Ceylon's news and such

Lynneth

"Resources belong to those able to exploit it. In the absence of any indigenous population whose rights or property may be getting usurped, Kingdom of Cochin recognizes these claims. Neither moon, nor earth is property of mankind, we are all merely temporary residents who partake of its bounty. As a nation which has its own stake in lunar resources, we wholeheartedly support Ceylon in this endeavour and hope that they would continue to extend cooperation in the realm of space with Cochin and the rest of the world."

His Highness Kerala Varma,
The King of Cochin.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We reject this claim and all other claims like it. The moon and other celestial bodies are the common heritage of mankind and claims to resources and land will not be recognized by Greenland. We have no problem with nations working together to further the human race through lunar exploration and colonization, but what amounts to extraterrestrial land-grabs will never be endorsed.

[i]Greenland Ministry of Foreign Affairs[/i]

Edited by Californian

[quote name='Kaiser Martens' timestamp='1313464543' post='2781960']
"This is the most degenerate type of far-right capitalism, claiming the earth and its resources was not enough, now, they also lay claim to the moon! I shall make a motion in the Althing not to recognize this claim, as the moon should be the property of mankind, not of a few." - Germanian Communist Party Folksthing Member
[/quote]
[quote name='king of cochin' timestamp='1313482482' post='2782088']
"Resources belong to those able to exploit it. In the absence of any indigenous population whose rights or property may be getting usurped, Kingdom of Cochin recognizes these claims. Neither moon, nor earth is property of mankind, we are all merely temporary residents who partake of its bounty. As a nation which has its own stake in lunar resources, we wholeheartedly support Ceylon in this endeavour and hope that they would continue to extend cooperation in the realm of space with Cochin and the rest of the world."

His Highness Kerala Varma,
The King of Cochin.
[/quote]
[quote name='Californian' timestamp='1313526979' post='2782325']
We reject this claim and all other claims like it. The moon and other celestial bodies are the common heritage of mankind and claims to resources and land will not be recognized by Greenland. We have no problem with nations working together to further the human race through lunar exploration and colonization, but what amounts to extraterrestrial land-grabs will never be endorsed.

[i]Greenland Ministry of Foreign Affairs[/i]
[/quote]
[quote name='JEDCJT' timestamp='1313553644' post='2782614']
"Noveria echoes its Greenlandic ally. The Moon is not Antarctica."
[/quote]
[quote name='iKrolm' timestamp='1313554531' post='2782625']
Selenarctos recognizes that the Corporate Republic of Ceylon has sufficient strength to enforce its claim of the Von Braun Lunar Region.
[/quote]

[center][url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/Lynneth_del_Serpentas/AE/CNRP/Corp/Laura_head.png"][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/Lynneth_del_Serpentas/AE/CNRP/Corp/th_Laura_head.png[/img][/url]

[b][size="5"]Public Response from CEO Laura Leclerc[/size][/b]

"First, we thank both Cochin and Selenarctos for their recognition of our claims. Ceylon will most certainly cooperate with its friends in Cochin, and all others who wish to cooperate.

Now, to address those who decline us recognition; resources are there to be used by those capable of extracting them, much like our friends in the Kingdom of Cochin have said.
Unlike what you may think, this is not merely a landgrab. We hope to have created a precedent of sorts with this move, to ensure that not just anybody can come and claim parts of the moon, but only those who are willing to do good with these resources.
You may not believe that we are attempting to do good, but look at what Ceylon has accomplished. We have three sizable space stations in Earth's orbit, two of them capable of assembling vessels directly in space.
We have the [i]Yeoman[/i] freighters, each over a kilometer in length and able to ferry 40,000 metric tons of material to any point in Earth's sphere.
We have built a massive underground colony on the Moon, larger than some cities on the planet itself, almost completely self-sufficient save for occasional imports of material that cannot be found on the moon.

