The New Irish Gala

Sargun II

[quote name='Pravus Ingruo' timestamp='1308057404' post='2731098']
"Titles must be earned, Taoiseach." Thomas shook her hand, smiling back. "It's quite an honor to have one such as that." He gestured with his head over towards Alice and Leonard. "The woman is my sister, Alice. She is the Commandant of our Air Forces, and quite possibly the best pilot in the world. Many have said our late father held that distinction, and she is every bit as good as, if not better than, he was in his prime. The other man is Dr. Leonard L. Church, head of R&D in the Empire and one of my most trusted advisers. Also, both of them need to get out more often." The last line was follow by a laugh of his own.

"I really must congratulate you Taoisech on your ascension and your independence. The Empire herself, particularly the states of New York and Massachusetts, have a long and proud Irish heritage themselves. I honestly never thought the English would let this island go." Thomas turned to look around for a moment before locking eyes with the new ruler again. "There are 30,000 Imperial troops stationed at our base in Scotland, should you ever need them, Taoisech."
[/quote]
"I honestly didn't either," she replied, her eyes flashing with a brief emotion that she had yet to experience in her many years of politics, "and thank you, Emperor. I speak on behalf of all the Irish when I say that we wish for our nations to grow much, much closer together." She placed her hand on his shoulder and turned her head to his sister. "I believe I know a pilot who could match your sister, but I'm afraid she won't be back in the homeland for another few months. I'm sure she'd have loved to meet the Commandant. W-"

She was interrupted by another, late guest...

[quote name='MarioPar' timestamp='1308080092' post='2731308']
Arriving EXTREMELY LATE, Emperor Mathesus landed at Knock International and made his way to the party. Apologizing for his lateness, due to the fact that the Prime Minister had spilled coffee on his first party outfit, he had to change into a second, that his pet lion had eaten to bits. The Emperor finally explained how after 53 outfits, he found one that was not ripped, eaten, teared, stained, or burned. The Emperor immediately started to linger with the guests until he found one man of interest to him, Vice Adm. Chennithala. "Excuse me sir, I don't mean to but in on your conversation, but I wanted to introduce myself. I am Mathesus Josepus Parentopoli, Emperor of the Near East." He bowed to the Vice Admiral. He also turned to Taoiseach and introduced himself their. "I also have some important talking I wish to do with you, sir, if you will."
[/quote]
"I'm only used to being called sir among a few people," she replied to Emperor Parentopoli. "I'd appreciate Taoiseach or ma'am, thank you, and I will be glad to speak with you some time soon." She smiled, albeit somewhat strained. She then turned back to another guest, this time from the USI.

[quote name='Axolotlia' timestamp='1308082398' post='2731343']
He graciously accepts the stupendous fluffy bunny.
[/quote]
It is outrageously fluffy. Truly, truly, truly outrageous.

[quote name='PresidentDavid' timestamp='1308113157' post='2731702']
Bearing his gift, David gave an [url="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_leoGYAeiH44/TM4qlHX1bBI/AAAAAAAAL50/Ce4W09fk-hw/s1600/texas-state-flag-wayne-wendel.jpg"]Islands flag[/url] with a diamond necklace inside the folds of it, "I don't have much to offer" David whispered, "but I hope this is a strong enough sign of respect that I can give to you."
[/quote]
She beamed at the flag but did not quite discover the necklace; the surprise would wait until later, when she would unfold it in privacy. "Thank you very much," she whispered back to David, and she gave him a firm hug.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Mogar' timestamp='1308115487' post='2731723']
"Not many care to venture to the harsh climate that makes up the majority of MoG[Corp] property, your hottest days here in Ireland are just regular weather for us, We were taught quite extensively about Tahoe amongst many other nations, my specialty was Modern African History, I enjoyed learning about the previous nations that controlled the property MoG[Corp] currently controls, Sarnungian Republic most notably."
[/quote]
"Really, now? I happen to know several people from the Republic government who are retired and would love to speak with a young lady such as yourself." The Admiral smiled as she turned to the other guest and chatted about bunnies. "Poor girl," he said to the Vice Admiral beside him, "I bet she's under a lot of stress."

[b]Austrian Imperial Guard Flight 202- Approaching the Irish Coast, Heading, which ever one that makes Zoot Complain the most without starting a war[/b]

"This is the Austrian Imperial Guard Flight 202 requesting permission to air drop the Austrian Legion Delegation on the Gala, I repeat this is the AIG- 202 requesting permission to air drop the Austrian Legion Delegation on the Gala. They will be doing a HAHO drop with special pyrotechnic packages, nothing too dramatic, but maybe an ambulance on the ground might be a good idea," the pilot of the Austian Legion C-130 requests.

