Political RP

lordliam

[quote name='Galvez' timestamp='1286592095' post='2479321']
What about community polls for deciding party seats? Has this been discussed already? Sorry I had to skim a bit, I'm on limited time. I think this is a great idea btw
[/quote]
I doubt there are that many people interested in influencing something that isn't even CNRP. But it would be a very good idea though. Except for the fact that everybody would be voting in every election. So it's like an American election being open to the Chinese, and the fact that the community probably won't take into account any in-game events and people voting for random parties for the lulz, etc.

Edited by lordliam

[quote name='Vince Sixx' timestamp='1286583194' post='2479225']
I read what you wrote. You said having political power in the game.

I mean, lets say someone who in [b][u]RL[/u] [/b]liked communism. They would make everything better for the communists, democrats, and liberals and make the people communist. Since politics is something that can be very hotly debated by anyone, there would be no such thing as a neutral GM.
[/quote]
If you say that, then you don't know me...I favor no political ideology. I can take tests to prove it...I've always been a moderate.

[quote name='Subtleknifewielder' timestamp='1286676921' post='2480059']
If you say that, then you don't know me...I favor no political ideology. I can take tests to prove it...I've always been a moderate.
[/quote]
Centrism is an ideology. :v:

Awesome. Now all we need are some players. I will play as the Democratic Party of America. Once we have a Republican player and at least 3 other parties from other countries, I'll post up a general topic with rules and such and we'll get going! :awesome:

[quote name='lordliam' timestamp='1286771862' post='2481207']
Awesome. Now all we need are some players. I will play as the Democratic Party of America. Once we have a Republican player and at least 3 other parties from other countries, I'll post up a general topic with rules and such and we'll get going! :awesome:
[/quote]

Could I play as the Ultranationalist party of Columbia? A semi-terrorist organisation that mostly uses force to get its view across but still maintains a legal political party for meeting with other nations?

[quote name='Kevin Kingswell' timestamp='1286822771' post='2481664']
Could I play as the Ultranationalist party of Columbia? A semi-terrorist organisation that mostly uses force to get its view across but still maintains a legal political party for meeting with other nations?
[/quote]
Anything that floats your boat man. I don't even know if that party actually exists, but it doesn't matter! :awesome:

[color="#4169E1"]Best idea ever. If you put this into work I would be the first person to sign up. If you need any type of map done I can do it also. Just shoot me a PM and I can give you some examples of my work. I think this is a great idea and I would love to be a part of it![/color]

[quote name='lordliam' timestamp='1286406985' post='2477505']
Maybe we should have GMs that decide what the people of the in-game world think and do, they could also give the children of monarchs different levels of ability, and er mental stability. That should get rid of all the unrealistic economic theory-type problems.

And, frankly, CNRP is way too... weird already. Forcing everybody to only be able to control one party within a nation would just make it worse. :/
[/quote]

There will be political rp in cnrpt in terms of people reacting to the decisions of monarchs.. or I will make political rp in cnrpt... lol. I encourage rulers to consider how their population will react to an iron hand and broad changing decisions.

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' timestamp='1287556142' post='2488556']
There will be political rp in cnrpt in terms of people reacting to the decisions of monarchs.. or I will make political rp in cnrpt... lol. I encourage rulers to consider how their population will react to an iron hand and broad changing decisions.
[/quote]

lol @ fail cnrpt egoism/recruitment methods

Edited by Sarah Tintagyl

[quote name='Sal Paradise' timestamp='1287613128' post='2489010']
The Rent Is Too Damn High Party is a real political party in the United States. Doesn't get any more realistic than actually existing.
[/quote]
...run by a guy nicknamed Papa Smurf, but okay.

It just seemed pretty ridiculous to me that a party called 'The Rent is Too Damn High' would be able to make it to the national level (and the real party has very limited support, in one state).

[quote name='dotCom' timestamp='1287616800' post='2489065']
...run by a guy nicknamed Papa Smurf, but okay.

It just seemed pretty ridiculous to me that a party called 'The Rent is Too Damn High' would be able to make it to the national level (and the real party has very limited support, in one state).
[/quote]

It made it to the national level? I thought it was just made up by that black man running for governor in New York?

[quote name='maddy' timestamp='1287621454' post='2489122']
It made it to the national level? I thought it was just made up by that black man running for governor in New York?
[/quote]
Well firstly, no, that party remains a very minor party in New York. Second, it is run by Jimmy McMillan.

[quote name='Sal Paradise' timestamp='1287642942' post='2489551']
The Rent is Too Damn High Party would have trouble making it to the national level in a country where the rent isn't too damn high everywhere. I'm going on the assumption that throughout chumbawumbaland, the rent is too damn high.
[/quote]
lawl

/me pays the rent anyway