But the question is, [b]why[/b] have we done all this? 'To exploit the moon, of course,' you say.
Wrong.
We are doing this to bring a sort of security and safety to mankind that no other nation on the planet has attempted, or perhaps even thought of.
Mass-extinction events. Resource-scarcity. Global famine.
These are words that come up again and again in many newspapers and predictions of future events.
We of the Corporate Republic wish to prepare mankind for such things. We wish for mankind to survive without being annihilated, or thrown back into the stone-age.
And to survive, we need to throw off the shackles of our homeworld's gravity. To survive, we must be capable of surviving in a place where such catastophes cannot touch us.
In space itself."

With these words, Laura vanished from the screen, replaced by the view of a Ceylon shuttle first looking towards the near side of the moon, then panning to the side.
Into the camera's view came a pair of massive structures, half-finished and with thousands of the tiniest figures crawling over them like ants.
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/Lynneth_del_Serpentas/AE/CNRP/Corp/AC75-1085.jpg"][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/Lynneth_del_Serpentas/AE/CNRP/Corp/th_AC75-1085.jpg[/img][/url]
(Click)

While the gargantuan structures turned lazily around their long axis, two of the kilometer-long freighters approached them from the moon, still dwarfed by the Island habitats.
"This is mankind's future. This is where we will survive anything our dearest Mother, Earth, is capable of throwing at us. This is where we will be able to recuperate from any war, regardless of how devastating it was.
Each of these cylinders - Island Two habitats - will be capable of holding around a million people. Fourty of them are planned.
Eight vastly larger cylinders, Island Three habitats, have been planned, as well. Each of these larger ones will be able to house [b]24 million[/b] people.
Any nation that is interested will be able to invest in one of the Island Two habitats, in return gaining the right to send up to 700,000 people there to live, prosper, even vote, but first and foremost survive any apocalypse that could happen to their homeland.
Each of these colonies is a nation in itself, almost self-sufficient. All resources they will need can be delivered from our lunar colony, which we will expand in the near future to adjust for projected higher demand.
This is an opportunity.
This is a chance to preserve your nation's legacy. Not just ruthless exploitation of natural resources."[/center]

OOC, for clarification

I'm building colony cylinders in space, that much you should have gathered.
I'm offering everyone to sponsor a cylinder in RP. For this, you gain de jure control over the future population of the cylinder, even though the cylinder itself will continue to be mine - sort of an unlimited loan without you having to pay rent.
I'll just have a maintenance-crew on the colony. All other people will, de facto and de jure, continue to be under your control, with certain restrictions, such as not sabotaging the colony cylinder (intentionally or unintentionally) without clearing it with me beforehand, or using the cylinder to 'invade' someone else's bought colony.
These things' purpose is mostly for RP, sort of for you to have a population to fall back on if your nation ever happens to be completely eradicated, like through the eruption of a supervolcano, a meteorite hitting the planet or carpet-nuking.
Should you reroll, control over the population is automatically transferred to me, from which point it will slowly be integrated into one of the eight large colony cylinders.
I can't think of anything else right now, but there's probably something I forgot.

It's all for fun, primarily, and to give smaller nations an opportunity to continue RPing even if they're completely 'rolled' on the planet, as it were.

xxx Secret / Classified xxx

To : Corporate Republic of Ceylon

Greetings,

We are deeply intrigued by the new space station that you are creating and would like to know if you would receive a high level delegation to inspect the Island Two habitats as well as your lunar settlement. This high level delegation is likely to be a prelude to a formal contract to be placed for an Island Two Habitat by the Kingdom.

Sd,

Dr. Vignesh Sarabhai,
Cochin Space Research Organization

xxx End xxx

[quote name='king of cochin' timestamp='1313633739' post='2783183']
xxx Secret / Classified xxx

To : Corporate Republic of Ceylon

Greetings,

We are deeply intrigued by the new space station that you are creating and would like to know if you would receive a high level delegation to inspect the Island Two habitats as well as your lunar settlement. This high level delegation is likely to be a prelude to a formal contract to be placed for an Island Two Habitat by the Kingdom.

