1, 2, 3, 4, 5 - LoSS is Growing Up

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1301695068' post='2682465']
Great attempt at a deflection, but I see you can't think of anything they've done in the last five years either.
[/quote]

By your definition of greatness, I presume. I see them as having been steadfast allies in many wars, surviving many attempts to take them out of existence, helped found quite a few spinoff alliances, being rather effective diplomats, and now creating their own power bloc.

Personally, I see the last point as the reason you are here doing your thing. You are trying to disparage a new rival power bloc. One that doesn't conveniently fit into the classic us-versus-them the current war is based on. They aren't in the Pacifican sphere, but they aren't your allies either. A group you cannot conveniently leash due to treaties or attack because they are your age old enemies. A wild card you have to watch grow and you cannot do much about while you struggle with the Pacifican threat. They grow unchecked and that bothers you.

Worse is they have ties of friendship that they have cultivated all across Bob. Former members of LoSS/Synergy are all across Bob now and most retain positive feelings for their old crews. Also people without past membership look upon them benignly and wish them well. You speak of no achievement and yet here is a growing power bloc that has no real enemies because they didn't make a habit of pissing people off. They are on the verge of their greatest achievement and I think that concerns you because you are powerless to stop it. Soon you may have to treat them as power equals and have little leverage against them to maintain your former dominance because you cannot rally enough haters to make a difference.

You are concerned about a group that can soon say no to you and back it up.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1301702305' post='2682532']
Well, now we're talking! LoSS organised the pink sphere and their active membership left to go on to bigger and brighter things. Fine achievements.
[/quote]

You have completely ignored what I'm saying - that 5 years of interactions with friends and enemies, regardless of whether or not LoSS has been top dog, means they are of have been interesting for plenty of players. It's just not interesting for you.

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1301702305' post='2682532']
Well, now we're talking! LoSS organised the pink sphere and their active membership left to go on to bigger and brighter things. Fine achievements.
[/quote]
who are you??

well done LoSS! survived through some harsh terms, been through some shame but made up for it, you guys done well, hope the best for your future :awesome:

o/ LUE
o/ LoSS
o/ NAAC

Edited by Amossio

Congrats on turning 5, LoSS. It only seems like yesterday when we were a wee little alliance trying to get its footing...

Out of all the time I've spent playing this game, perhaps my most regrettable decision was leaving LoSS after Second Polar.

Good luck, and godspeed.

Clever retort, Banksy. Yet your robust effort here betrays you. If LoSS was so off your radar you wouldn't be bothered with trashing a simple vanity thread.

Yet here you are going hard at a group you swear you is of no consequence.

[quote name='+Zeke+' timestamp='1301728004' post='2682778']
Clever retort, Banksy. Yet your robust effort here betrays you. If LoSS was so off your radar you wouldn't be bothered with trashing a simple vanity thread.

Yet here you are going hard at a group you swear you is of no consequence.
[/quote]
My robust effort? Until this post I don't think i've even written 100 words. No, i'm just commenting on the fact LoSS have literally never done anything of significance, and judging by the replies, no one can say anything to counter this. If LoSS had done anything of consequence, someone would have given a substantive list of achievements that somehow I, and the rest of CN had overlooked. Instead, i've been told some decent people left the alliance, they organised the Pink Sphere four years ago and they're a member of a bloc who, rather than being swallowed up in insignificance, is about to become a major political player (xfd).

But please do continue your rant about my posting representing some conspiracy to smear LoSS and prevent them from attaining their ~huge political clout~ as i'm sure you'll give D34th a good run for his money in the next round of the WPE.

So congratulations LoSS, on ... existing.

Personally, I find all of this banter about LoSS in their birthday thread to be rather distasteful. Surely all of this can be continued in a private message? Leave the irrelevant crap out of a otherwise nice thread. Seriously. It's not very diplomatic. Whether or not those here are diplomats or not, is entirely not the point.

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1301734181' post='2682798']....and judging by the replies, no one can say anything to counter this.[/quote]
As has been said numerous times already they likely don't wish to crawl into the mud with you and would prefer to celebrate their birthday instead.

If you think I'm responding because of some contest then you have no clue about my nature.

[quote name='ImperialCubanacan' timestamp='1301736485' post='2682808']Personally, I find all of this banter about LoSS in their birthday thread to be rather distasteful. Surely all of this can be continued in a private message? Leave the irrelevant crap out of a otherwise nice thread. Seriously. It's not very diplomatic. Whether or not those here are diplomats or not, is entirely not the point.[/quote]
I'll take my share of the blame for this, though it wasn't my intent. I too found it distasteful that someone would come in and disparage a simple birthday thread and felt that offender needed to be called out for his complete lack of tact.

I've made my point, several times actually. Banksy just wishes to keep spewing because it amuses him to deny a group the basic joy of a birthday. I'm going to quit feeding the troll now and leave it to LoSS as to whether they choose to respond to Banksy.