The Cake is a Lie, but the Anniversary is Real

[center][IMG]http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn61/joey67500/LBAMcopy.png[/IMG]

[img]http://i823.photobucket.com/albums/zz151/GeorgeHom/Other%20CN%20Proof/birthdayannounce.jpg[/img][/center]
[size="5"][center]The Cake is a Lie, but the Anniversary is Real[/center][/size]

Friends, Bobians, Random homeless people; Lend me your ears, For today I bring news.

1/20 of a score years ago, Menotah was founded. Menotah has been an alliance of its members, one that has stuck together and thrives on friendship, truth, and honor. As some of you may remember,... okay no one except Menotah and their allies, but as we remember, this is the second time we hit 1 million, but we felt it so necessary to hit 1 million on our 1 year mark, we kicked a bunch of people out and started over.

So it is my great pleasure to honor those who have made Menotah what it is today. If you want, you can skip to the part where I summarize everything, this is just thank yous and such, *WARNING* skipping has been known to cause detrimental side effects such as... nausea, paralysis, vaporization followed by death and delayed instantaneous combustion.

Athens, well, despite the tension between Athens and the forming Menotah, that situation helped us. It gave us the camaraderie and the strength to persevere. I’m glad things have been resolved between us.

Fireblade, you’ve been a Godsend for this alliance, you’ve worked your hardest and did your best and I’m glad to call you my friend.

DerKaiser, you were a lean, mean recruiting machine, but we had to part ways. Now as you know, I may not approve of the way you left, but I’m glad you’re happy over at NNK.

CDT Members past and present, you helped us get on our feet and you've kept us moving. I'll always be grateful for that.

NOIR, you guys are always there for us and I’m so glad we have ya.

The rest of our awesome allies, thank you so much, without you, we’d be dead… Seriously.

Mia, Jarkko, and TOOL, I’ve known most of you for a long time also, and I’m grateful the help you’ve given. I’m glad that we can be friends and it was nice being a TOOL protectorate, even just for a little.

Ezko, you certainly helped with your composure and your experience. Glad to have you.

Bradford, you are one of the most active people I know and I’m thankful that you’re in Menotah, without you we’d be …. Well not one million today.

General Tso, you’re the lurking adviser to us all, and you’re pretty darn good at it.

Zerocool, thanks for your unlimited dedication and your work ethic.

TheFellow, the energy you have for making Menotah the best is endless and spreads to us all.

King D, you’re the hyper little neighborhood kid but you get so much done, and since I know you want me to say it. YOU DO AIDS!

Lord Razzia, thanks for your early IA work you helped us grow and learn.

El Beardo, and ArchSchnitz, thank you for stepping up and taking interest in this alliance, it is members like you that make this alliance the strong community it is.

The Members of Menotah, all of you have made this happen, you are what make us an alliance I’m proud to call my own.

We honor the memory of the friends whose paths have led elsewhere.
We treasure the many folks who have been with us from the start.
We embrace the newer members who bring fresh ideas and energy to the party.

Just as we thank the individual nations without whom Menotah would be just drunken plans scribbled on a cocktail napkin from some airport bar, we also thank the alliances - friends and friendly rivals alike - who have guided us to where are today.

So without further ado, I present Menotah, one year old and one million in strength!

[quote]We honor the memory of the friends whose paths have led elsewhere.[/quote]

Like me?

I admitted it joey, i did spy on one or two of Menotah nations.. but the typical CDT way of dealing with trivial things (Crying like a baby and demanding ridiculous reps (EVEN IF NO DAMAGE HAS BEEN MADE) is a bit stupid )

Im not too surprised that your STILL only at 1 Million NS after a year.. I remember ACDC was building on 3 Million NS and it wasnt even 6 months old.. (Yes, it was built on 2 older dying alliances.. but if i remember correctly, so was Menotah?)

Wouldnt say i could congratulate you for your "Achievement", since the majority of your alliance was built up from past alliances's, which were led by different people.

Its a shame, still people will try to cling to power, even if it means salvaging a dead alliance..

Much of what CDT is to be brutally honest... So many small alliances.. so many power-hungry 'leaders'

oh well, life goes on..

[img]http://i34.tinypic.com/2elxr4o.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Terminal' date='30 June 2010 - 04:29 PM' timestamp='1277940528' post='2355913']
Like me?

I admitted it joey, i did spy on one or two of Menotah nations.. but the typical CDT way of dealing with trivial things (Crying like a baby and demanding ridiculous reps (EVEN IF NO DAMAGE HAS BEEN MADE) is a bit stupid )
[/quote]
That is not for you to decide, your actions were unacceptable, we dealt with them appropriately.

[quote]Im not too surprised that your STILL only at 1 Million NS after a year.. I remember ACDC was building on 3 Million NS and it wasnt even 6 months old.. (Yes, it was built on 2 older dying alliances.. but if i remember correctly, so was Menotah?)[/quote]
No, Menotah was founded from the ashes of The Dark Evolution. Those who became a part of Menotah did so because they wanted to, despite TDE's intention of merging with Athens.

[quote]
Wouldnt say i could congratulate you for your "Achievement", since the majority of your alliance was built up from past alliances's, which were led by different people.[/quote]
Wrong.

[quote]Its a shame, still people will try to cling to power, even if it means salvaging a dead alliance..[/quote]
That may be so, but it has little to do with us. Great leaders do not seek power, they have it thrust upon them. The people who lead Menotah do so because they are good at what they do.

[quote]Much of what CDT is to be brutally honest... So many small alliances.. so many power-hungry 'leaders'

oh well, life goes on..[/quote]
Perhaps you should clarify further.

Edited by Fireblade

[quote name='Terminal' date='30 June 2010 - 06:29 PM' timestamp='1277940528' post='2355913']Wouldnt say i could congratulate you for your "Achievement", since the majority of your alliance was built up from past alliances's, which were led by different people.[/quote]
Is that not what every single alliance in CN is? You should be ashamed for even saying that.

[quote name='Terminal' date='30 June 2010 - 06:29 PM' timestamp='1277940528' post='2355913']Much of what CDT is to be brutally honest... So many small alliances.. so many power-hungry 'leaders'[/quote]
We like our power, I mean, we get so much of it too. Look at UCN, struggling for it's life just nom'ing on that power. Please keep your hilariously inaccurate political ideals to yourself, we are a very nice community that like hanging out on the same block.

Unless you're in the party, don't talk like you're in it. You're padding your ego right now.

[quote name='Terminal' date='30 June 2010 - 04:29 PM' timestamp='1277940528' post='2355913']
[/quote]

Wow that post looked a lot like crying like a baby to me. By your logic you must be a member of CDT :P