White Peace Reached

paperwings2007

[quote name='Son of Taeper' date='18 July 2010 - 02:01 AM' timestamp='1279440060' post='2376902']
I was referring to LE Cadet and joking (if it wasn't obvious :P ).
Just trying to get some figures on what constitutes a stomp.
As for TPC fighting LE you would have to speak to Bacon or just attack them I suppose. It wouldn't be the first time they ran two wars back to back though. Then there is the question of stomping again. Would TPCs 105 against LEs 55 look like a stomp? And of course Cadet would have to defend it by bringing in 6 members. That would be one alliance v two so would LE then be seen as stomping TPC.?
[/quote]

A stomp, as I'm taught to call it, is I assume an 'unfair' fight, or off balanced on sides. Such as an army vs militia. It isn't based on alliances, but on NS, nations fighting, and overall chance of victory by one side. This isn't to be looked down on, in my opinion, as raising your chances of victory is part of war. LE and NB vs The Abyss, LE and NB was over 100k NS combined total, over The Abyss, with LE and NB having a nation advantage/nuke advantage, which could be looked on as disadvantage to The Abyss, or, not a 'fair' fight. Now claiming it as equal grounds, is something else.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recall Abyss as having more nukes than our combined total at war start.
I also recall growth rate as having slowed for a while for no apparent reason which indicated warchests.
As all alliances above them seemed to have their hands full, the only way a war could come, was down.
That would be a 2 on 1 ratio if they chose to hit the alliance below them or about 1 on 1 if they chose to hit the two alliances below them.
Charts show Abyss as having a phenomenal growth rate prior to war with LE. 45, 000 NS give or take a bit compared to 7,000.
NB grew at around 39000. and then lost a few members.
The question is, who saw the war coming?
Abyss were well geared up for it.
At what stage they stopped growth was anyones guess as there was never a formal dec on how large they would grow or who they would amalgamate with.

But to get back to your explanation of a stomp, I'd appreciate some figures please. Tech, NS Infra, Air, Cruise, Warchest, Spys, Trades. How do we define an unfair advantage?
Is it an unfair advantage for me to attack you over update just because I know you can't make updates?
Is It unfair for me to attack you because my stats show I have experience in wars and your stats show you have none?
Where does it end?

Edited by Son of Taeper

A couple quick notes:

the nuke disparity can't be ignored. The Abyss had, as I recall, at least 10 more nukes than our combined totals. We just used tactics (spies) to relieve them of every single nuke not in a HNMS. Huge advantage. We had the blitz. Again, I don't recall exact numbers, but I'm pretty certain there were over 25% of abyss anarchied in the first 30 minutes of the war. This blocked them from countering. Huge advantage. Judging by some of the battle reports posted, Abyss was running on lean warchests against an alliance known for having massive ones (LE), disadvantage.

If you want to call it a curbstomp, it's largely because you guys weren't prepared. And with regard to the NS disparities, Betamax had a lot to do with that artificially. As a cavalry we joined short after the war which boosted our sides by about 27k immediately after. The thing is, NB/LE did so well, at least 5 of us didn't even end up getting involved simply because there wasn't anyone strong enough that we needed to come in. We also had the advantage of the blitz and the build-up that comes beforehand, further pushing NS up.

You can cry foul as much as you like, but anyone paying a mediocre amount of attention can see Abyss is simply looking for sympathy.

[quote name='lonewolfe2015' date='18 July 2010 - 12:00 PM' timestamp='1279476012' post='2377390']
Awww, Confusion got so mad he got killed he sent a friend to play with us. Thank You :)
[/quote]

He needs more than A friend though. Might want to just send all of SF at us. Or whatever alliance he's jumped to now.

[quote name='lonewolfe2015' date='18 July 2010 - 02:00 PM' timestamp='1279476012' post='2377390']
Awww, Confusion got so mad he got killed he sent a friend to play with us. Thank You :)
[/quote]
:ph34r:
I have nothing to do with whatever you're talking about, but if you think I had something to do with it, I guess it can't be that bad :smug:

Anyways, Congrats on peace, I'd like to Congratulate all my opponents from LE, I had fun. :)

Edited by Confusion

[quote name='Confusion' date='18 July 2010 - 02:08 PM' timestamp='1279476475' post='2377397']
:ph34r:
I have nothing to do with whatever you're talking about, but if you think I had something to do with it, I guess it can't be that bad :smug:

Anyways, Congrats on peace, I'd like to Congratulate all my opponents from LE, I had fun. :)
[/quote]

:P

Don't worry, I won't let your secret get out! ;)

The elephant of surprise is a big boost I agree but it simply does not cut with the guy I A'd the day before peaceout.
He was obviously active but had no wars on either incoming or outgoing.
I'd managed to free a slot up (big mistake guys, you must have known what I had in mind) the same day and was searching around for anything tasty, and I find this guy sitting pretty while the rest of Abyss are fighting. He looked like he was set up well for good collects, min troops etc and I thought to myself, 4 days into a war and what are you doing for your alliance.
An easy non update pop into A that should never have been allowed to happen from a single attacker.
Get your act in order guys, kick out the deadwood.

[quote name='lonewolfe2015' date='18 July 2010 - 07:00 PM' timestamp='1279476012' post='2377390']
[/quote]

well i do love me some confusion,

also i don't think there'll be much playing, you seem to be talking instead of hitting the "declare war" button,

but then what would i expect, cowardice on your part is my reason for doing this in the first place, ask the nations i'm fighting how that "run from war" policy is working out for them will you? :smug:

[quote name='lazaraus45' date='18 July 2010 - 12:23 PM' timestamp='1279477419' post='2377419']

also i don't think there'll be much playing, you seem to be talking instead of hitting the "declare war" button,

but then what would i expect, cowardice on your part is my reason for doing this in the first place, ask the nations i'm fighting how that "run from war" policy is working out for them will you? :smug:
[/quote]

I'm standing pretty firmly. The best part? I'm not complaining.

edit: on a very much related note: if I can figure out how to work sigs and get it to function, can I borrow your sig graphic?

Edited by Cellardoor

Just to be clear, since you jumped from the larger alliances (3 times, avoiding war at least once, btw) to a very small one, should I expect any public blowback for attacking you, or am i good to go? Curbstomps and all, you know.

[quote name='lazaraus45' date='18 July 2010 - 02:23 PM' timestamp='1279477419' post='2377419']

[/quote]

Why would I hit the declare war button?

My nation would be like fuel for the fire when we've got plenty of people to handle you... don't worry, you'll be attacked before long by us cowards.

[quote name='lonewolfe2015' date='18 July 2010 - 07:44 PM' timestamp='1279478632' post='2377485']
you'll be attacked before long by us cowards.
[/quote]

i doubt that seeing as the cowards refers to a specific group of nations, i don't think that of all of NB

[quote name='lazaraus45' date='18 July 2010 - 02:47 PM' timestamp='1279478819' post='2377495']
i doubt that seeing as the cowards refers to a specific group of nations, i don't think that of all of NB
[/quote]

We are all NB.

E: For the record, I have no problem with you hitting us, my only problem is that you have a misguided opinion that replaces strategy with cowardice. And the simple fact that Confusion ignored you publicly when I know for a fact you've been acting on behalf of him this round (feel free to disprove me though) based on you attacking the guy who hit him for Confusion spying the guy's nuke. Pretty lame to attack someone for defending himself from a spy.

Edited by lonewolfe2015

[quote name='lazaraus45' date='18 July 2010 - 12:50 PM' timestamp='1279479016' post='2377509']
:/ i think you misread that

i'm saying that i don't think NB as a whole are cowards, just the ones who avoided war

EDIT: who are you refering to in that second paragraph?
[/quote]

We were watching the entire little altercation where confusion got caught spying and everything that happened after it.

don't ever underestimate our focus on a meaningless game. It's quite strong :)

[quote name='lazaraus45' date='18 July 2010 - 02:50 PM' timestamp='1279479016' post='2377509']
:/ i think you misread that

i'm saying that i don't think NB as a whole are cowards, just the ones who avoided war

EDIT: who are you refering to in that second paragraph?
[/quote]

You were not the one who attacked the nuke rogue on Marcus? Must have misread your name then... ah well.

And no, I didn't misread it. Everyone in Nordic Ballers besides Freudenschade (if he didn't leave yet?) is Nordic Baller, and has been acting upon our request. So if you think Betamax are cowards, you'll find they are very much warriors to the core that have been acting by their government's requests this round.

Cowards are the people who are afraid to fight, not the people who follow orders.

Does the Assassin get called a coward for not going to war and choosing his targets ever so carefully based on what is asked of him? Poor analogy possibly (usually people counter with that at least) but it's what I thought of first.

