Are Infra. jumps REALLY necessary?

Mada Vopahsolog

Is the math behind it solid? That instead of buying infra every day in small amounts, it's better to buy it in huge chunks every once in a while? Can someone give me an example of these two builds that shows one is better than the other?

I can't stand saving up cash and not buying infra. everyday. If I go a day without it, i'm losing additional income that, say, 20infra would have provided.

[quote name='Mada Vopahsolog' timestamp='1291776403' post='2533463']
Is the math behind it solid? That instead of buying infra every day in small amounts, it's better to buy it in huge chunks every once in a while? Can someone give me an example of these two builds that shows one is better than the other?

I can't stand saving up cash and not buying infra. everyday. If I go a day without it, i'm losing additional income that, say, 20infra would have provided.
[/quote]
The main reason to infra jump is back collecting.

Your nation starts with 1 infra. Say you buy 10 infra every day for 20 days. You will be paying higher bills each day and if you collect daily the amount will be nothing.

Instead, you save your money from tech deals or aid programs and only pay bills for that 1 infra for 20 days. It will be like $25 a day so around $500 bucks for all 20 days.

You then purchase infrastructure (if you got 4 tech deals) and go from 1 infra to 999.00 infra after 20 consecutive days of just paying bills. Your bills as I just said are paid for so all you will be doing is buying the infra and collecting your taxes.

Now...You will collect taxes for all the 20 days that you were not collecting taxes with your nation now at it's much larger size of 999.00 infra.

What do you think will yield more cash? Paying bills and collecting daily and purchasing infra daily (increasing your bills daily)

or paying bills at 1 infra daily and collecting one time for 20 days at 999.00 infra?

The math is correct and here is how you should go about your infra jumps:

0.00-299.00 ----$609,807.14
299.00-999.00 ---- $6,317,980.50
999.00-1,999.00 ---- $15,299,165.80
1,999.00-2,999.00 ---- $25,437,865.20
2,999.00-3,999.00 ---- $42,566,452.70
3,999.00-4,999.00 ---- $72,796,451.10

That is what I strongly recommend you follow to see the fastest growth. You would also need a great guide to walk you step by step through the process. Most alliances have good guides.

Those jumps I show above is with Construction, Aluminum, Marble, Iron, and Lumber.
Also, add about $1.5mil to each total because you will need to buy improvements after you jump in infra.

Edited by Fernando12

That ^

To answer your title question: yes. It all comes down to paying bills as often at the cheapest level possible before you buy more infrastructure. It's taking advantage of a simple concept whereby you can pay for multiple bills and THEN collect.

[quote name='NoLaurelTree000' timestamp='1292154540' post='2537283']
it becomes less and less profitable the larger you become. early on, you can make a large amount of income off it, but once you start to get larger, the gains from back collecting become less and less.
[/quote]

That depends on your trade ring too. Having a 3BR suits a nation to a pretty high level and then the Affluent Population ring suits the extreme levels. Back collecting is always profitable, even if it's less so later.

[quote name='Ironfist' timestamp='1292226368' post='2538286']
That depends on your trade ring too. Having a 3BR suits a nation to a pretty high level and then the Affluent Population ring suits the extreme levels. Back collecting is always profitable, even if it's less so later.
[/quote]

Don't forget that once you reach a decent size, it becomes worthwhile to swap improvements (primarily Labor Camps). This is a major reason alone to continue back collecting, even if you aren't buying infra.

For those that don't know what I'm talking about, it's best to have Labor Camps when you're paying bills, but to not have them when you collect. If you're large enough that it's profitable to keep dropping them every collection cycle, it's still best to stretch out the time between collections in order to minimize the number of times you need to repurchase the Labor Camps.

[quote name='King Irwin' timestamp='1292525488' post='2541024']
Don't forget that once you reach a decent size, it becomes worthwhile to swap improvements (primarily Labor Camps). This is a major reason alone to continue back collecting, even if you aren't buying infra.

For those that don't know what I'm talking about, it's best to have Labor Camps when you're paying bills, but to not have them when you collect. If you're large enough that it's profitable to keep dropping them every collection cycle, it's still best to stretch out the time between collections in order to minimize the number of times you need to repurchase the Labor Camps.
[/quote]

Anyone who saves more than 500,000 for deploying labour camps should be improvement swapping.

Edited by Ironfist