GGA: Flag Updates, Charter Updates, Dementual Doctrine

I don't particularly care, but i spotted something amiss in the new doctrine and i gave some friendly advice on how to fix it.

As GGA Emperor you can put in any system you want, but surely you don't want a system that's flawed?
If you want to introduce a system to allow your members to actively judge government then you should realize that such a system is nothing but hot air unless it involves both upper and lower government.

If you aim to improve, do not settle for a system which is flawed.

Edit: for the record, chaosplayer (partisan) and a post full of sarcasm does not equal success of a system.

Edited by Andre27

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Andre27' date='05 July 2010 - 12:37 AM' timestamp='1278286631' post='2359770']
I don't particularly care, but i spotted something amiss in the new doctrine and i gave some friendly advice on how to fix it.

As GGA Emperor you can put in any system you want, but surely you don't want a system that's flawed?
If you want to introduce a system to allow your members to actively judge government then you should realize that such a system is nothing but hot air unless it involves both upper and lower government.

If you aim to improve, do not settle for a system which is flawed.

Edit: for the record, chaosplayer (partisan) and a post full of sarcasm does not equal success of a system.
[/quote]

You know, Sometimes people make jokes :rolleyes:
It seems quite clear to me that Dem is messing around here.

[quote name='Partisan' date='05 July 2010 - 01:48 AM' timestamp='1278287304' post='2359776']
You know, Sometimes people make jokes :rolleyes:
It seems quite clear to me that Dem is messing around here.
[/quote]

That much was obvious. I fail to see the reason for Dementual's irritation ( i interpret his failure to address the comments i made as irritation) especially since these comments are made as suggestions to help you improve upon your doctrine (actually fix it).

B.t.w. Partisan if Kenfolk smells funny then you should stop hiding his deodorant.. and allow him to take a shower from time to time.

Edited by Andre27

[quote name='Andre27' date='04 July 2010 - 04:56 PM' timestamp='1278287774' post='2359787']
That much was obvious. I fail to see the reason for Dementual's irritation ( i interpret his failure to address the comments i made as irritation) especially since these comments are made as suggestions to help you improve upon your doctrine (actually fix it).
[/quote]
Oh, I'm not irritated. I just don't actually agree with any of your opinions on how I should run my alliance.

Usually the better way to help "fix" anything is by giving the creator a query or message in private. It tends to be viewed as annoying when you bash into a thread like this. If you really care, you'll try that next time.

Real men don't use deodorant.

Edited by Partisan

[quote name='Dementual' date='05 July 2010 - 01:59 AM' timestamp='1278287951' post='2359792']
Oh, I'm not irritated. I just don't actually agree with any of your opinions on how I should run my alliance.
[/quote]

Then by all means refute my arguments with your own. If you believe so strongly for the new doctrine to be without flaws, you should have no problems to give a factual motivation for your decision to use the doctrine in its current format.

Why do you feel that the current doctrine is superior to a doctrine with the amendments i suggested (extending the challenge to upper government as well).

[quote name='Andre27' date='04 July 2010 - 05:08 PM' timestamp='1278288485' post='2359801']
Then by all means refute my arguments with your own. If you believe so strongly for the new doctrine to be without flaws, you should have no problems to give a factual motivation for your decision to use the doctrine in its current format.

Why do you feel that the current doctrine is superior to a doctrine with the amendments i suggested (extending the challenge to upper government as well).
[/quote]
My reasoning for why the Doctrine is how it is, is written within the Doctrine.

I'd really love to debate with you about something that doesn't really have anything to do with you, but I've just got so many other things to do, such as carrying on with my life. No offense.

Do you not know that as Emperor of the GGA you are not allowed to "have a life" ;)

Anyway this whole thing could/would have stayed with a single post with a suggestion had a member of the GGA upper government not stated that those changes were too much like Democracy.

Democracy being: giving the members of the GGA a voice which was, i assume, why the doctrine was introduced in the first place.

Good luck folks.
If you ever want to make an amendment to the doctrine you know where to find some suggestions.

@Partisan: i guess you've been hibernating [url="http://iminister.blogspot.com/2007/05/real-men-dont-stink.html"]Real men Don't Stink[/url]

[quote name='Rickyman1984' date='04 July 2010 - 07:04 PM' timestamp='1278295454' post='2359875']
I love a (well-implemented) challenge system. Having inactive Gov while people are waiting in the wings sucks the life out of an alliance like few other things. Who knows whether or not yours will work worth a damn, but might as well try.
[/quote]
If it doesn't work, then it was an experiment worth trying I think. The concept is good, and I hope to see it perform well in practice as well. :)

[IMG]http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r160/qinqe/Republic%20of%20Qinqe/AS6qinqeHDR.png[/IMG]

I am unsure what GGA is doing but whatever it is, you need to keep doing it. Your membership numbers have stabilized, your average strength has increased almost 2K in the past three months and if you maintain such growth with stability, your current strength of 916,854 is within striking distance of the 1 million milestone. I can only surmise that the Dementual Doctrine may be another decision in a series which leads the GGA on its pathway to recovery. I personally congratulate you.

[IMG]http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r160/qinqe/CN%20Personal/AS6scriptSigBlk.png[/IMG]
Antonio Salovega VI
Guazabara'guani
La República de Qinqe

[size="1"][color="#8B0000"]The above commentary is the personal opinion of the author and does not reflect the position of his alliance[/color][/size]

While I don't agree with the new doctrine, I agree with its spirit and intent.

That aside, I'm glad to see that GGA has stabilized and is improving like Antonio has pointed out. Question remains is can this success continue? Only time will tell.