The Death of Steve

lonewolfe2015

[quote name='lonewolfe2015' date='16 March 2010 - 11:27 PM' timestamp='1268796794' post='2227965']
What do you mean? Everything I just said was to encourage more war.

Also, the Villain idea fails because everyone and their grandmothers are moralists these days. Anyone worth a damn doesn't have the time to properly villainize TE.
[/quote]
Because, you're limiting the ammount of damage. If anything they need to increase it. Also, keep the flag it's a good idea.

So I'm a moralist now?

What would be good for the game is if you could deploy troops once for each war that has been declared on you, thus giving the defender a better chance to counter attack raids.

making econ wonders easier to purchase and or reducing the number of trades needed to gain Bonus Resources as there are fewer players in TE in turn makes the pool smaller to pick from.

I'm not saying all the suggestions about changes to the way TE works aren't good ideas. Some of them are. Some of them I definitely agree with. But there is an entire forum for suggestions of changes to TE right over here:
http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showforum=75

I highly encourage people to go post over there and post some of these ideas. BUT. Changes to how TE (much less CN in general) functions aren't easy to get done. The idea to shorten war length to 4-5 days hasn't been approved yet - and almost everyone seems to like that one, at least from what's been posted so far. I'm sure there are excellent reasons for this, be they coding, consensus opinion, money, time or whatever. It's all just opinions and theories anyways - we all can't even agree for sure on what the problems are, much less if those are the right changes to make them better. At any rate, the point being you can't count on any of that stuff. You want something done, do it yourself.

What matters: It's always easy to suggest things for other people to do, in this case admin. However, what are all of you actually going to DO? Bullcrap walks, actions talk. Get up off your lazy butts and do something. What would be productive is posting actions that YOU, personally, will take to improve Steve. One excellent example:

[quote name='Jeb the Wise' date='18 March 2010 - 07:06 PM' timestamp='1268960745' post='2229744']
Maybe I'll go nuclear rogue on the top 3 while I still can.

Keep hugging that infra Stevians, I'm coming for you[/quote]
Jeb's going to personally punish the huggers.
That's his plan to improve Steve - and it just might work.

What are YOU gonna do?

[quote name='elborrador' date='19 March 2010 - 05:19 PM' timestamp='1269019136' post='2230364']
Steve died when Murder Inc. died. Apparently you didn't get the memo.
[/quote]

And then it came back, yet Steve's still dead.

[quote name='Darth Pollard' date='19 March 2010 - 03:52 PM' timestamp='1269035505' post='2230569']
[/quote]
Actually it appears to be MI that's dead :P

[quote name='Darth Pollard' date='19 March 2010 - 05:52 PM' timestamp='1269035505' post='2230569']
[/quote]
MI never came back, not really. I didn't even want to lead it this round, but coolgreen and beazy forced me to take it over. MI wasn't really here this round, there was something that resembled something that was once a awesome alliance, but that alliance didn't come back.

Face it. This game died when the original MI died and our leaders all went !@#$% insane (not that we weren't already like that).

I see people in this thread making comments and suggestions like they actually understand what it was like to be a mover and shaker when things were actually interesting, yet i see maybe 3-4 people that can actually say they were there. The rest are people trying to act like they know what they're talking about, just taking up space.

Alliances are snapshots of their leaders. Thats why the REs and the MHAs and the TPFs all pretty much suck. Thats why Murder Inc. is innactive and decaying this round. Thats why the only truly quality alliance in this round is OP. You want the game to change, get people that know what they're doing into leadership positions for a change, get your thumbs out of your @#$% and do something. who cares if your alliance crumbles as a result? who cares if it burns? at least you would be able to say that you did something significant to progress the game, and that is a claim only a very select few individuals can make.

[quote name='elborrador' date='21 March 2010 - 03:02 PM' timestamp='1269198150' post='2232315']
Alliances are snapshots of their leaders. Thats why the REs and the MHAs and the TPFs all pretty much suck. Thats why Murder Inc. is innactive and decaying this round. Thats why the only truly quality alliance in this round is OP. You want the game to change, get people that know what they're doing into leadership positions for a change, get your thumbs out of your @#$% and do something. who cares if your alliance crumbles as a result? who cares if it burns? at least you would be able to say that you did something significant to progress the game, and that is a claim only a very select few individuals can make.
[/quote]

Basically just tried to pawn off me telling everyone to let new people rule as your own idea, congrats on pretending to be important anymore Elb.

It is easy to say another alliance sucks, it's hard to make one that is actually good, and so you still cling to the nostalgia of a dead alliance and bring down the integrity of this game further. Let MI die and give it a rest. We all know what to expect from you and it's nothing new or entertaining.

OP is only new alliance to come around lately that has sustained pressure, that is why they are good for the game. What they are bad for it about is they can build and build and build so that if they don't war during rounds then they can isolate themselves and go after the flag rather easily.

There is so much wrong with Steve, but you are doing nothing to help it so if you won't submit good ideas or work towards bettering it, why do you even bother posting in here?

[quote name='lonewolfe2015' date='21 March 2010 - 03:31 PM' timestamp='1269199863' post='2232326']
Basically just tried to pawn off me telling everyone to let new people rule as your own idea, congrats on pretending to be important anymore Elb.

It is easy to say another alliance sucks, it's hard to make one that is actually good, and so you still cling to the nostalgia of a dead alliance and bring down the integrity of this game further. Let MI die and give it a rest. We all know what to expect from you and it's nothing new or entertaining.

OP is only new alliance to come around lately that has sustained pressure, that is why they are good for the game. What they are bad for it about is they can build and build and build so that if they don't war during rounds then they can isolate themselves and go after the flag rather easily.

There is so much wrong with Steve, but you are doing nothing to help it so if you won't submit good ideas or work towards bettering it, why do you even bother posting in here?
[/quote]

i didn't bother reading the thread so get off your high horse buckaroo. I think i blatantly stated that MI is dead. I think i also blatantly stated that i honestly wanted nothing to do with ruling MI this round; i wasn't really given an option unfortunatley. I believe i also stated that is part of the reason that MI sucks this round. so your criticsm is redundant at best, but nice try maybe one day if you keep trying real hard, you'll be able to roll with the big boys.

The funniest thing of all is that if it weren't for players like beazy and CG and myself and Eden Taylor, these forums would get no action other than "HUR HUR WE CAN WAR HUR HUR". Please you talk about the old days like you actually know how things played out back then, you don't have a clue.