Elle est L'etat

Sarah Tintagyl

OOC: Please join in as much as you want, cause I'm not really sure where I'm all going with this... :P

Sarah sat alone in her quarters one early morning, her head still hurting from the attempt on her life down in New Castle. The early rain created a mist that circulated from the grass below her and the soft drops pounded down on the window. She rocked back and forth with her hands in her lap and sighed. It was getting close to her twenty-eighth birthday and with that would be coming to the end of her reign as Prime Minister of the Hansa. In the past four years she had done so much as a world leader could expect to do. When she had came to power the Hansa was an unknown country in Europe, embroiled in corruption and politics, she led them through the First European War with Nordland which they escaped without a scratch and then lead a rebellion to change the Hansa into a Republic where she was voted into office. From there the nuclear problem of Scandinavia was solved, in which Sarah met the her future husband Larsa Solidor. Glancing down at the ring on her finger she couldn't help but feel a hint of memory washing over her.

After that had been taken care of the war between the Hansa and Germany almost started immediately which was how she found herself staring out into the Australian countryside. It had been a stressful four years. Taking a mirror off of her desk she looked at her face, she was getting older, not uglier or anything, she still had the hints of youth with she was blessed with, but she had gotten used to the stress. She had gotten used to the crying and she had gotten, as bad as it sounded to the fame. Sarah did her best to not be an egotistical person, but in her situation could it be helped. There was a statue of her in Timor, paintings of her in the national museum, and a handful of books that she had read on her leadership and her short life in leadership. Thefore, in all honesty she didn't want to give it up, but that was against principle, no leader could hold power forever. Looking down in the courtyard of City Hall, there was another statue, "The Daughter of the Hansa" it was called. Her persona holding a flower of peace with Hanseatic citizens beneath her and she frowned. "God damn it all. This is all I know, how am I supposed to just retire?"

-------------------------------------

At a bar down a few of the streets from City Hall five men sat talking together, it was a mixture of Finns, New Cymreag, and some Asians. They had been drinking for quite sometime and with garbage cans near the table they were prepared for another long haul. "C'mon honey bring over another round." Said Richard. "So what do you think about the election season right now?"

"No ones talked about running." Said Josh picking up his tankard and frothing at the mouth. "To be honest, people would consider it a sin. To run against Lady Sarah who would be so bold and to try to pick up where she left off. It could never happen."

"No choice." Said Sean. "She knows the laws, there's going to be an election whether people want it or not, plus I mean was she really that great of a leader to begin with?"

Richard laughed. "You're Australian Sean, you don't understand, I met her in person once, as nice as any lass on a summer day. Sweet, kind with the touch. That Larsa Solidor is a lucky man, believe me, there are more world leaders that wouldn't mind being in his position. And believe me its not just for end of the day either."

"Ah shut yer mouth. Ya talk nothing but disrespect." Said Franz sitting across at the bar. "Listen to me, you watch, she's not done yet. Our country's destiny is tied along with her. I've been through two wars, and two nuclear explosions and she hasn't failed us yet. God damn, if it weren't for her, Relena Peacecraft and a few other leaders on Earth we'd all be blowing ourselves up. Maybe that's what we have to look at is the Imperial Union. They love Peacecraft, she's queen, well why couldn't we do that here?"

"Its against democratic principles." Said the bartender. "She'd be labeled a hypocrite across the world."

"But it would be a betrayal to us, she's our leader and you all know that. Who said we need a dictator, she wouldn't role like that and if she got the idea then we pull the plug. But if the people give power with will, then why not."

"Its call despotism you fool. You want a dictator?"

"No, but I want a leader that knows how to interact with the world. You think Wallenburg can do that? Not a chance. I say let her reign for life."

"You want a Autocrat? Isn't that what the German's have?"

"No I want a queen, I want the queen that we need to lead this nation to further glory." He picked up his glass. "Who's with me. God Bless the Queen?"

The tavern laughed, but raised their glasses. "God Bless the Queen."

