Announcement from the Orange Defense Network

I guess he needs a hobby now that he's sold out his morals.

Tut tut. Card-carrying fans know that I view the moniker moralist as an insult.
You feel that you've said something true, or at least interesting, but you have failed to take into account that you've made your statement just beneath an 800-word mini-treatise which matches exactly the "moral" position I advanced for the entirety of the time period that you liked me. The difference is not my morals, it is your position relative to me.
You're a small mind thinking in terms of persons rather than ideas.

Oh pardon me, Schattenmann, I simply inferred from your 800-word mini-treatise, in conjunction with the salient points involving ODN made here and here, that you were doing more than saving the OWF with your musings. Here I thought you clearly have an agenda that is at least partly obsessive in nature and take every opportunity to bring it up. But your posts certainly don't indicate that. Silly me indeed.

Oh, so now because I am aware of the genesis of Steve Buscemi's new found pet peeve it is my obsession which has reached back in time in a feedback loop of a mystical nature to ensure that it was ODN who did it rather than another alliance? I appreciate your overestimation of my powers to the inclusion of altering the timeline to suit my supposed obsessions, but I assure you that the shadowman exists across time, not independent of it.
As far as negotiations, as the foremost commentator on global politics, I allow myself a yolk on occasion.

Yes, silly you. Edited by Schattenmann

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tut tut. Card-carrying fans know that I view the moniker moralist as an insult.
You feel that you've said something true, or at least interesting, but you have failed to take into account that you've made your statement just beneath an 800-word mini-treatise which matches exactly the "moral" position I advanced for the entirety of the time period that you liked me. The difference is not my morals, it is your position relative to me.
You're a small mind thinking in terms of persons rather than ideas.

Hehe "card-carrying fans". Maybe you aren't entirely gone, but merely temporarily lost. Maybe humour can remain intact while you pick and choose your soapbox for the day trying to retain some sense of former morality.

Don't misunderstand me though, morality and being a moralist are definitely not the same concept. You can still spout off walls of text about your views on treaties and how people should choose to sign them, you can ever rant off about the failings of OsRavan or the death of politics due to the stranglehold of the treaty web.

On what grounds though? You used to stand for something and were able to act on it, and you did act on it on multiple occasions. It's all relative I guess. Trading your soul for a chance to fulfill some grudges and have a taste of winning can't be all bad, right?

Just for background information: I haven't been in a position (relative to you) in almost three years that would make it convenient for me to admire your ideas. I'm not even sure if my first year could count as a position of convenience.

Hehe "card-carrying fans". Maybe you aren't entirely gone, but merely temporarily lost. Maybe humour can remain intact while you pick and choose your soapbox for the day trying to retain some sense of former morality.

Don't misunderstand me though, morality and being a moralist are definitely not the same concept. You can still spout off walls of text about your views on treaties and how people should choose to sign them, you can ever rant off about the failings of OsRavan or the death of politics due to the stranglehold of the treaty web.

On what grounds though? You used to stand for something and were able to act on it, and you did act on it on multiple occasions. It's all relative I guess. Trading your soul for a chance to fulfill some grudges and have a taste of winning can't be all bad, right?

Just for background information: I haven't been in a position (relative to you) in almost three years that would make it convenient for me to admire your ideas. I'm not even sure if my first year could count as a position of convenience.

If Schatt's background makes him ineligible to make those arguments, then what makes you eligible to criticize them?

Whether you like Schatt or not, he's been quite noteworthy for much of his time here. Aside from hopping alliances, what have you done?

Hehe "card-carrying fans".

:P

Maybe you aren't entirely gone, but merely temporarily lost. Maybe humour can remain intact while you pick and choose your soapbox for the day trying to retain some sense of former morality.

Tell ya what, at the bottom of the post you think embodies my fall from grace, click blog this" and argue your case. This is the ODN thread not Schatt-a-Rama.