Sd,

Dr. Vignesh Sarabhai,
Cochin Space Research Organization

xxx End xxx
[/quote]
[b][Classified reply to Cochin][/b]

"Greetings to our friends in the Kingdom.
We would gladly receive a delegation to inspect the habitats, though we must note that the habitats have not been completed, and they do not yet contain a breathable atmosphere.
Perhaps we could arrange for a shuttle to let them inspect the construction site from a few kilometers distance; Currently, only workers, foremen, etc are permitted there. An exception may be made if you insist, but the safety of the delegation cannot be guaranteed if they do want to inspect the habitats from closer than officially allowed.
However, we'd be glad to show you the lunar colony."

Charles Rocketworth
Advisor of Space

[quote name='Executive Minister' timestamp='1313639174' post='2783287']
OOC: Where do I sign up?
[/quote]
OOC: PM

Edited by Lynneth

[b][Von Braun Lunar colony][/b]

"How did you convince me again to come here?"
Laura was walking besides Alexander, looking somewhat annoyed; She'd spent way toomuch time on the moon already and wanted to get back to the planet to keep the corporation under control.
The longer she was gone, the bolder they would get.
"I told you I had an interesting sideproject that we'd have to pursue as soon as the first habitats are done and can be populated."
"Right. So, what exactly is it?"
"Just a moment."
The two entered Alexander's office within the city, proceeding past the secretary into the office proper. There, a simple voice command activated a holographic display.
"Here you go, now let me just find the file..."
It took a minute, but then the image appeared on the screen.

[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/Lynneth_del_Serpentas/AE/CNRP/Corp/SpaceCraft01.png"][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/Lynneth_del_Serpentas/AE/CNRP/Corp/th_SpaceCraft01.png[/img][/url]

"What's that?"
"We haven't named it yet, but it's a design for a space, based carrier."
"A carrier?"
"Yes. Let me show you the accompanying fighter/bombers, unmanned, of course..."
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/Lynneth_del_Serpentas/AE/CNRP/Corp/RStar.png"][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/Lynneth_del_Serpentas/AE/CNRP/Corp/th_RStar.png[/img][/url]

"There we go."
"So, what exactly is their purpose, and what do they do?"
"The carrier, obviously, carries the Rising Star shuttles. It's going to be equipped with a powerful fusion rocket engine, so the thing will be capable of traversing the distance between the Earth and the Moon in less than 12 hours."
"Nice. And the shuttles?"
"Ram-rockets, a ramjet/rocket hybrid engine. The procedure will be like this: The carrier moves into MEO, perhaps around 500 to 600 kilometers altitude. From there, it launches the shuttles, which then descend down to an altitude of roughly 30 kilometers. There, they skim the atmosphere, the latest heat-shielding technology enabling them to do this without being damaged. From this altitude, the shuttles release their payload - guided bombs, cruise missiles or bunker buster missiles, most likely - and then burn hard, going back to a higher altitude, and back to the mothership."
"Why so complicated? Why don't we just drop rods from god or something?"
"Accuracy. Rods are notoriously inaccurate unless we want to bombard a relatively large area. We couldn't destroy nuclear missile bunkers efficiently if we dropped rods like that."
"Okay, that I understand...Do the shuttles have any sort of countermeasures?"
"Among other things, their speed. They'll utilise air spike technology for maximum velocity with relatively little heating aside from the skimming itself. We estimate that the shuttles would have to slow down briefly to mach 10 or so to release the payload, then accelerate and activate the rocket engines to get back out of the atmosphere. Then the carrier can pick them up, and refuel and re-arm the shuttles."
"Are they manned?"
"The combat versions, no. Those are unmanned and will be equipped with a simulated intelligence. Not entirely the same as an AI, as it can't gain sentience or sapience, but it's sophisticated enough to learn tactics of the enemy over time, should it come under fire, so it's able to adapt itself mildly."
"There'll be non-combat shuttles as well, for transport and all that?"
"Yes. For the Island habitats, for example. There, the shuttles can be used to transport people over relatively small distances, such as between Torus stations and the habitats, ot two linked habitats."
"Okay...So, how many shuttles will a carrier be able to carry?"
"Depends on how big we make it. With the current design, it'll be around 70 meters in length, 37.52 meters wingspan, with a payload of around 40 to 50 tons and a maximum weight or roughly 180 to 190 tons. We're still ironing out a few details, but that's current estimates and all. The carrier we estimate to be a little longer than the Yeoman freighters, though reaching a far higher mass, due to more volume needed to service the Rising Star. Around 1,360 meters length, 355 meters height for the main body, and 615 meters diameter for each torus."
"So, you're saying that each of these ships will be larger than any space station we currently have?"
"Unless we size the shuttle down, which will allow us to reduce the carrier's size, as well. Note that despite the size, the crew isn't likely to exceed 1,000 personnel, most of that to service the shuttles. Anyways. Each carrier will be able to service around 50 craft, but I doubt we'll need more than two."
"Even two of those will be worth more than an entire surface fleet."
"Yes, that's likely. But we're also thinking about equipping each with a veritable arsenal of weaponry, with powerful defensive lasers, dedicated missile launchers and railguns."
"[i]That[/i] sounds like fun...But will that be needed? They'll laze around in MEO."
"I sure hope it'll be fun. As for the weapons, not sure how that'll turn out. Building these things will have to wait until the first habitats are done, unfortunately. We can't spare the resources."
"I want to be on that thing on its maiden voyage."
"We can arrange that."
"Excellent! Now, is there anything else..?"
"I don't think so."
"Good. If you'll excuse me then, I need to rein some unhappy companies in."
"Don't let yourself be stopped by me."
"I won't."