In the back Denard, Dellion, and the entire 3rd Special Operations Group are dressed in tight black jumpsuits, special flares attached to their legs, and huge parachutes strapped to their bodies. Dellion says, "I don't know if this such a good idea Bob."

"Why not, we left all our guns back in Austria."

"Dude, I haven't jumped out of a plane in years."

"Man, just hold onto the guy next to you, the 3rd SOG is one of the best in the business," Denard snorts.

"Welllllll, ok...," mutters Dellion hesitantly.

Miss Mizuki nuzzles the bunny, handing it back before hugging Mr Muta, not a traditional diplomatic move, but considering the close relation MoG[Corp] shared with PRA, she doubted it would make much of a difference, after embracing the gentlemen, she began some normal chitchat, secretly plotting to steal the rabbit, already named Mr. Fluffers she decided.
[/quote]

While slightly put aback by the move, Muta takes the rabbit back and continues to talk to those around him. While indeed very outrageously fluffy, Muta was not keenly attached to the rabbit, rather only intrigued at its fluffiness.

[quote name='Sargun' timestamp='1308115513' post='2731724']
It is outrageously fluffy. Truly, truly, truly outrageous.
[/quote]

This could be noted from the PRA's newest satellites (OoC: :smug: also not to be taken literally)

Edited by Axolotlia

[b]AIG-202[/b]

"Gents, on the green light you are go," the crusty jumpmaster who has been on nearly every single one of the Legion's operational parachute deployments screams.

Denard waddles his way to the ramp, followed by Dellion, followed by Major General Charles White, followed by the 83 men of the 3rd Special Operations Group. Each and every one of them are unarmed, this information is transmitted to the Irish Air Traffic Controllers to ensure everyone that shennanigans were not afoot. "This is gonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa suck!" screams Dellion as he and Denard hurl themselves out the door on the green light.

Behind them the rest of the men stream their way out into Irish airspace at some insanely high altitude. The descending paratroopers quickly form themselves into into a remarkable facsimile of the Irish Flag that hurtles its way towards the earth as their leg flares make out the different colors of the flag. The best though is yet to come as they hold formation for roughly fifteen thousand feet of descent.

The men pop their chutes and supplemental packages deploy from their other legs. These descending flares fall to the earth resembling comets and meteors as they burn their way downwards. Denard screams and giggles his entire way to the dropzone, which is a open field near the gala as Dellion takes a very different approach as he remains grimly silent with his teeth clenched the entire way. Major General Charles White on the other hand takes to singing, "When the Eyes of Texas are Upon you..." all the live long way down.

Everyone in the MoG[Corp] Delegation proceeded to freak the $%&@ out as the fireworks went off, Akemi jumping into the Irish Admiral's arms, Caitlin Mizuki jumped up against Minister Mufa, with Siobahn jumping against the Cochin Admiral, Carey Tomiko was standing at the bar, jumping into Nathan Campbell's arms, making sure to keep the kitten safe and cuddling against it as she feared for her life, thinking bombs were dropping upon them all.

[quote name='Sargun' timestamp='1308039245' post='2731039']
"Perhaps land exchange was a poor term - a base swap, if you will. We're eager to expand our presence and I'm sure your people would welcome an Atlantic base with less... liability than the United States of the Islands offers up."
[/quote]

"United States of the Islands have proven themselves to be worthy allies of the Kingdom. However we are also interested in improving relations with all major European nations, amongst which Ireland would also figure strongly. While we are currently satisfied with our base in Barra I presume the Kingdom would not be opposed to a base exchange with Ireland with of course a Cochin base in Ireland, an option we could avail in the future."

Then as he watched the sky divers jumping in formation, "Well, well!! A live leprechaun show? Well done, Admiral O'Halloran! So who are these lunatics?" He also looked askance at the Mog[Corp]'s band of ditzy girls making a complete fool of themselves and also livening up the party.

