A New Age.

Salmia

[quote name='TheyCallMeJeezy' timestamp='1291081018' post='2526154']
Yes, but with such little "new blood" these days those of us who have been here longest are likely the ones to be here in the future too.
[/quote]

This is true but it also takes time for the new generation to develop and old blood to retire. So it will take time before a new generation takes ahold. I am not sure I really count as old blood considering I am not 1500 days old +.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Mixoux' timestamp='1291066899' post='2526018']
I think we still have far too much old blood representing the total population. Not that this is necessarily a bad thing, but the constant debates about events that happened years ago gets stale, and I imagine it's much more annoying for the folks that never experienced such events.
[/quote]
I partially agree with you, though the history adds flavor to Planet Bob. I know when I first arrived here the intense rivalries stemming from the past, and researching how and why they were born was one of the main things that kept me here.

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1291098376' post='2526392']
I partially agree with you, though the history adds flavor to Planet Bob. I know when I first arrived here the intense rivalries stemming from the past, and researching how and why they were born was one of the main things that kept me here.
[/quote]

I second this partial agreement. I did like reading about the wars of 06 and commie wars before i got really involved.

Edited by Emperor Whimsical

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1291098376' post='2526392']
[/quote]
And I must third this. I'm just a couple months shy of two years old, but ever since I got OWF active I really came to enjoy digging around old topics and history, and the corresponding wiki pages, about things well before my time.

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1291099244' post='2526404']
And I must third this. I'm just a couple months shy of two years old, but ever since I got OWF active I really came to enjoy digging around old topics and history, and the corresponding wiki pages, about things well before my time.
[/quote]

I still enjoy doing this even though I am closer to 3 years, there is much history in 2006-2007 particularly around UJP that I wasn't here for. You can spend literally hours just reading threads and linking it to current events.

I do agree with losing old leaders, you can also lose people who have experienced the past as the new generation rises but that should bring interesting conflicts as well. After all, time never stands still.

[quote name='rapmanej' timestamp='1291142724' post='2526622']
Well Tool...

Please for the love of God do not turn this into another GGA situation. If the old dog looks too old, please do not drag it out.
[/quote]That's what I said on TOOL's forums. If a GGA situation happens, I will have to headdesk many times.

Don't let me give myself a concussion, guys. <_<