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOC: Before anyone says anything, yes, my namesake is everywhere. :P

IC:

"God Bless the Queen indeed." said a voice coming from the door, the wind and rain sweeping the room for a few moments before it slid closed. The silver haired individual took a seat at the counter looking at the barman.

"Strongest thing you've got?" turning back to the other patrons, "You boys don't mind a soggy Ex-Emperor hanging around for a bit, I hope."

"God Bless the Queen indeed." said a voice coming from the door, the wind and rain sweeping the room for a few moments before it slid closed. The silver haired individual took a seat at the counter looking at the barman.

"Strongest thing you've got?" turning back to the other patrons, "You boys don't mind a soggy Ex-Emperor hanging around for a bit, I hope."

"Of course not Lord Rukia." Said the bartender sliding him a tall mug of beer and a shot of whiskey. "Its on the house, don't worry about it. But tell us, what do you think of the subject these idiots brought up?"

"Of course not Lord Rukia." Said the bartender sliding him a tall mug of beer and a shot of whiskey. "Its on the house, don't worry about it. But tell us, what do you think of the subject these idiots brought up?"

"This boy here fancies his Prime Minister a Queen, eh?" he said pointing to the one who brought it up. "I can't say that I don't think she couldn't do it. Rather that I don't exactly think it's in her nor your countries best interest to go Monarchy, especially after all of the Democracy business.

Besides, you boys like the idea of having a foreigner King? Oh well, not my call I suppose, but this old timer just isn't sure the Hansa is ready for that kind of change.

Having been through the experiences of a Monarch firsthand, I think that you can understand my point of view."

Edited by Ranather

"I think they're right," Xenu said, pulling himself up next to Lord Rukia. "She should be Queen." Xenu, in civilian clothes and with his head held low. His face was not widely known outside of the United Kingdom, where it was briefly shown in a news report for a serial killer. His deep accent suggested he wasn't from either Europe or Australia.

Edited by Sargun

"This boy here fancies his Prime Minister a Queen, eh?" he said pointing to the one who brought it up. "I can't say that I don't think she couldn't do it. Rather that I don't exactly think it's in her nor your countries best interest to go Monarchy, especially after all of the Democracy business.

Besides, you boys like the idea of having a foreigner King? Oh well, not my call I suppose, but this old timer just isn't sure the Hansa is ready for that kind of change.

Having been through the experiences of a Monarch firsthand, I think that you can understand my point of view."

"Agreed Lord Rukia, but what of the election process. What is a democracy that has their leader reign for life." Said on of the men at the booth. "I agree that a monarch is a bad idea, but she is our leader, for now and forever. Wouldn't that be against democracy as well My Lord. Can you give us any advice on this, maybe amend the constitution? You must understand our plight. You were an emperor before, try and help us."

The bartender laughed. "And if you help us out, there's another free mug of ale for you."

"I think they're right," Xenu said, pulling himself up next to Lord Rukia. "She should be Queen." Xenu, in civilian clothes and with his head held low. His face was not widely known outside of the United Kingdom, where it was briefly shown in a news report for a serial killer. His deep accent suggested he wasn't from either Europe or Australia.

"You have a mighty confidence about you, friend."

"Agreed Lord Rukia, but what of the election process. What is a democracy that has their leader reign for life." Said on of the men at the booth. "I agree that a monarch is a bad idea, but she is our leader, for now and forever. Wouldn't that be against democracy as well My Lord. Can you give us any advice on this, maybe amend the constitution? You must understand our plight. You were an emperor before, try and help us."

The bartender laughed. "And if you help us out, there's another free mug of ale for you."

"It seems my political days are far from over. First things first, you boys have an actual plan or is this just some drunken rambling, best to clear that up beforehand."

Edited by Ranather

Another figure in the bar raised it was a veteran wearing an Imperial Uniform.

"Hell why not she's a damned good leader, and it isn't like she would be voted out anyway"

"Well, isn't this the popular foreign hang-out.. In any case, we need more than just an idea, we need a way to make it happen."

The strange man spoke up, startling the others in the bar, who hadn't seen him.

