Currency Types Not Matching

Chee Auer

Under the Population Information and Financial sections of the View My Nation and Extended View screens, you have a large amount of information about money (gross income per day, individual taxes per day, government surplus etc.)

However, I have my Currency Type set to Pounds(£), and all of this information is being displayed in Dollars($)

Is this deliberate? If so, I can't find a single place where money isn't measured in dollars, and this would seem to defeat the point of being able to change currency types

I know this is fairly trivial, but it's really annoying me now that I've noticed it. And sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere; I did search for it before posting

Like the extraneous "s" at the end of Yen, and the non-usage of the currency symbol for same (written either '円' or '¥'), this has been hashed into the ground a few times.

[quote name='Fizzydog' date='15 June 2010 - 01:49 PM' timestamp='1276634933' post='2338613']
Well, your "currency" is just for roleplay. The game calculates your money in dollars. Stuff like pounds woul require way too much coding.
[/quote]

Coding of *exchange rates* would be *too annoying*, but coding it to display different symbols or alter the plural form to match the correct pluralization wouldn't be (by comparison anyway), all that difficult.

Edited by Sakura

[quote name='Sakura' date='15 June 2010 - 10:02 PM' timestamp='1276635733' post='2338629']
Coding of *exchange rates* would be *too annoying*, but coding it to display different symbols or alter the plural form to match the correct pluralization wouldn't be (by comparison anyway), all that difficult.
[/quote]

That would have been what I expected, but if this has been discussed before, a) sorry, I did search for it, and b) I'll shut up now