Regarding the Italian Fleet and Forces in the Pacific

iamthey

[center][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/iamthey/ConstructSymbol.jpg[/IMG][/center]

In the early hours of the morning, a contingent of the Pacifican naval assets charged with tracking the Fleet and forces of the Italian Remnant responsible for the nuclear attacks in Canada, reported the location and coordinates of the navy.

Intelligence demonstrated that both the Guam Installation and the Midway outposts had been partially left empty by the Italian Operations, and that the majority of the Italian forces and Personnel had boarded their fleet in midway to return to their Primary base at Guam. Seeing a unique opportunity, the Pacifican Navy took the opportunity to launch a surprise attack utilizing our long range anti-naval missiles to demolish the fleet. Due to the energy levels associated with the weapons and the thorough nature of the ambush, it is believed that the personnel aboard in total perished with no survivors. Moreover, as the skies remained dark, and the site itself was in the middle of the ocean miles from any island, a search for survivors was deemed infeasible.

In coordination with the strike, our 1st Corp of our rapid mobilization army deployed to both sites quickly catching the skeleton staff by surprise, and rendering any attempt to utilize the island’s defenses untenable. Nonetheless the valiance of the Italians held strong and at both sites all personnel refused to surrender. As no country remains for them to be returned to all bodies were sent for cremation, the personal effects confiscated by the Pacifican State.

In accordance with our own lease contract with the former Italian Government, Greater Pacifica hereby Reclaims the Guam Facility, and in accordance with our own Pacific territorial doctrines, we hereby re-incorporate Midway into our holdings.

Edited by iamthey

"Why was it necessary to murder thousands of people when you simply could have arrested them, or asked for a nation to have them deported to? Why was it necessary to destroy the ships when they could be sold, donated, or recycled?"

[quote name='Sargun' date='09 June 2010 - 03:55 PM' timestamp='1276095286' post='2330145']
"Why was it necessary to murder thousands of people when you simply could have arrested them, or asked for a nation to have them deported to? Why was it necessary to destroy the ships when they could be sold, donated, or recycled?"
[/quote]

Greater Pacifica made no official response, though a prominent pundit responded to a similar question on a political commentary program.

[i]"Well obviously the situation was more complex than your question assumes it to be. This wasn't some simple gang of criminals, or a group within the confines of an otherwise sovereign nation, it was an organized rogue military force. This presents multiple issues.

1 They were military forces fortified behind an advanced fleet, and highly developed and fortified base. Moreover, they were hostile to anyone who attempted to approach or otherwise interfere with them. How do you suppose the state would enforce a deportation order, or an arrest without the use of military force? And if the Italian remnant refused to surrender, or fired on ships attempting to board? Why should Pacifica sacrifice the lives of its citizens, and soldiers to see if a group, that most consider terrorists, is willing to be arrested or deported? They saw an opportunity to eliminate the bulk of their army, as well as their navy and air force- and they took it. While its regrettable that many seamen, and members of the staff perished, they remained a part of that force by choice, and they did so understanding the risks of their association.

2. Lets not forget that this force was also responsible for multiple nuclear attacks on innocent population centers, and remained in possession of nuclear, chemical, and biological weaponry in addition to their own conventional forces. An open attack, or indication of military action was too great a risk, an innovative and cunning strategy was necessary in thwarting any additional loss of life.

So to simply answer your stated question, they were a sizable hostile force in a war. While there are certainly more practical alternatives hindsight is always 20 20, we should simply be glad a glaring threat in the pacific has been eliminated."[/i]

Another pundit who could be seen sitting to the left of the first, he was wearing a shiny tinfoil hat, and along the bottom of the television screen it read 'Representative and spokesperson of realtruth.org'.

[i]"I personally don't believe a word of the story. Sure there were probably many deaths in the take over of Guam/midway, and the attacks on the Italian navy probably rendered thousands dead, but everyone dying- fighting to the last man, sounds like !@#$%^&* to me. I think it's a cover up, I think those that did survive or surrender were just disappeared by the Pacifician Government- whisked away to a black site to be interrogated, or otherwise tortured for secrets about the Italian Federation and their Intelligence network.

In fact it may not have even been a government action it all. Its possible it was actually a small group acting within the state, maybe a the cabal of international financiers, I've said it before their top operative here in our government is the Crown Prince himself, Michael Atervier, perhaps they had significant investment returns riding on the reclamation of Guam/Midway. This may have been just the most convenient and efficient way of getting the job done. Destroy the navy... rapidly drop troops in kill everyone ect. Simple and effective.

I've even heard about lights seen over the ocean and several odd radar phenomenons, it may be possible this is the work of an extraterrestrial presence cooperating with the Pacifican government officials. Pacifica gets its land back, and the alien civilization acquires new experimental subjects and their possessions."[/i]

[quote name='Zoot Zoot' date='09 June 2010 - 04:14 PM' timestamp='1276096475' post='2330162']
Was it necessary for them to murder three million civilians with cowardly nuclear attacks?

The Imperium would like Damians body sent o the Imperium so my people can see the monster who destroyed their lives.
[/quote]

We will certainly comply with this request if it is possible. However, we believe that Damians was not among those killed at Guam or Midawy but was in fact aboard the capital ship of their fleet. Given the nature of the strike on their fleet is probable that his body was entirely destroyed. In either case it is now at the bottom of the ocean and well out of reach of any craft we currently have available.

Edited by iamthey

[quote name='Sargun' date='09 June 2010 - 09:01 AM' timestamp='1276099255' post='2330209']
"Yes, that's all and good, but they only assaulted the Canadians, so... you know, weren't they doing us a favor in the first place?"
[/quote]
"So they were doing who a favor, exactly, by killing 3 million noncombatants?"

[quote name='Subtleknifewielder' date='09 June 2010 - 04:51 PM' timestamp='1276120265' post='2330647']
"So they were doing who a favor, exactly, by killing 3 million noncombatants?"
[/quote]
"They were Imperial Canadians. Of course."

[quote name='Sargun' date='09 June 2010 - 11:31 PM' timestamp='1276140653' post='2331159']
"We were born in the Nation of Nod and raised until just yesterday, when we revoked our citizenship because of your tyrannical practices."

OOC: :v: technically he wouldn't be your citizen
[/quote]

OOC: I love it.

IC:

[i]"Well then it is fortunate that we do not hold ourselves to be Saints, putting the world before our own needs.... But you already know that, don't you?"[/i]