" I have some experience in organizing people to fight."

Another man, Gorg Ran, a GLS citizen who was on a vacation, responded after hearing the strange man speak, "Yeah, announcing that you are going to organize a rebel team in the public is a great idea. Just what we need, more bloodshed..."

Edited by HHAYD

"It seems my political days are far from over. First things first, you boys have an actual plan or is this just some drunken rambling, best to clear that up beforehand."

The bartender laughed. "They can barely get to the tavern without falling all over the place, they couldn't make a plan for politics if it was drawn out in front of them."

Franz slammed his glass on the bar. "Of course we have a plan." He paused and thought and the tavern busted out in laughter. "All right fine, I don't have much of a plan. But I mean we could go to the Diet and ask for a referendum."

"The politicians would never allow it. You can't form monarchy from a republic Franz." Said the bartender. "Well you can but its extremely hard. We could demand a extension on terms, that might go over easier than a life in power. Lord Rukia?"

Another man, Gorg Ran, a GLS citizen who was on a vacation, responded after hearing the strange man speak, "Yeah, announcing that you are going to organize a rebel team in the public is a great idea. Just what we need, more bloodshed..."

"I'm not saying they need to actually fight. All they need to do is show that they can and will."

Edited by freakwars

The bartender laughed. "They can barely get to the tavern without falling all over the place, they couldn't make a plan for politics if it was drawn out in front of them."

Franz slammed his glass on the bar. "Of course we have a plan." He paused and thought and the tavern busted out in laughter. "All right fine, I don't have much of a plan. But I mean we could go to the Diet and ask for a referendum."

"The politicians would never allow it. You can't form monarchy from a republic Franz." Said the bartender. "Well you can but its extremely hard. We could demand a extension on terms, that might go over easier than a life in power. Lord Rukia?"

"Everyone knows politicians lie perhaps we can get some Intell on them to convince them? Used it before works perfectly without violence"

Gorg Ran responded after hearing that, "It will take a while, but why not try to get other citizens to support your cause. When over half of the nation supports your cause, then you can stage peaceful protests. If the government decides to ignore us, we will still gain some support from other nations."

"I'm not saying they need to actually fight. All they need to do is show that they can and will."

Gorg replied, "But wouldn't that cause the government to think we are going to use violence. If you are meaning that we can peacefully protests, then the government shouldn't bother us much."

Edited by HHAYD

"Heh."

"Start small, you go big with no momentum and the fall will be that much harder. That referendum, a demand for longer terms, coupled with immense public and international support is a good place to start."

"No bloodshed, we are not staging a coup here, remember that."

Greg Evans, retired JAG, was a regular at this particular bar. He observed the goings on with barely a hint of interest. Looks could be decieving, however, he was one of the many agents in place in the Hansa, to gauge the mood of the population.

"Barkeep," he shouted across the room, "bring me another."

"No bloodshed, we are not staging a coup here, remember that."

OOC: But violence is always so much more entertaining...

The strange man said" Violence is the only way to get people to listen to a minority. If you manage to get your side to be the majority violence is then not needed"

Xenu looked around and smiled, then looked at Lord Rukia.

"Lord Rukia, you have no idea how much danger you or our Queen (ooc: I lol'd) could be in if I willed it. I'm very confident, and I'm quite sure you want me on our Queen's side. Focus on the solution, not the problem. There's no need to doubt something that can be done."

OOC: But violence is always so much more entertaining...

The strange man said" Violence is the only way to get people to listen to a minority. If you manage to get your side to be the majority violence is then not needed"

"That is a closed minded and barbaric approach. No bloodshed. Non-negotiable."

Xenu looked around and smiled, then looked at Lord Rukia.

"Lord Rukia, you have no idea how much danger you or our Queen (ooc: I lol'd) could be in if I willed it. I'm very confident, and I'm quite sure you want me on our Queen's side. Focus on the solution, not the problem. There's no need to doubt something that can be done."

"Then let us be done with that, then. What can you offer to this fool's crusade?"

Edited by Ranather