[quote name='Tidy Bowl Man' timestamp='1308118753' post='2731745']
The men pop their chutes and supplemental packages deploy from their other legs. These descending flares fall to the earth resembling comets and meteors as they burn their way downwards. Denard screams and giggles his entire way to the dropzone, which is a open field near the gala as Dellion takes a very different approach as he remains grimly silent with his teeth clenched the entire way. Major General Charles White on the other hand takes to singing, "When the Eyes of Texas are Upon you..." all the live long way down.
[/quote]
The skylights around the castle would highlight the flares while the Taoiseach smiled. Whoever was trying to get on her nerves in the Aerial Corps would be promoted for sheer cheek. She turned to the Emperor from Pravus Ingruo and grinned. "Enjoy the show?"

[quote name='Mogar' timestamp='1308123381' post='2731772']
Everyone in the MoG[Corp] Delegation proceeded to freak the $%&@ out as the fireworks went off, Akemi jumping into the Irish Admiral's arms, Caitlin Mizuki jumped up against Minister Mufa, with Siobahn jumping against the Cochin Admiral, Carey Tomiko was standing at the bar, jumping into Nathan Campbell's arms, making sure to keep the kitten safe and cuddling against it as she feared for her life, thinking bombs were dropping upon them all.
[/quote]
Admiral O'Halloran caught Akemi almost subconsciously and patted her on the back. Whatever drugs she was on probably made the sudden fireworks much, much worse.

[quote name='king of cochin' timestamp='1308133398' post='2731806']
"United States of the Islands have proven themselves to be worthy allies of the Kingdom. However we are also interested in improving relations with all major European nations, amongst which Ireland would also figure strongly. While we are currently satisfied with our base in Barra I presume the Kingdom would not be opposed to a base exchange with Ireland with of course a Cochin base in Ireland, an option we could avail in the future."

Then as he watched the sky divers jumping in formation, "Well, well!! A live leprechaun show? Well done, Admiral O'Halloran! So who are these lunatics?" He also looked askance at the Mog[Corp]'s band of ditzy girls making a complete fool of themselves and also livening up the party.
[/quote]
"I'm afraid I got a late invitation, I know very little about what's happening tonight, Vice Admiral," he responded with the girl still in his arms. "I'm glad to know that the Cochin are open to future options - you are a far smarter people than I initially hoped."

"Not many care to venture to the harsh climate that makes up the majority of MoG[Corp] property, your hottest days here in Ireland are just regular weather for us, We were taught quite extensively about Tahoe amongst many other nations, my specialty was Modern African History, I enjoyed learning about the previous nations that controlled the property MoG[Corp] currently controls, Sarnungian Republic most notably, I enjoy history because you will be doomed to repeat the mistakes of the past if you do not study it, and in a world like ours it's important to have as much information as you can get about the mistakes of the past, I learned much from the stories about Neo Japan and their atrocities in Asia, removing Han Chinese in Manchuria on the pretext of "returning them to their home", colonization of China, repeated attempts to genocide the Kyokujitsujins, among others, the list goes on and on. From what I have seen at least, your nation appears to be one of a noble people, and MoG[Corp] prefers our friends to be those who are just and over those who wish to commit crimes against their own people. MoG[Corp] also has many subcultures, we have more spoken languages than I could even count, as long as you are willing to learn English to communicate for business, we don't mind you keeping whatever language you wish to speak."

Miss Mizuki nuzzles the bunny, handing it back before hugging Mr Muta, not a traditional diplomatic move, but considering the close relation MoG[Corp] shared with PRA, she doubted it would make much of a difference, after embracing the gentlemen, she began some normal chitchat, secretly plotting to steal the rabbit, already named Mr. Fluffers she decided.
[/quote]

Jia walked up amused. "You hear too delusional propaganda." Jia said interrupting the conversation. "The DKT WAS in fact the genocidal regime. The Neo Japanese were a trouble early on, but the PLA beat them into common sense. The DKT on the other hand was very different. They menaced the entire region. The DKT populations never were attempted to be genocided, the efforts were focused on the destruction of their political elite which were radical religious nuts who in fact bombed the Chinese Supreme Court.

If that is what your professors are teaching you, you should come study in the Federation, whose history is from people who made the history of Asia."

Denard touches down with all the grace of a horny rhino. Behind him Dellion crashes to the earth with a yelp. The more practices Major General Charles White manages a proper paratrooper landing fall and quickly attends to folding up his chute. The rest of the 3rd Special Operations Group quickly attends to their chores as well. One of the men rushes over to Denard and says, "Prefontaine broke his damn leg on landing sir."

"Christ on a crutch, alright, get it splinted and have him taken to a local hospital for x-rays and a cast. Pay in cash and be polite," Denard orders.

