We're Drunk...Get Over It

Lurunin

Like I've said, I've played with PP before. A couple rounds back in fact I was [i]sapping[/i] off another alliance when a friend of mine in PP said that they were blitzed and needed some help to even the odds. I changed alliances and declared war on a couple of the targets hitting your top guys. We won the war and yourself and I later took down some targets together in wars that followed :)

[quote name='NoLaurelTree000' timestamp='1292280551' post='2538801']oh no, i get it titus. youre just a parasite that saps off of smaller alliances for your own selfish, personal gains.[/quote]

Call it what you will, but what I try and do is difficult. It's hard finishing the round in first place. That's the point, if it was easy anyone could do it. It's crazy easy to get into a war in TE and so a lot of people do that rather than even make an attempt at finishing first. That's cool, to each his own. Strictly speaking though the point of TE is to finish in the top three, that's how the game is ranked. 2,000-3,000 people play, three people place; whereas a couple thousand people play just to war, half of them end up winning. Either way can be fun, but which one do you find more challenging? I've done war, why is it so negative for people who've been playing for a long time to try for something new? It's not selfishly motivated; I'm not trying to get a Seixas flag into SE lol, I'm trying to win a flag for my SE alliance so all our member nations in SE can fly their alliance flag.

If you take a look at the top 10 right now only a couple of the nations are in alliances with more than15-20 people. There's a reason for that and it takes place over the course of entire round. Typically, your best shot at placing is in a smaller alliance. Sometimes it means ghosting or giving the truth a little [i]scope[/i], but that's in the spirit of TE. It's a cutthroat Verse, but it's all in good fun.

Hey when you win that flag write a book so we can all follow your Manual of Excellence. Until then it's just a bunch of blah blah blah...I'm awesome...blah blah blah...I'm a ghost....blah blah blah...I failed...again. :lol1:

Fun war PP, have a happy holidays everyone! :)

[quote name='Wired' timestamp='1292296814' post='2539097']
Hey when you win that flag write a book so we can all follow your Manual of Excellence. Until then it's just a bunch of blah blah blah...I'm awesome...blah blah blah...I'm a ghost....blah blah blah...I failed...again. :lol1:

Fun war PP, have a happy holidays everyone! :)
[/quote]

Lol, says the 240 day old, 27K NS nation. If you want to read arrogance or pride into it go for it brother, but saying that I've played for a long time and am looking for a deferent challenge is neither. Blah blah blah is exactly what I'm sure you read and why you simply don't understand. I tried to contribute to the war discussion on BFF forums when we were talking about the end of the round war; unfortunately of the four or so active nations that actually visit the site only half of them saw reason and listened. The other half opted to leave BFF and fight a pointless loosing battle that they would have performed 10x more effectively in had they been less impatient and waited the few extra days to attack -- Like PP did btw - whether they needed that extra time or not is irrelevant, you see what effect being more prepared and organized has on a war [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/ehm.gif[/img]

Honestly man I was on the BFF forums for a couple weeks at least. You know I've seen how [i]organized[/i] and [i]active[/i] you all are and you're still going to criticize my sentiment on the game? You guys wouldn't last two days in a war against an alliance half your size of flag chasers lol. I mean you guys were planning a nuclear strategy for the war and explaining how that would really make the different, except NO ONE had any nukes lol. The one or two nations in range didn't even have a Uranium trade. Sorry that this didn't exactly inspire confidence in the leadership for me [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif[/img] You're right that I made a run for first and won't make it, but you tried to run an alliance and win a war and I have to say man, I got a heck of lot closer to my goal this round :)

Edited by seixas

[quote name='seixas' timestamp='1292288821' post='2538953']
Call it what you will, but what I try and do is difficult. It's hard finishing the round in first place. That's the point, if it was easy anyone could do it. It's crazy easy to get into a war in TE and so a lot of people do that rather than even make an attempt at finishing first. That's cool, to each his own. Strictly speaking though the point of TE is to finish in the top three, that's how the game is ranked. 2,000-3,000 people play, three people place; whereas a couple thousand people play just to war, half of them end up winning. Either way can be fun, but which one do you find more challenging?
[/quote]

:salute:
Well said, old friend.