Edited by Lynneth

[b][Communique between: Von Braun, Sostra HQ][/b]

[i]"What do you mean, shelved?"[/i]
"Exactly that. With the current pressure on our everything, we cannot afford to develop these things and start weaponising space."
[i]"But, but, Laura..!"[/i]
"No buts, Alexander. We simply can't afford the money for this project, no matter how cheap you claim you can make it."
[i]"Why do we suddenly have no money?"[/i]
"Because those colonies are eating practically everything we earn. And we're not actually producing tangible goods, either."
[i]"That means what, then?"[/i]
"Ugh, you show once again that you're just not good in economic matters. To make it short and simple, we'll have to face massive inflation in the relatively near future. Money gets poured into the project, but nothing that we can sell comes out of it. Once this is all over, I expect a total collapse of our economy, and a recovery-time of several years, if not a decade, unless we do something to counter that."
[i]"Couldn't we just put everything under state control?"[/i]
"Theoretically? Perhaps. Practically? Suicide. Don't forget that Vanguard controls the majority of the nation's armed forces. Everything belongs to one corporation or another. Even our subsidiaries would start revolting if we started nationalising."
[i]"Ugh, goddamn. Are there any other projects I'll have to put on ice?"[/i]
"Likely. Send me a full list and I'll go over it in the next days."
[i]"A full list? Seriously?"[/i]
"I don't like it either, but until other nations invest in the habitats, we have to live with what we have. So, [i]please[/i]. Just send it."
[i]"Bwaaah, fine. Under protest."[/i]
"Thank you."

Private Transmission to the Corporate Republic of Ceylon
[quote]
To whom it may concern,

Religions, as so many other things, were forged when man first looked at the skies and said 'I belong there - I am one with the heavens'.

I have witnessed your progression, and I find myself thanking the Gods that you have found the success you have.

For I too wish to rise from the ground, see my children build a new home for themselves in the cold, dark depths of space. I wish to bring hope to those dark places, expecting this ascension, this enlightenment you wish to provide the world, may unify and strengthen it.

The Aeon will provide for one of your settlements. May we bring light to the void together.[/quote]
[i][b]Princess Rhianne Lucretia Sidamo[/b], Reigning Sovereign of House Sidamo, for the Principality of Aeon[/i]

[quote name='Executive Minister' timestamp='1313984932' post='2786025']
Private Transmission to the Corporate Republic of Ceylon
[quote]To whom it may concern,

Religions, as so many other things, were forged when man first looked at the skies and said 'I belong there - I am one with the heavens'.

I have witnessed your progression, and I find myself thanking the Gods that you have found the success you have.