Dellion nods and says, "I'll handle it," as he walks over to a waiting Irish soldier and asks, "Dellion, Austrian Guard, pleased to meet you, one of our lads broke his leg on landing. Can we get a vehicle and a guide to the nearest hospital?"

Major General Charles White and Denard fold up their chutes, jumpsuits, and hand them to the 3rd SOG detail who are standing guard over the growing pile of Austrian Legion chutes and jumpsuits as the rest of the men quickly organize and stack their equipment as well. Once finished Denard, White, and 74 men of the 3rd SOG fall into ranks and march in formation towards the Gala with the serious intention to party like there is no tomorrow. Also they bear a special present that they hope the Irish Government will appreciate given the history of the Wild Geese and the African Legion.

[quote name='Tidy Bowl Man' timestamp='1308198688' post='2732258']
Dellion nods and says, "I'll handle it," as he walks over to a waiting Irish soldier and asks, "Dellion, Austrian Guard, pleased to meet you, one of our lads broke his leg on landing. Can we get a vehicle and a guide to the nearest hospital?"[/quote]
The man nodded and uttered some Gaelic into a microphone, and an ambulance soon showed up.
[quote name='Tidy Bowl Man' timestamp='1308198688' post='2732258']
Major General Charles White and Denard fold up their chutes, jumpsuits, and hand them to the 3rd SOG detail who are standing guard over the growing pile of Austrian Legion chutes and jumpsuits as the rest of the men quickly organize and stack their equipment as well. Once finished Denard, White, and 74 men of the 3rd SOG fall into ranks and march in formation towards the Gala with the serious intention to party like there is no tomorrow. Also they bear a special present that they hope the Irish Government will appreciate given the history of the Wild Geese and the African Legion.
[/quote]
After being cleared, the men were allowed into the Gala. The Taoiseach stepped forward with her arms wide, "The Austrian Guard! How I hoped to see someone from Austria, I didn't know we'd be getting such an entourage!"

[quote name='king of cochin' timestamp='1308133398' post='2731806']
He also looked askance at the Mog[Corp]'s band of ditzy girls making a complete fool of themselves and also livening up the party.
[/quote]
Siobahn clinged to him, not letting go until she heard the Taoiseach make her believe it was all part of the party.

[quote name='Sargun' timestamp='1308195833' post='2732228']
The skylights around the castle would highlight the flares while the Taoiseach smiled. Whoever was trying to get on her nerves in the Aerial Corps would be promoted for sheer cheek. She turned to the Emperor from Pravus Ingruo and grinned. "Enjoy the show?"

Admiral O'Halloran caught Akemi almost subconsciously and patted her on the back. Whatever drugs she was on probably made the sudden fireworks much, much worse.

"I'm afraid I got a late invitation, I know very little about what's happening tonight, Vice Admiral," he responded with the girl still in his arms. "I'm glad to know that the Cochin are open to future options - you are a far smarter people than I initially hoped."
[/quote]
Akemi clinged, after hearing the Taoiseach, she excused herself to the bar, where she got another whiskey and coke, rejoining the Admirals much more enthusiastic, able to calm herself down after embarrassing herself by jumping into the nearest persons arms at the sound of explosions overhead.

[quote name='Triyun' timestamp='1308197296' post='2732245']
Jia walked up amused. "You hear too delusional propaganda." Jia said interrupting the conversation. "The DKT WAS in fact the genocidal regime. The Neo Japanese were a trouble early on, but the PLA beat them into common sense. The DKT on the other hand was very different. They menaced the entire region. The DKT populations never were attempted to be genocided, the efforts were focused on the destruction of their political elite which were radical religious nuts who in fact bombed the Chinese Supreme Court.

If that is what your professors are teaching you, you should come study in the Federation, whose history is from people who made the history of Asia."
[/quote]
Akemi quickly retorted, not wanted to appear uneducated, "That was just one of my multiple professors opinions on Asian history since the great downfall(OOC: world history occurred until 2006, when CN was created, at least in my RP), MoG[Corp] greatly respects the People's Liberation Army's accomplishments since it's creation, the United Federation of the East's predecessor was, of course, a major ally to MoG[Corp] in our original incarnation, though MoG[Corp] was unable to secure property for itself for many years, after Mogar's unfortunate circumstances after the launch of our space program in MoG[Corp]'s original form, we quickly jumped at the chance of giving MoG[Corp] a new place to grow our unique culture to spread amongst the world, society needs a place as liberal as ours."
[quote]Dellion nods and says, "I'll handle it," as he walks over to a waiting Irish soldier and asks, "Dellion, Austrian Guard, pleased to meet you, one of our lads broke his leg on landing. Can we get a vehicle and a guide to the nearest hospital?"[/quote]
Caitlin Mizuki quickly sprinted outside upon realizing the sounds of bombs were fireworks, giving Prefontaine an Alert and 4 Soma® pills(OOC: about a tenth of a gram o cocaine, and 3x the regular doze of MDMA, amongst a few other drugs that would affect his system far less), making sure he was incredibly comfortable before any medical team took him