There is nothing else in all of Planet Steve as satisfying as seeing one's team win after a long hard fight to the top of the playoff's. Nothing. :D

Edited by White Chocolate

Whoa, easy big fella...I'm just busting your balls. Did you miss the laughing smiley? ;)

I'm not sure what my SE nation size has to do with this TE conversation but you seem eager to break out the ruler and claim your e-penis is bigger than most. Lateral argument has never been a good method of winning a debate and is generally seen as evidence of a weak position. You do realize nation size is largely a factor of time on task right? I may be new but I don't think it takes much time to figure out the dynamics of this game - what do you think this is, rocket science? LOL! Based upon my nation age, size and efficiency I think most would say I'm doing fine.

Our entry in this round was a first attempt to gauge desire to play TE, as anyone can see we had little desire. It was never a serious effort and thinking it was our best effort would be a mistake.

If your posts here and on our forums stated your nation's age that would be a simple statement of fact indicating experience. When you lump in your SE NS and other irrelevant stats to impress their inclusion serves only as a chest-thumping boast which I view as arrogance or perhaps a symptom of an inferiority complex.

From your statements here and on our forums I guess your position is longer experience equals greater knowledge? I'm not sure I'd agree that more time necessarily makes you smarter, nor does less time make you inherently stupid. I'll further assume that you took issue with posts in this thread and responded to defend your honor, or was it to enlighten all us less experienced stupid people? Let's assume it's about honor, that's what seems to have you all wound up...

When you ghost an AA to hide and then take the time to join forums and deceive those that welcome you in you are being blatantly deceitful. You don't seem to have a problem with that - it's a cut throat Verse as you say. I'm pretty sure that was what the other guy meant about you being selfish - by any means, for your own gain. Some might say there is no honor in your actions but that doesn't seem to matter to you.

Tell me, did you log on to the PP forums in the past and lie to them too? How about your most recent hiding spot? Did you deceive and use that AA for your personal gain as well?

If your intention is to defend your stance as a ghost and a flag chaser that sees deceit as acceptable go for it. That isn't a position I'd try to defend. At the very least you should expect to be teased about it, but you seem far too serious for that. Heck, you get my vote for "Mr. Serious" this round. I would have expected someone with your experience to have a more tempered approach, my bad.

Winning a flag is one goal of the game, it's not the only goal. Personally, I just play to have fun...but I'm simple like that. Furthermore, there is more than one way to win a flag. I respect when an AA battles and wins a flag as exhibited in recent rounds. Your ghost approach?...hard to respect. And there's the rub - you suggest your method is the means to the end yet you have not succeeded in achieving your goal. Your words would have more weight if they were proven successful, until then it's all just blah blah blah...cheap talk. As I said, get back to us with that Manual when you actually win a flag.

And that sir is what I teased you about. Sorry if I hurt your feelings sweetie, hopefully you'll get over it.

As far as no nukes I am not sure what you're smoking...you might want to check that nuke report...or ask PP. Know this, I had you in my crosshairs at a time you had inadequate defenses, your flag chasing continued only because I chose to let you go. If you'd like to see the spy report on how weak you were at the time let me know. For someone that had it all figured out your postion was incredibly vulnerable - few spies, no silo, very low WC. I can see why you were hiding.

As far as this round goes I have achieved my goal, I had fun. Now let's see how you do on winning that flag. In the meantime relax, try some eggnog with some Valium maybe...happy holidays! :)

I don't even know how to respond to that post lol. You made a bunch of assumptions and drew conclusions based on my posts and then argued against them. The problem being you misinterpreted or blatenly missed what I was actually saying.

For example, size. I wasn't trying to diminish the time you've put into your nation, 240 days is a solid start. I'm not even implying that age or size is a direct measure of skill or knowledge of the game, but they are certainly related. I brought in my SE nation because clearly it's a bit difficult to gage experience in TE when the game is reset every couple months. When you begin a nation you learn how to play the game and like you said it's not particularly rocket science, but over time you pick up on the minutia of CN. I mean at 240 days how many great wars has your nation seen? How many treaties, blocs, alliance squabbles, DoEs, mergers, legit and/or bogus CBs have you witnessed or been a part of? Personally I find more arrogance in assuming that you've learned everything there is to know in a brief 240 days. Stating this isn't a point of pride or arrogance, it's simply a point of fact. So I'm not sure where e-penises came into this, but I suppose I can see how your mind might wander in that direction if it were so inclined [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif[/img]

Which brings me to your next assumption, honor. I'm not trying to defend my honor, just my position. Some people play to jump into war at every opportunity, some people play to try and see how well they can perform by the end of the round. No one was being blatenly deceitful. I tried to contribute to the war effort on the forums, but like I said the lack of activity, organization, and well, a plan didn't exactly inspire confidence in the leadership. You said yourself you weren't really trying this round. I agree and therefore is it surprising I would rather leave and put a bit more effort into my own end of the round fun? Had BFF been putting more into it I would have fought alongside you guys, certainly because at that point I already knew placing wasn't a possibility. Throwing my nation at someone like a balled up piece of paper for them to kick around wasn't my idea of an honorable or fun way to end the round, that's all.