For I too wish to rise from the ground, see my children build a new home for themselves in the cold, dark depths of space. I wish to bring hope to those dark places, expecting this ascension, this enlightenment you wish to provide the world, may unify and strengthen it.

The Aeon will provide for one of your settlements. May we bring light to the void together.[/quote]
[i][b]Princess Rhianne Lucretia Sidamo[/b], Reigning Sovereign of House Sidamo, for the Principality of Aeon[/i]
[/quote]
[b][Private reply to Aeon][/b]

Princess Sidamo,

You know not how glad it makes me to hear that the Aeon will be aiding us with one of the Island habitats.
Few have the foresight and wisdom that you show every day. I must thank you for this great aid that Aeon is providing with this sponsorship.
If only more in the world could see the wisdom of reaching for the stars, like you and I.

With regards,
Laura Leclerc
CEO Sostra Holdings

A group of Germanian businessmen see an opportunity, perhaps they might be able to invest in these projects to keep things going. They have sent a message in order to find out more information, since data is, in fact, somewhat limited due to the fact that this is a new field, if one is not to consider the ancient ships of the past as a part of it.

[quote name='Kaiser Martens' timestamp='1314058810' post='2786444']
A group of Germanian businessmen see an opportunity, perhaps they might be able to invest in these projects to keep things going. They have sent a message in order to find out more information, since data is, in fact, somewhat limited due to the fact that this is a new field, if one is not to consider the ancient ships of the past as a part of it.
[/quote]
A reply was sent with some general information about the project and the type of habitat the businessmen would be investing into, though for further information, they would have to ask specific questions.
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/Lynneth_del_Serpentas/AE/CNRP/Corp/spacecolonypa1.jpg"][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/Lynneth_del_Serpentas/AE/CNRP/Corp/th_spacecolonypa1.jpg[/img][/url]
The smaller habitats, as could be seen in the message, would have a cylinder with 9 kilometers length and 1.8 kilometers width. The large ring which was attached at one end was to be 15.2 kilometers in diameter at the widest, containing all sorts of food-producing facilities.
The outermost layer was a three meters thick hull, further protected by an external foam capable of protecting against most micro-meteorites and other such debris. The windows were to begin at the same layer, separated into five times five meter big segments, fitting into each other perfectly. A total of four layers of such windows was to be built in total, to protect as well as possible against unwanted radiation as well as micro-meteors.
The middle layer would be 'skyscrapers', if they could be called that. There would be no space between them, making them essentially one large construction, interspersed with numerous tunnels for transport. On top of this 95 meter thick layer was to be around 12 meters of natural soil, to provide its inhabitants with relaxation areas as far as the eye could see.
As for gravity, the outermost layer would be subjected to a gravity of 1.2 g, meaning around 20% higher than Earth's gravity. With a radius of 900 meters, gravity had been calculated to lower by 0.1 g every 75 meters. This meant that the surface, 110 meters from the outer hull, would experience the equivalent of 1.05 g. Gravity simulation was achieved by rotating the entire colony around its long axis.
Up to one million people would be able to live comfortably in such a cylinder, though the investment would only guarantee space for 700,000 people due to natural population growth over time, slow as it might be.

[OOC: [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=90657&view=findpost&p=2766626"]This[/url] post might clear some other questions up.]

[quote name='Triyun' timestamp='1314063306' post='2786485']
The United Federation of the East would like to inquire about the construction of a set of colonies past the moon. These should house approximately 100 million people, and shall be named Side 3.
[/quote]
"We assume you mean the second Lagrange Point."
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/Lynneth_del_Serpentas/AE/CNRP/Corp/LagrangePoints.png[/img]

"That, alongside L1, L4 and L5 are regions in which we are planning to build the Island Two and Three habitats.
Please note that we are currently only offering sponsoring for Island Two habitats, each of which can carry around one million people at full capacity. While we do have considerably larger - Island Three - habitats planned, those are reserved for Ceylon citizens and considerably more expensive to build."
The same information that was given to the Germans would be given to the UFE.
"You would need a hundred of the smaller habitats for the amount of people you wish to house. As for the name, the habitat collective at Lagrange Point 2 - where you would like for your colonies to be - will be named Side 2, after its point.
If you want the colony cluster to be named Side 3 that badly, the habitats would have to be constructed at Lagrange Point 3. Considering that L3 is on the other side of the Moon's orbit, this would likely raise construction cost further due to a much longer transport distance for resources and material.
It still is possible, though."