Edited by Mogar

Denard nods to Major General Charles White and says, "Sir, the Austrian Guard wishes to present to you a token of significant historical value. During the wild and heady days of the African Legion we opened our ranks to men from across the world. One of these men was a shriveled little runt of a man named Thomas Shamus O'Leary. We were all certain, still are certain, that this was a fake name on his part. However, Legion culture clearly states, you never ask more questions than you need to ask. So not one single one of us questioned him. One thing is clear though, Ol' O'Leary was an Irishman through and through. An Irishman turned Legionnaire in the best tradition of the Wild Geese of Ireland. O'Leary was awarded the Legion's highest award for meritorious service, posthumously of course. We present this award to your government as a token of our appreciation for the fine service of this gentleman in our ranks," as White steps forward and presents to the Taiosaech a case made of oak and lined with velvet that holds the Legion's Cross of Valor and the citation describing O'Leary's service within it.

"We only hope that one day O'Leary's family might be handed this medal, but due to a lack of details of his actual name we aren't holding our breath on that one. Instead we honor his memory by giving you his award," Denard says as he remembers the scrawny little runt who saved an entire platoon of men in the bloody killing fields of the Kickapoo valley.

In the ambulance Dellion watches a drugged out of his mind Prefontaine singing camping songs. Dellion looks over at the ambulance crew with a look on his face that indicates a total mystification as to what exactly is going on. None the less he says, "Might want to tie him down or something, no telling what the hell that young lady gave him."

Edited by Tidy Bowl Man

[quote]In the ambulance Dellion watches a drugged out of his mind Prefontaine singing camping songs. Dellion looks over at the ambulance crew with a look on his face that indicates a total mystification as to what exactly is going on. None the less he says, "Might want to tie him down or something, no telling what the hell that young lady gave him."[/quote]
"I made sure he felt good, he broke his leg, we dont want anyone to experience pain, that hurts, why not feel good even while in pain?"

[/quote]

"Most impressive, Taoiseach. Something you knew about beforehand?"

Away from the two leaders, Alice moved through the crowd with a grace and hid her rough demeanor in the air. Dr. Church made his way to the bar, ordering a stiff drink, and leaned against it. This was not his type of party.

[/quote]

"Quite interesting things you are hoping for Admiral," Ratheesh said with a smile. "I suppose the fact of Cochin survival despite the loss to obsolence of so many nations is evidence enough of that!"

[quote name='Tidy Bowl Man' timestamp='1308199587' post='2732269']
"We only hope that one day O'Leary's family might be handed this medal, but due to a lack of details of his actual name we aren't holding our breath on that one. Instead we honor his memory by giving you his award," Denard says as he remembers the scrawny little runt who saved an entire platoon of men in the bloody killing fields of the Kickapoo valley.
[/quote]
The Taoiseach repeated her admonition, "I'd appreciate not being called 'sir'," she said lightly. "I'll try to find O'Leary's family and give him the medal. This is a great honour fore him, his memory, and for all of Ireland." She handed the medal and its box off to another attendant, who rushed to secure it in another one of the castle's rooms. "It will not be taken lightly."

[quote name='Pravus Ingruo' timestamp='1308228092' post='2732371']
"Most impressive, Taoiseach. Something you knew about beforehand?"
[/quote]
"Of course not, Emperor - but they were approved by the right people beforehand," she said as she returned.

[quote name='king of cochin' timestamp='1308245859' post='2732512']
"Quite interesting things you are hoping for Admiral," Ratheesh said with a smile. "I suppose the fact of Cochin survival despite the loss to obsolence of so many nations is evidence enough of that!"
[/quote]
"Smarts and survival aren't necessarily the same thing!"

"Indeed." Jia said cocking an eyebrow at the girl, "Perhaps you should then attend Beida instead." he suggested before walking over to the Taoiseach. "Taoiseach, on behalf of the United Federation of the East thank you for inviting us. It is good to see Ireland free once more."