All I'm getting at is you think they are cowards, and that other people are, when all that is going on is you'll drop 5 nukes, you'll end your round, and they'll get the war we've been holding back from them. So we all win.

well you weren't focusing close enough because you have it all wrong,

i was at war with that guy first,

why do you think confusion spied his nuke away on the first place?

in short, he attacked confusion because confusion tried to defend me,

wouldn't that make it HIM acting on my behalf?

EDIT: i say cowards because their actions this round are commonly used by cowards, i believe they were acting on NB's orders, the fact of the matter is that they were avoiding war which is what i'm attacking for (that and i got bored), whether it was a strategical move or cowardice makes little difference to me

Edited by lazaraus45

[quote name='lonewolfe2015' date='18 July 2010 - 12:56 PM' timestamp='1279479372' post='2377531']
You were not the one who attacked the nuke rogue on Marcus? Must have misread your name then... ah well.

And no, I didn't misread it. Everyone in Nordic Ballers besides Freudenschade (if he didn't leave yet?) is Nordic Baller, and has been acting upon our request. So if you think Betamax are cowards, you'll find they are very much warriors to the core that have been acting by their government's requests this round.

Cowards are the people who are afraid to fight, not the people who follow orders.

Does the Assassin get called a coward for not going to war and choosing his targets ever so carefully based on what is asked of him? Poor analogy possibly (usually people counter with that at least) but it's what I thought of first.

All I'm getting at is you think they are cowards, and that other people are, when all that is going on is you'll drop 5 nukes, you'll end your round, and they'll get the war we've been holding back from them. So we all win.
[/quote]

Cosigning every word. Maybe we're thinking of someone else on the earlier round antics, though I'm not sure.

[quote name='lazaraus45' date='18 July 2010 - 12:57 PM' timestamp='1279479453' post='2377532']
well you werent' focusing close enough because you have it all wrong,

i was at war with that guy first,

why do you think confusion spied his nuke away on the first place?

in short, he attacked confusion because confusion tried to defend me,

wouldn't that make it HIM acting on my behalf?
[/quote]
Didn't see LW's initial explanation. I just meant that you guys were acting in concert. Sorry for the confusion.

[quote name='lazaraus45' date='18 July 2010 - 12:50 PM' timestamp='1279479016' post='2377509']
i'm saying that i don't think NB as a whole are cowards, just the ones who avoided war[/quote]
Kind of an interesting (and unfair) double edge for NB presented here.

In the other thread they are being accused of a cowardly curbstomp in the war against the Abyss. In this one they are being accused of cowardice for not doing enough stomping in the war against the Abyss. Guess they just can't make anyone happy. Well, except themselves and LE, of course.

Lazarus, you, Frostie and ReadyFireAim all need to go bowling together. Then, together, you can all figure out what it is that you want NB to do for you. After all, that's obviously what you figure they're here for. Whatever it is YOU want them to do. Have fun with that, k?

The beer's on me (it's one of my bonus resources :) )

we were working together earlier in the round, what are friends for?

but this has nothing to do with him, though i have nothing to disprove that and i can see why you would think that, regardless i'm not sure it matters,

also, i;m well aware of how my nation ends up at then end of this fight, i'm not looking to win this, i just figure i may as well go out with a bang :D

EDIT: clash where did i call NB cowards? i said the opposite of that :/

OOC cellardoor did you steal my sig? O.o

Edited by lazaraus45

[quote name='lazaraus45' date='18 July 2010 - 03:07 PM' timestamp='1279480044' post='2377556']
we were working together earlier in the round, what are friends for?

but this has nothing to do with him, though i have nothing to disprove that and i can see why you would think that, regardless i'm not sure it matters,

also, i;m well aware of how my nation ends up at then end of this fight, i'm not looking to win this, i just figure i may as well go out with a bang :D
[/quote]

I can drink to that (thanks Clash) so long as we're all on the same page here now, then I'll say good luck and a good fight to you.

Although for the record, if I were in your shoes roguing this early is quite boring, I remember back in the day when we had real cowards who didn't fight the entire round as an alliance... those were the ones to rogue. I wonder if King Adam is out there anywhere reading this, cause he's certainly not playing or he's just too smart for me to catch him anymore, I remember our fight once upon a time.

Oooh, that was the round I had a WRC too...

Someone wake me up from nostalgia land. Before long I'll be expecting Tibs to come in here and tell me I'm doing everything wrong, I might freak out if he did that.

Anyways, back to your regularly scheduled programming.