[quote name='Kaiser Martens' timestamp='1314066006' post='2786526']
"We think that we would then like to invest in the creation of one of "such smaller" habitats. We must make strides towards the future such as these, and Germanian Space Programs while existant are not up to this task."
[/quote]
"We thank you for your investment.
A payment plan will be sent as soon as possible, and it can of course be changed to a degree.
While construction will take a while, you might want to begin choosing the people who will travel to the habitat."

Around three years had passed since this largest of projects had been begun. Experience and routine were beginning to set in as the first of the hulking constructions were approaching completion.
Millions of tons of material - most of it from the Moon, but especially the soil having been brought from the homeworld - had been refined and gone through manufacturing, to be assembled at the first Lagrange point. And finally, work on two of the cylinders was almost done. They only needed an atmosphere, and be brought into their shared orbit around the Lagrange point, with their thrusters firing afterwards to begin the rotation around their own axis. In but a few weeks, people could be brought to live within these two habitats.
Yet, even as the first citizens arrived, construction on two further Island Two colonies was initiated, projected completion time only around two and a half years away - experience brought speed and dependability. Less mistakes, more efficiency. With further streamlining, some expected that it was possible to bring the time required to build two habitats down to two years without further investments. With further investments, they could potentially be sped up even more, the most ambitious of engineers even speaking of as little as one year for a pair.
In addition, if the use of South America's Launch Loop could be secured, another ten percent or so could be shaved off the construction time. Additionally, if another nation constructed a launch loop and the use of that one could be assured, it would be yet another option to speed up construction.
So many possibilities.

"In other news, protests against Sarif Industries and other, similar corporations offering augmentation technology may soon get out of hand as more than 20,000 protesters gathered in front of Sarif's main office in Colombo alone. Thousands more have gathered in front of other corporations and augmentation clinics, forcing the Ceylon Police to respond by sending almost half of the entire force out just to ensure the protests do not escalate into riots.
When asked about this massive public response towards Sarif Industries' latest augmentation - a flechette-dispensing device dubbed 'Whirlwind' - David Sarif had so say, [i]"Sometimes, I have to make a choice not everyone likes. Sometimes, not even I like it. The whirlwind was made because Vanguard contracted Sarif Industries, so we made it. We could have refused, of course, but then another, less experienced corporation might have made it. Would you want that? Would you want such a weapon to be prone to malfunctioning if it might be the only thing that could save one of our boys?
"That aside, part of the contract was that only a certain amount of Vanguard operatives will be equipped with it, around 100 for every full division. Civilians won't even have access to this sort of military-grade technology."[/i]
The augmentation is, according to a spokesman, connected to the arm or built into it. The system can automatically tell friend from foe via a specialised sensor (developed specifically for Vanguard), after which miniscule amounts of explosives dispense flechettes at extreme speeds into the appropriate direction as possible. The standard version is likely to wound most opponents, while an upgraded officer's version is supposed to be capable of destroying even autonomous robotic threats and similar lightly armoured foes.

In related news, the number of terrorist attacks has risen by approximately 20% compared to the previous year, with over 30 'pro-human' attacks targeted against bio-augmentation companies such as Sarif Industries, VersaLife and Solotec.
Investigations to find and detain leaders of pro-human organisations are ongoing.

Lastly, the population of Habitat One and Two of Side 1 has reached 30,000 and 43,000, respectively, with several hundred thousand people still scheduled for relocation into the large space stations.
Unsurprisingly, construction of the next two habitats has already begun, these being dedicated to investing nations, Aeon among them. How many other nations of the world will invest remains to be seen, though several have reportedly expressed an interest in keeping at least part of their population safe."

OOC edit: Fixed something about the 'whirlwind', turns out I misunderstood something about it. Not actually explosives that get dispensed.
Also added description.

Edited by Lynneth

[b][Classified][/b]

Certain places under Ceylon's control had been somewhat neglected in the last months and years, but with the massive effort that was Side 1, Vanguard attempted to use what little influence it held in order to justify removing money from the project and spend it elsewhere.
Bouvet Island and the southern Thule island group housed minor outposts, of little more use than observing air and naval traffic, didn't even qualify to house a harbour of any useful size.

One of the mothballed carrier groups was brought back into service and ordered to move to South Georgia. There, two small outposts would be expanded considerably over the next years. The eastern of the bases would house a full airbase with a small port, the western one was intended to serve mainly as naval base. All standard technology was planned to be used, from the latest in radar and stealth-detection over numerous active defense systems to internal security systems such as DNA or retinal scans. Naturally, the entire base would be EMP-hardened to the highest standard, as well as built to withstand considerable conventional bombardement. For the database, a bunker capable of resisting a nuclear strike was planned, and would be finished within the year.

All in all, the airbase would be capable of housing up to 15 airplane squadrons and 2 bomber squadrons, while the naval base was intended to hold an entire carrier group, with some space to spare.

OOC: Oh god I haven't made a purely military base like that in ages.

Edited by Lynneth

"Station Von Braun, this is Pushpak 5 from Cochin. Transporting VIP personnel. Request permission to dock. Over."

The Flight Commander of the PS5 Pushpak Space Shuttle called on to Ceylon's lunar territory. This is the first of many sorts. His Highness Kerala Varma, the King of Cochin had visited the Cochin Lunar Base over the past four Earth days and is now over to visit the prestigious Von Braun Lunar Territory belonging to Cochin's closest ally, Ceylon.

"Pushpak 5, this is Von Braun Lunar Control. VIP transport acknowledged, please hold."

A few seconds would pass, during which confirmation for the shuttle having been expected was given, as well as the 'thumbs up' from Von Braun's administrator, who by then was travelling towards the shuttle bay to which the Cochin vessel would be directed.

"Pushpak 5, you have been cleared for landing. Please move to Shuttle Bay 3; landing aid will be given. Laser-guideline should be visible on your sensors.
Welcome to Von Braun."

[quote name='Lynneth' timestamp='1314981608' post='2792999']
"Pushpak 5, this is Von Braun Lunar Control. VIP transport acknowledged, please hold."

A few seconds would pass, during which confirmation for the shuttle having been expected was given, as well as the 'thumbs up' from Von Braun's administrator, who by then was travelling towards the shuttle bay to which the Cochin vessel would be directed.

"Pushpak 5, you have been cleared for landing. Please move to Shuttle Bay 3; landing aid will be given. Laser-guideline should be visible on your sensors.
Welcome to Von Braun."
[/quote]

The Pushpak would move using its thrust motors with the experienced Flight Commander guiding the spacecraft gently through the Shuttle Bay 3. The laser sensors would track the guidance signals so that the Pushpak is moved towards the correct Dock and connectors. Positioning itself as instructed by the Controllers, the Pushpak 5 would wait for the final locking protocols to be done and airlocking to be initiated.

Once the Cochin shuttle had stopped moving, the final procedures were initiated, with an airlock being extended towards the shuttle's hatch, as well as the bay's large door closing in order to protect it from potential miniscule debris.
As soon as all procedures were completed, the green light was given, allowing the VIP and his entourage to leave the shuttle to one last obstacle, a security- and safety airlock in case any of the connector-airlocks were breached for some reason. Getting through this would not take long, and afterwards they were in a low-grav, but otherwise very hospitable environment - Von Braun.
Waiting near the exit from the last security airlock were the station's Administrator as well as [url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/Lynneth_del_Serpentas/AE/CNRP/Possible/1286223932992.jpg"]Alexander Leclerc[/url].

"Welcome to Von Braun, Gentlemen. I hope your journey here wasn't too monotonous?"