It's not personal gain, but you seem to have missed my explanation of that in a previous post. If it were, then I'd be rocking Seixas in TE, but I don't. If I ever win a round, no one will likely know that it was me -- and that's actually how I prefer it :)

I'm glad you achieved your goal of having fun; and you're right that half way through this round I realized a solid run at the flag was unlikely, the difference is what we set out to do. You set out to get into wars in TE, not exactly challenging. I set out to win a flag, something only 14 people have done out of thousands since TE started up again. I much prefer aiming high and missing. If there's another way to aim, I don't know it.

No hard feeling bro, just poking some fun back at ya [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/happy.gif[/img] Best of luck in future rounds.

seixas has been under our AA for a few rounds before and has helped us in a few wars (think he was there beginning of round for the HP blitz), he's got my respect for helping us fight in the past

however, i do still believe that its dishonorable to abandon the alliance your in when they go into a war, especially when you are on their boards

My perspective, if you dont want nations ghosting your AA for the purpose of laying low and having a shot at the flag (as seixas readily admits to), then Ghost Bust them. I can assure you that a flag chaser/ghost/rouge will get off your AA asap once he gets a few CMs lobbed at him. Or maybe he/she will take on your whole AA for !@#$% and giggles, and if you arent up to the game they may actually take you all down(especially if they have nuke capabilities and you dont). The only reason I say this is so I dont get blammed for what may happen in the future. :P

Anyways, if you make it known (by ghost busting) that your AA is not going to be a habitable place for flag chasers to hide, then they will steer clear of you in the future. Just like a raid target can stand up for themselves by fighting back, so can you. You may have to sacrifice your nations for a round, but that ghost wont be back next round, I assure you.

You're missing one key point StevieG - he was a ghost for a short time, he was sent a PM and given the chance to join or be busted. He joined, posted in the forums and participated in war discussions. He was no longer a ghost. Then, when war hit - he ran. This action has no honor - as Lurunin recognizes. I think it's easy to acknowledge that his actions this round go beyond a ghost chasing a flag - he took it to a level above a simple ghost issue.

Seixas, come on man, this teasing isn't about CBs, DoEs, or your/my level of experience - it's about your actions, in particular, your actions in this round. Mind you I teased about you failing to get the flag but the real reason you're getting attention is because of your conduct.

I had a really long post but I think I'll skip a bunch of stuff and boil it down to this - let's just focus on your actions in this round and nothing more. To properly frame the last point on my list below let me include some posts you made on our forums:

[i]"...if we attack after a lot of nations are busy in armagegon wars, I think we will be able to do a lot more damage..."[/i]

[i]"...come in during the confusion of armagegon..."[/i]

[i]"...It's not cowardly to attack 'busy' targets during the chaos of armagedon..."[/i]

So, you joined our AA to avoid being busted. You lobbied for no war (our plan worked out just fine btw but nice try) because it interfered with your personal goals and when war finally came, you ran. Had war not come to us your plan was to wait until the end and jump on "busy" targets already engaged in war. Wow.

Shame, shame, shame. Sorry man, I'd razz anyone that crossed my path and acted like you have. You trying to defend your actions has been entertaining but in the end fall far short of diminishing the reality of your actions.

If you feel it necessary to respond (and I bet you will) let's see if you can address these key points and not get off track:

1. You jumped from one AA to another to avoid war.
2. You joined an AA by joining their board and participating in discussion.
3. You were deceitful and hid your true intent as a flag chaser from the AA you joined.
4. When war came you abandoned the AA you joined.
5. Your plan for war was (at most) to jump on already engaged targets at end of the round.

Let's not get further review of all your accomplishments in CN over the last 4 years or your theories on how to win a flag, just deal with your actions in this round. And please dude, try to avoid further attempts to belittle me - enough with the "I r smart/U r dumb" lateral arguements. Address the honor of your actions, nothing more.

IMO, your position is indefensible but if you wish to try go for it, just try to stay on point OK?

At the end of the day it's all good. You'll roll however you want Seixas, I'll do the same. My way will always take issue with your methods - to each his own. I suspect many others feel as I do and far less would agree with your position. ;)

Edited for typos.

Edited by Wired