From the Cold North

I sort of feel that I have to get in here and wish you the best of luck too, both for the Swedishness and for the Blackness (best of both worlds?) :)

[quote name='Sigrun Vapneir' date='24 May 2010 - 11:29 PM' timestamp='1274740151' post='2310566']
[font="Impact"][size="4"][font="Arial Black"][size="5"]Gratis och heja, Sveariken!

Skål! [/size][/font]

[size="1"](Obligatory translation: Congratulations and hail, Swedish Empire; Cheers!)[/size][/size][/font]
[/quote]
No, no, and no -- this will not do at all, I am downgrading your score on the report card.

* Gratis = for free, without cost (you are thinking of Grattis, which indeed is congratulations; as in Grattis på födelsedagen = Happy birthday)

* Heja = not really hail at all, but more a general "cheering" (as if saying "go team, go" etc)

* Sveariken = you are thinking of Svearike (the -n there indicates plural, "the Swedish empires" if you will)

See me after class :((

:P

[quote name='Louisa' date='25 May 2010 - 05:47 AM' timestamp='1274762802' post='2311008']
I sort of feel that I have to get in here and wish you the best of luck too, both for the Swedishness and for the Blackness (best of both worlds?) :)

No, no, and no -- this will not do at all, I am downgrading your score on the report card.

* Gratis = for free, without cost (you are thinking of Grattis, which indeed is congratulations; as in Grattis på födelsedagen = Happy birthday)

* Heja = not really hail at all, but more a general "cheering" (as if saying "go team, go" etc)

* Sveariken = you are thinking of Svearike (the -n there indicates plural, "the Swedish empires" if you will)

See me after class :((

:P
[/quote]

So...ever thought of joining a Swedish alliance? :ehm:

Jag tycker om IKEA möbelSTUFF och svensk tjej(er?), what do you think of my epic swedish skillz?

(Because I'm a Finn I can't publicly tell that I like you swedes so let's just keep this between the two of us.)

Good luck with this, I see you don't have any language restrictions so this might get really big.

TRANSLATION FOR THE SWEDISH PART: I LIKE IKEA FURNITURESTUFF AND SWEDISH GIRLS. I'M PRETTY SURE IT SAYS THAT.

Edited by Takku