We're Not Treatied But We're Still Friends

Un4Gvn1

[quote name='MinuteVariance' timestamp='1284190164' post='2449642']
Yes, I [i]have[/i] been reading this thread (and that [i]other[/i] one) so I am aware of what some people [i]think[/i] is the case. It doesn't matter how many times you repeat this opinion, even if you say it over and over...and over...and over...and over...as some of you seem to be so amused by doing. It doesn't make it true. The truth is we have a treaty that both parties have agreed to stand by. What you believe, and what I believe is just so much hot air, until proven out by events. We should be using it for something productive like filling up balloons, rather than this waste of ePaper.

Edit: wording
[/quote]
Correct, my saying it repeatedly doesnt make it the case. UPNs leaders saying it repeatedly makes it the case. Their refusal to defend multiple allies during war makes it the case. You have to wonder about the Polar mindset here not being able to see what everyone sees and UPNs leaders confirm. Best case scenario they will give you 1 weeks defense and cut a deal with their opposition not to nuke, this will leave them free to use all the nukes on you. Denial is the first stage, then comes betrayal then anger. I will see you at stage 3 and make fun of your leaders for not seeing it coming.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, you've missed my point, and I feel the unpleasant inevitability of being required to make it twice. Unlike those among us who are apparently addicted to treading the same ground repeatedly, I don't enjoy doing it.

Context. Apply some context. In order to predict what will happen with this treaty, you need future context. You can't know this. All that remains is intention. Personally, my intention is that when I am called upon, I'll fight until deletion for an ally as if I were fighting for any Polar. The intention of Polaris is as has been stated in the treaty and in this thread. This applies for UPN too.

If context alters these intentions, so be it. Your words remain forever impotent.

[quote name='MinuteVariance' timestamp='1284203158' post='2449717']
No, you've missed my point, and I feel the unpleasant inevitability of being required to make it twice. Unlike those among us who are apparently addicted to treading the same ground repeatedly, I don't enjoy doing it.

Context. Apply some context. In order to predict what will happen with this treaty, you need future context. You can't know this. All that remains is intention. Personally, my intention is that when I am called upon, I'll fight until deletion for an ally as if I were fighting for any Polar. The intention of Polaris is as has been stated in the treaty and in this thread. This applies for UPN too.

If context alters these intentions, so be it. Your words remain forever impotent.
[/quote]

Thats a pretty fancy way to say this treaty will always be honored unless it isnt.

[quote name='MinuteVariance' timestamp='1284203158' post='2449717']
No, you've missed my point, and I feel the unpleasant inevitability of being required to make it twice. Unlike those among us who are apparently addicted to treading the same ground repeatedly, I don't enjoy doing it.[/quote]
I understood you fine. You [b]believe [/b]UPN will defend you and they have said MDP = ODP and they will abandon any ally if it saves themselves. It seems the truth even when repeated is lost on some people and even angers them to hear it. Faith Vs facts you have sided with faith and turned off your mind ignoring the facts.

[quote]Context. Apply some context. In order to predict what will happen with this treaty, you need future context. You can't know this. All that remains is intention. Personally, my intention is that when I am called upon, I'll fight until deletion for an ally as if I were fighting for any Polar. The intention of Polaris is as has been stated in the treaty and in this thread. [b]This applies for UPN too[/b].[/quote]
You must have missed my point I clearly said Polaris would honour this treaty. In order to predict the actions of an alliance you need to understand the mentality of that alliance and know its history. UPNs history of repeatedly abandoning allies/friends despite holding the exact treaty they have with you and their leader amongst others confirming MDP=ODP & they would abandon any ally or friend to protect themselves seems to have been lost on you. What you think or would like their intentions to be is a silly way to judge an alliance despite all the evidence to the contrary. I do love your optimism though and your decision to speak directly for UPN in this matter.

[quote]If context alters these intentions, so be it. Your words remain forever impotent.
[/quote]
Not forever, just until you become a statistic like all UPNs other abandoned and betrayed allies. Do try not to be so naive. ;)

Alterego, you're trying too hard to convince Polaris that UPN will betray them when your mentality analysis is probably completely wrong. And it's wrong for the same reason it's not even close to likely that ODN would ever betray CnG. Because if they do, they will not have anyone else who will take them.

[quote name='Lusitan' timestamp='1284222211' post='2449891']
Alterego, you're trying too hard to convince Polaris that UPN will betray them when your mentality analysis is probably completely wrong. And it's wrong for the same reason it's not even close to likely that ODN would ever betray CnG. Because if they do, they will not have anyone else who will take them.
[/quote]
ODN didnt say this week that they view any of their MDoAP treaties as ODP.

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1284225964' post='2449948']
ODN didnt say this week that they view any of their MDoAP treaties as ODP.
[/quote]

Yes, because the relevance of an alliance's actions only go as far as one week goes :P

If you think for a bit on what I wrote you'll figure it out, I have faith.

[quote name='Lusitan' timestamp='1284222211' post='2449891']
Alterego, you're trying too hard to convince Polaris that UPN will betray them when your mentality analysis is probably completely wrong. And it's wrong for the same reason it's [b]not even close to likely that ODN would ever betray CnG. Because if they do, they will not have anyone else who will take them.[/b][/quote]

So you are saying they will be loyal due to the fact they have no other choice because they have burned everyone else and if/when they burn this last bridge also they will be exactly what AE has been talking about.

Hmm so honor and loyalty thru the use of fear of isolationism and hate.

Gotcha...

[quote name='Lusitan' timestamp='1284226666' post='2449955']
Yes, because the relevance of an alliance's actions only go as far as one week goes :P

If you think for a bit on what I wrote you'll figure it out, I have faith.
[/quote]
If you think fliping sides will stop someone throwing them a bone you've missed the last 4 years of wars. There is more than one yo yo alliance and they always found a willing partner after each flip.

Edited by Alterego

[quote name='chefjoe' timestamp='1284230813' post='2450012']
So you are saying they will be loyal due to the fact they have no other choice because they have burned everyone else and if/when they burn this last bridge also they will be exactly what AE has been talking about.

Hmm so honor and loyalty thru the use of fear of isolationism and hate.

Gotcha...
[/quote]

I am not exactly sure where you see the honour and loyalty though :o

[quote name='Lusitan' timestamp='1284239169' post='2450146']
I am not exactly sure where you see the honour and loyalty though :o
[/quote]

Good point, it [i]IS[/i] UPN were talking about.

Those words have no business being related to them in any way. Even if in derogatory fashion.

My bad... :awesome:

[quote name='Duncan King' timestamp='1284128638' post='2448826']
More like that "sack of fail" (as you so gallantly put it) wants desperately to be on your side.
[/quote]
We keep telling them no but they never listen. One of these days they will be charged with rape because they just can't realize that no means no.

[quote name='Stealthkill' timestamp='1284309923' post='2451048']
We keep telling them no but they never listen. One of these days they will be charged with rape because they just can't realize that no means no.
[/quote]
This line gives me excellent inspiration for a propaganda piece; if only I was gifted with artistic ability! D: