Federal Campaign Season begins!

Maelstrom Vortex

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOC: Ryan, granite is right. KK RP's the citizens of Pennsylvania, you RP the citizens of Alaska.

[quote name='graniteknight' date='23 July 2010 - 01:20 PM' timestamp='1279909238' post='2386199']
The du Pont campaign has always been one for the American people, Our goal is to increase America's industry and wealth and power and return it from a nation of Deficit and Waste and Trade Imbalance to one of Prosperity and Surplus and Manufacturing
[/quote]

"And how exactly do you intend on making this country prosperous? By heavily taxing the hard working?"

To the citizen who asked that the du Pont campaign will not raise taxes on the hard working middle class, what we will do and what I will finance with my own money is factory construction and industry building with which to put American workers back to work,making them have jobs to make money making them prosper.

OOC: to cut semantics you did say west ON Pennsylvania, so the meaning was unclear

Edited by graniteknight

[quote name='Sal Paradise' timestamp='1279905958' post='2386061']
OOC: not sure if this falls under what non-US players are allowed, so I'm requesting permission to RP a 527 group. :awesome:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/527_organization

Also, the US supreme court ruled earlier this year that corporations (including foreign ones) could donate unlimited sums of money to political campaigns, as you seem to be RPing continuity with the real world US, I would imagine that this holds true in the CNRP US. May I RP this as well?
[/quote]

ooc: Request to play a 527 group granted. You may rp this as well.

[quote name='graniteknight' timestamp='1279913151' post='2386380']
OOC: you as another state rp'ed the conduct of independent(controlled by another player) PA, I have never done this, all i say is that I visit areas and citizens(not naming any nations the citizens are Mael's in a way) come and support me
[/quote]

ooc: The US has open sand box rules. Any player may play any citizen from any member state of the Union. Makes things more interesting. In the end it will be our votes that determine any election. As players, we shall each get exactly 1. Try not to tear each other apart too much fellas.. remember.. despite the parties and the elections.. we're still on the same team.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

An extension of the [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=86130&view=findpost&p=2303139]state of emergency and martial law[/url] has been approved indefinitely; until stability has returned to the United States and the Tahoan crisis is resolved, elections are postponed.

OOC: Let's take it slow, boys. Don't worry, you'll all get your chance to campaign, you'll just have to wait.

Johnson travelled to Virginia and answered the following questions:

1.) The damaged image of the United States of America. How will it be mended?

"As President, I will repair any negative image of the U.S. by favoring neutrality and erring on the side of peace."

2.) Decisive action to the Supreme Court ruling. They have made a mistake, will they face consiquences?

"Yes. The Supreme Court unfairly threw away a terrific opportunity for these states and abused their power, and as President, I will see to it that they are impeached and tried."

3.) War on the continent. How will we maintain peace?

"We must show our neighbors the power of compromise and negotiation. By doing so, we can easily avert war and make the continent as stable as it once was."

Halpert had answered the following questions when he was still in Virginia.

"As president, I will attempt to bring more peace to the US and North America by increasing our number of low-level treaties."

2.) Decisive action to the Supreme Court ruling. They have made a mistake, will they face consiquences?

"The Supreme Court abused their power, and as president I will have them impeached."

"We must be the middle man, the compromisers, in order to ensure North American peace."

A recent poll held in Virginia saw that the issues held with most importance by the Virginian people include the following:

The image of the United States of America must be amended through the efforts of a new leadership. We must remove the image of a warring country that pervades society today, who seeks fights in the darkest corners of the world, but to keep the peace, to act as the catalyst of peace, and to preserve peace at all costs.

2.) Decisive action to the Supreme Court ruling. They have made a mistake, will they face consequences?
They will be removed from office through tenders of resignation, and they will be replaced, however they will be able to remain judges in the lower court systems, their actions while noble did not take into effect the broad spectrum effect that the decision would make, they acted nobly some may say but also foolishly.
Military will be deployed to defend our interests first and foremost, with strict orders only to fight defensively while our allies and enemy combatants will be asked to Washington where reconciliation talks can be held.

[quote name='KingChris' timestamp='1280076790' post='2388382']
When Johnson saw that his responses to the questions in Virginia were copied almost verbatim, he approved a ten second commercial criticizing Halpert's utter lack of originality.
[/quote]
A twenty second commercial airs criticizing Johnson on how he copied from Halpert's original campaign.

[quote name='Ryan Milley' timestamp='1280186742' post='2390413']
A twenty second commercial airs criticizing Johnson on how he copied from Halpert's original campaign.
[/quote]
"Hahahaha. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Like I copied from your campaign? I answered the questions first."

Cooley has been denied candidacy due to the fact that he will not meet all of the requirements of becoming President at the time of inauguration.

Meanwhile, John barely managed to escape Virginia as it declared secession. He moved on westward to Indiana.

[quote name='Acca Dacca' timestamp='1280331962' post='2392501']
I believe for now, he is simply showing that he is representing those two states, and that campaigning can be done in those two states.
[/quote]
OOC: He has to be part of the US to campaign. Forgive me if he joined and I missed that.