Sanctions as a Weapon

Sephiroth

[quote name='El Hefe' date='19 April 2010 - 02:18 AM' timestamp='1271657886' post='2266010']
I remember having read this at least once before in the thread and I just gotta say... does NOBODY remember the debacle on the red sphere when Vox Populi waged war on NPO using King Zog as their senator...?
[/quote]
I also remember despite all the fighting on orange against each other everyone made sure not to use them as a weapon and keep it separate.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[center]Don't You All Realize[/center]
[center]That Sanctions Are A Weapon[/center]
[center]Haiku Teach Lessons[/center]

[quote name='Methrage' date='19 April 2010 - 08:31 AM' timestamp='1271658666' post='2266017']
The Citadel has now reached an Avg NS of 35,567 NS, clearly we are doing better than when this all started.
[/quote]

Yes, because Jamez switching to your AA isn't a completely hilarious move to spite you. :lol1:

[quote name='nippy' date='19 April 2010 - 02:33 AM' timestamp='1271658805' post='2266018']
Yes, because Jamez switching to your AA isn't a completely hilarious move to spite you. :lol1:
[/quote]
He has been granted full membership and went through the application process.

[quote name='Methrage' date='19 April 2010 - 08:35 AM' timestamp='1271658904' post='2266022']
He has been granted full membership and went through the application process.
[/quote]

Awesome. You should send him some start-up aid.

[color="#0000FF"][font="Times New Roman"]Actually, nippy, I have come to believe in his cause. While I don't agree with him interfering with the CSA war, Sanctioning him was an absurd move and tricking him out of an aid slot was completely over the line. I'm through pushing the GOONS's ruthless war machine.[/font][/color]

[quote name='ktarthan' date='19 April 2010 - 02:51 AM' timestamp='1271659886' post='2266038']
Jamez, what exactly is going on? I'll be contacting you on IRC.
[/quote]
Another person sees GOONS for what they really are thanks to this ordeal is whats going on, just as many others are seeing.

[center]Jamez Left Goons Today![/center]
[center]Why Would He Do That To Us?[/center]
[center]Haiku Win You Back?[/center]

[quote name='Methrage' date='19 April 2010 - 01:54 AM' timestamp='1271660064' post='2266040']
Another person sees GOONS for what they really are thanks to this ordeal is whats going on, just as many others are seeing.
[/quote]
You've really outdone yourself this time.

EDIT: In before you ragequit once things play out

Edited by MNNorthStars

[center][color="#008000"][font="Times New Roman"]No longer oppressed-
All GOONS are negligent
and silly sadists.[/font][/color][/center]

[color="#008000"][font="Times New Roman"]While I appreciate the haiku, the answer is no, unfortunately. Sorry guys this is something I have to do.[/font][/color]

All the tears are heart breaking, they really are. However we are two members now, do you now recognize the Citadel as an alliance? GOONS said I was on my own and a rogue as the main reason to request a sanction on black.

[quote name='Methrage' date='19 April 2010 - 12:14 AM' timestamp='1271661226' post='2266055']
All the tears are heart breaking, they really are. However we are two members now, do you now recognize the Citadel as an alliance? GOONS said I was on my own and a rogue as the main reason to request a sanction on black.
[/quote]
Come now, I know you've read our charter. You already know the answer to this question.

[quote name='ktarthan' date='19 April 2010 - 03:22 AM' timestamp='1271661758' post='2266061']
Come now, I know you've read our charter. You already know the answer to this question.
[/quote]
Its decided in the closet as your charter words it and an alliance will mean whatever you want at the moment depending on whats convenient. I know what it says.

[quote name='Methrage' date='19 April 2010 - 12:26 AM' timestamp='1271661945' post='2266062']
Its decided in the closet as your charter words it and an alliance will mean whatever you want at the moment depending on whats convenient. I know what it says.
[/quote]
Right. And how, exactly, would recognizing you as an alliance right now be convenient for GOONS?

[quote name='ktarthan' date='19 April 2010 - 03:27 AM' timestamp='1271662045' post='2266063']
Right. And how, exactly, would recognizing you as an alliance right now be convenient for GOONS?
[/quote]
I don't know, with how the CSA situation panned out it seemed to tie your hands. Maybe its best you don't, but you should still have Umbrella remove the sanctions. Already my trades are almost full, just one more to fill after leaving black, by using the black senate this way you're only devaluing it.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Methrage' date='19 April 2010 - 12:29 AM' timestamp='1271662139' post='2266066']
I don't know, with how the CSA situation panned out it seemed to tie your hands. Maybe its best you don't, but you should still have Umbrella remove the sanctions.
[/quote]
We recognized CSA from the beginning, because that was what we felt was right. However that is neither here nor there - it has absolutely no bearing on your sanction, and its status has not changed in the slightest.