Large-scale tech deals, formats

winstonopai

As a large tech seller (1,000 tech sold over 63 days), I would never accept anything else than single slot deals. Sure, it requires you to find buyers that'll pay 3M/100 tech, but after they've sent me the money they don't have to think about it anymore. Imho, to use more than one slot for a deal is a complete waste. If we calculate it over a months period, 5 single slot deals would give the buyer 5*100=500 tech, while, for instance, a diamond and a 2-on-2 per period (Those two uses 5 slots in total), would only give the buyer (100*3)+(50*3)=450 tech, and which much hassle.

Correct, or 600T/month with a DRA.

If you think this is too expensive, you're not big enough to be buying tech yet. Sell it, buy more infra.

The only trick with 30-day deals is that you need to find trustworthy folks to buy from.

The Grämlins are also doing large scale tech deals, all on a 10 day basis.

The smallest deal we do is 600 tech (transfered on a single day every 10 days), the largest we got so far is 2000 tech (again, transfered on a single day).

It usually works best to split it into smaller parts (either 600 or 1200 tech for one day of transfer) for easier organisation.

Alliances interested can contact me with an ingame PM ;) But be aware that while we pay a good price we also expect good service, meaning fast tech delivery (those transfers should really work on a single day, we are very proud on our aid slot efficiency and every day delay in a tech transfer results in wasted aid slot time).

Btw, I'm swamped with Small Nations in Atlantis again... right now have 17 Small Nations waiting on a deal, and no large nations currently looking for tech. Crap! I'm going to have to set up another mega-deal or something. I'm willing to try other formats (lots of smaller 3x3 deals?) or styles (17 seperate 10-day one-aid-slot deals) or anything. As with this deal, I will demand some sort of fee (for the alliance, not me) for the use of all our small nations, but that can be worked out later. If any alliances are interested in buying a whole lotta tech (cough cough Gramlins...?...) go ahead and contact me. Gramlins - I'm happy to let you all set this up with your system, as I know it works, however you do it.

If you're having a hard time selling tech because of a lack of buyers, perhaps you should lower the price a bit then. I know I personally would be more inclined to buy a lot of tech if it was cheaper than what it usually costs. The less it costs, the more demand there will be to buy it. You need to find that equilibrium point that maximizes profit by balancing your supply with the current demand.

If you're having a hard time selling tech because of a lack of buyers, perhaps you should lower the price a bit then. I know I personally would be more inclined to buy a lot of tech if it was cheaper than what it usually costs. The less it costs, the more demand there will be to buy it. You need to find that equilibrium point that maximizes profit by balancing your supply with the current demand.

That's a great point, and I have used such principles in the past. Our price used to be 1.3, then up to 1.5, and now down to 1.4. However, I don't think lowering the price would make any difference in this instance. Most of the large nations purchasing tech don't notice the 100k difference (for example, I make 8 million a day - I'm happy to donate 100k more to small nations!), but the small nations on the receiving end really can use the extra cash. In the past month, Atlantis has been flooded with new applicants (pun not intended... but still funny :P). With all the new nations, I think we're going to have an imbalance no matter what price I make deals. Until some of these small nations start to grow into larger nations, I'm going to have to just keep making inter-alliance tech deals.

Our current 20x20 deal is in progress (about 10 nations have sent the cash today), but is taking longer than I expected.

Correct, or 600T/month with a DRA.

If you think this is too expensive, you're not big enough to be buying tech yet. Sell it, buy more infra.

The only trick with 30-day deals is that you need to find trustworthy folks to buy from

With a DRA, the two deals are identical. You can participate in two quick 3x3/4x4 deals, making 100 tech in each. Then, ten and twenty days later, do the same, for a total of 600 tech. The results of that are the same as sending 3 mill to six nations and awaiting 50 tech from each nation after 10 and 20 days. Assuming you aren't scammed, the results are identical.

The Grämlins are also doing large scale tech deals, all on a 10 day basis.

The smallest deal we do is 600 tech (transfered on a single day every 10 days), the largest we got so far is 2000 tech (again, transfered on a single day).

It usually works best to split it into smaller parts (either 600 or 1200 tech for one day of transfer) for easier organisation.

Alliances interested can contact me with an ingame PM But be aware that while we pay a good price we also expect good service, meaning fast tech delivery (those transfers should really work on a single day, we are very proud on our aid slot efficiency and every day delay in a tech transfer results in wasted aid slot time).

Interesting. Do you really manage to complete the deal in 1 day? Do all the buyers send cash immediately after update? And what if one of the small nations involved is a day late? But I will PM you :)

Interesting. Do you really manage to complete the deal in 1 day? Do all the buyers send cash immediately after update? And what if one of the small nations involved is a day late? But I will PM you :)

Yes, if the recipient of the 3m packs have free slots and deleted their expired slots manually. The not deleted expired slots are a pain in the A**.

Current amount of tech transfered to Grämlins in the last 10days ~6k (alliance and private deals)