1, 2, 3, 4, 5 - LoSS is Growing Up

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1301650110' post='2682077']
Sadly, I do. Which makes things even worse.
[/quote]

Really? [i]Really?[/i] There's no need to be obstinate, LoSS have done plenty over the years, and in doing so that has probably stopped them from ever really cresting the top.

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1301632643' post='2681931']
I can't even think of 5 things you've done tbh.
[/quote]

Funny, considering your own founding leadership was once a leader and exceptionally close ally of/in LOSS. However if your that interested why dont you take the time to read the most in depth alliance history in all of CN, im sure you'll find more than 5 things there. [url="http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/History_of_the_League_of_Small_Superpowers"]LOSS History[/url]

Moving on swiftly from the ignorant.

Many of you old timers know me and i know that many of us have had our differences in the past, either way im glad to see your all still here 4-5 years on, history built a bond between us all, be it good or bad, i still respect you.

LOSS has had a bumpy path the past 5 years but im glad to see were still going strong, and possibly stronger than ever with an exceptional government, hats off to you guys. Im sure many of you would of waged a bet 4 years ago that LOSS would never make it to 3 years let alone 5. Weve dodged some bullets in our time however weve turned out to be a strong alliance teaming with activity with some solid allies and members willing to put their alliance before themselves. We've made history in CN along with so many other alliances a story which cannot be typed in words.

Im proud to see what LOSS has become, onwards to being part of the future history of CN.

[quote name='Laslo Kenez' timestamp='1301653086' post='2682090']
Really? [i]Really?[/i] There's no need to be obstinate, LoSS have done plenty over the years, and in doing so that has probably stopped them from ever really cresting the top.
[/quote]
Well yes, i'm sure they existed. They probably had elections, signed treaties, got new nations to join. But most alliances manage to do this within their first week of existence. LoSS has been with us, apparently, for five years (although it's very easy to miss this) and hasn't demonstrated an ability to do anything of interest aside from "was a junior partner in a coalition with two dynamic alliances four years ago."

[quote name='Drugsup' timestamp='1301674445' post='2682216']
Funny, considering your own founding leadership was once a leader and exceptionally close ally of/in LOSS. However if your that interested why dont you take the time to read the most in depth alliance history in all of CN, im sure you'll find more than 5 things there. [url="http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/History_of_the_League_of_Small_Superpowers"]LOSS History[/url][/quote]
I don't really see how that's funny. Trace left LoSS, LUE isn't an alliance any more. None of that indicates any interesting things. All your history demonstrates is that you've spent most of your existence 'restructuring' (i.e. you're not happy with the situation either).

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1301690545' post='2682412']Well yes, i'm sure they existed. They probably had elections, signed treaties, got new nations to join. But most alliances manage to do this within their first week of existence. LoSS has been with us, apparently, for five years (although it's very easy to miss this) and hasn't demonstrated an ability to do anything of interest aside from "was a junior partner in a coalition with two dynamic alliances four years ago."[/quote]

You could likely say that for probably 95% of the alliances ever to grace Bob. Very few alliances ever get to be instigators and most of the time what they instigate isn't good. Remove the infamous, defunct, and simply team-player alliances then you'll likely be preaching to an empty hall, Banksy.

Show me an alliance that has done significant things, showed exceptional longevity, and wasn't extremely infamous. If you say MK I'll call you a liar right here and now. While you wrestle with the urge to say something rude, you might also reflect on the fact that you have a hard time coming up with candidates.

In the end though, one has to ask why would someone bother making a jerk of themselves in a simple vanity thread? What do you accomplish with this line of talk?

[quote name='Drugsup' timestamp='1301674445' post='2682216']
blah blah blah... misuse of your/you're...blah blah blah...history built a bond between us all, be it good or bad, i still respect you.
[/quote]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/M409I.png[/img]

[quote name='+Zeke+' timestamp='1301692450' post='2682432']
You could likely say that for probably 95% of the alliances ever to grace Bob. Very few alliances ever get to be instigators and most of the time what they instigate isn't good. Remove the infamous, defunct, and simply team-player alliances then you'll likely be preaching to an empty hall, Banksy.

Show me an alliance that has done significant things, showed exceptional longevity, and wasn't extremely infamous. If you say MK I'll call you a liar right here and now. While you wrestle with the urge to say something rude, you might also reflect on the fact that you have a hard time coming up with candidates.

In the end though, one has to ask why would someone bother making a jerk of themselves in a simple vanity thread? What do you accomplish with this line of talk?
[/quote]
Great attempt at a deflection, but I see you can't think of anything they've done in the last five years either.

[quote name='the dakotans' timestamp='1301639109' post='2682023']
I kinda like all of you, well besides that Dua chick. She knows info about me, so I like her a lot.

Happy Birthday, 5 years is quite the accomplishment. I'm looking forward to many more!
[/quote]

<3 :)

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1301690545' post='2682412']
Well yes, i'm sure they existed. They probably had elections, signed treaties, got new nations to join. But most alliances manage to do this within their first week of existence. LoSS has been with us, apparently, for five years (although it's very easy to miss this) and hasn't demonstrated an ability to do anything of interest aside from "was a junior partner in a coalition with two dynamic alliances four years ago."

I don't really see how that's funny. Trace left LoSS, LUE isn't an alliance any more. None of that indicates any interesting things. All your history demonstrates is that you've spent most of your existence 'restructuring' (i.e. you're not happy with the situation either).
[/quote]
I believe I read when reading the history (never got done, still plan to) that we organized pink when we were there.

Anyways, o/ LoSS

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1301690545' post='2682412']
[/quote]

You're conflating what you find interesting with what other people can potentially find interesting, and you're ignoring plenty of stuff in the process because it's never impacted you directly. The fact is that LoSS has had plenty of interactions with other alliances that have driven gameplay for the individuals involved, at different times and in different ways. Even the fact they've harboured 5 years worth of an active non-neutral membership that have gone on to join other alliances has contributed something to the game.

[quote name='Morphine Mate' timestamp='1301697910' post='2682490']
I believe I read when reading the history (never got done, still plan to) that we organized pink when we were there.

Anyways, o/ LoSS
[/quote]

[quote name='Laslo Kenez' timestamp='1301698611' post='2682502']
You're conflating what you find interesting with what other people can potentially find interesting, and you're ignoring plenty of stuff in the process because it's never impacted you directly. The fact is that LoSS has had plenty of interactions with other alliances that have driven gameplay for the individuals involved, at different times and in different ways. Even the fact they've harboured 5 years worth of an active non-neutral membership that have gone on to join other alliances has contributed something to the game.
[/quote]
Well, now we're talking! LoSS organised the pink sphere and their active membership left to go on to bigger and brighter things. Fine achievements.