you for welcoming me!" He was overjoyed and so happy to be in Ireland.
[/quote]
The Taoiseach shook David's hand and leaned over. "There are far too many people here, perhaps we can talk in the Observatory when I'm done?"

[quote name='Sargun' timestamp='1307582128' post='2727440']
"If it's an honour then you're welcome to replicate it across the Isle over the course of the next month. I've always wanted to visit France, you know. Maybe I can return the favour," she said as she shook General Jhudiel's hand.
[/quote]
"You are welcome to visit Eastern France, by all means," Jhudiel replied. "I can see that you are quite busy here at the moment, however, so we will not take up any more of your time. It was a pleasure and an honour to meet you, Taoiseach Ó Cuinneagáin." After bidding the Taoiseach respect and farewell, the two Tribunes followed the lead of many other visitors and entered the bar, seating themselves there and conversing in undertones with one another in French.

[quote name='Sargun' timestamp='1307574166' post='2727351']
Aoife noticed the Cascadian guests just behind the Eastern French guests, and turned to them. "Dia duit!" she greeted the two of them warmly, but her smile was primarily to President Straden and she extended her hand to him first.
[/quote]

President Straden shook her hand and bowed slightly. "Lovely party you have here. It's a pleasure to meet you An Taoiseach."

OOC: Heh, it must bring back memories for Croix, seeing he used to control Ireland as a Louisianan colony, eh? :P

IC:

After a long flight (due to the sheer distance between Ursalia and Ireland), the Imperator and Grand Vizier arrived at the gala. They were dressed in a fairly simple suit, although it was designed in the Imperial style.

Once they arrived, they greeted the Taoiseach warmly. "It is an honor to meet with you." The Imperator greeted, and the Grand Vizier did the same.

[quote name='Sargun' timestamp='1307582128' post='2727440']
As Director Sopuluchukwu headed straight to the bar, the Taoiseach offered her hand to General Garnier. "I hope you don't get too many shampoo jokes," she introduced herself.
[/quote]
Garnier shook the Taoiseach's hand and smiled, "If I do, my officers have the good grace not to mention them to me." Seeing the Taoiseach had turned her attention away, Gernier began walking about to mingle.

[quote name='Vince Sixx' timestamp='1307585610' post='2727505']
President Straden shook her hand and bowed slightly. "Lovely party you have here. It's a pleasure to meet you An Taoiseach."
[/quote]
"The pleasure is mine." She returned the bow with the slightest of a curtsy and leaned forward. "I'm inviting certain guests to the Observatory after the main of the party is done; I'm hoping you would come too."
[[OOC: damn lock! D:]]

[quote name='Yawoo' timestamp='1307587146' post='2727530']
Chancellor Croix would take some time getting to Ireland due to the long distance between Texas and Europe. Once arriving, he would warmly greet his host with all the Texan charm he could muster.
[/quote]
[quote name='JEDCJT' timestamp='1307597477' post='2727677']
After a long flight (due to the sheer distance between Ursalia and Ireland), the Imperator and Grand Vizier arrived at the gala. They were dressed in a fairly simple suit, although it was designed in the Imperial style.
Once they arrived, they greeted the Taoiseach warmly. "It is an honor to meet with you." The Imperator greeted, and the Grand Vizier did the same.
[/quote]
As the two North American contingents arrived at the same time, the Taoiseach spread her arms wide. "Dia duit! Welcome to the New Irish Gala!" After that, she greeted each man individually and gave them the same invitation as before: "Select dignitaries are being invited to the Observatory after a time; I would be glad if you all would join us."

[quote name='Sargun' timestamp='1307632972' post='2727895']
"The pleasure is mine." She returned the bow with the slightest of a curtsy and leaned forward. "I'm inviting certain guests to the Observatory after the main of the party is done; I'm hoping you would come too."
[[OOC: damn lock! D:]][/quote]

OOC: Doesn't start until tomorrow, so I can still make a few posts.

"I would love to join you all. I'm sure our Viceroy can entertain himself with the..." Frederick looked to his left where Chris was standing, and saw that Chris had ventured off to the food table, "...refreshments."

[i]"Select dignitaries are being invited to the Observatory after a time; I would be glad if you all would join us." [/i]

Chancellor Croix's eyes sparkled as he accepted the invitation. How Croix loved to be apart of the elite.

[quote name='Sargun' timestamp='1307632972' post='2727895']
As the two North American contingents arrived at the same time, the Taoiseach spread her arms wide. "Dia duit! Welcome to the New Irish Gala!" After that, she greeted each man individually and gave them the same invitation as before: "Select dignitaries are being invited to the Observatory after a time; I would be glad if you all would join us."
[/quote]

Norton and Christopher grinned as they accepted the Taoiseach's invitation. They felt honored.