The UN

Arieg

The UN representative for Khislav, Ms. Chernikova, had this to say:

"I'm embarrassed in the way which the parties involved in these discussions have handled themselves. Instead of adhering to the primary objective of the United Nations - human rights and international law - we have shown that, as a world, we are not ready for the responsibility of policing ourselves. Those in this room who selfishly and single-mindedly claim they are protecting their nation's sovereignty are not only ignorant but prideful. The UN, as it stands, does not violate the independence of any of it's member nations: it merely codifies how they act beyond their own borders. Again, I am ashamed. You squabble as if children."

[quote name='Canaris' date='06 March 2010 - 01:45 PM' timestamp='1267901429' post='2216121']
The UN representative for Khislav, Ms. Chernikova, had this to say:

"I'm embarrassed in the way which the parties involved in these discussions have handled themselves. Instead of adhering to the primary objective of the United Nations - human rights and international law - we have shown that, as a world, we are not ready for the responsibility of policing ourselves. Those in this room who selfishly and single-mindedly claim they are protecting their nation's sovereignty are not only ignorant but prideful. The UN, as it stands, does not violate the independence of any of it's member nations: it merely codifies how they act beyond their own borders. Again, I am ashamed. You squabble as if children."
[/quote]

"International law only applies to those who wishes to accept it as law in their country. To sit here and insult those who do not wish to be a part of this organization is childish. Respect goes a long way son, remember that."

[i]The unnamed man, known to his victims as Председатель (the Chairman), drifted back in to the shadows of the unknown.[/i]

[quote name='Voodoo Nova' date='06 March 2010 - 02:17 PM' timestamp='1267903328' post='2216150']
"International law only applies to those who wishes to accept it as law in their country. To sit here and insult those who do not wish to be a part of this organization is childish. Respect goes a long way son, remember that."

[i]The unnamed man, known to his victims as Председатель (the Chairman), drifted back in to the shadows of the unknown.[/i]
[/quote]

OOC: Son? I should hope that Ms. Chernikova is a daughter. Also, how can some unnamed man drift in and out of the shadows? Is he a ninja?

[quote name='Canaris' date='06 March 2010 - 09:16 PM' timestamp='1267928491' post='2216524']
OOC: Son? I should hope that Ms. Chernikova is a daughter. Also, how can some unnamed man drift in and out of the shadows? Is he a ninja?
[/quote]

OOC: It's a metaphor for a man that seemingly moves unseen in a crowd. Also, get used to that, he's going to refer to everyone as son. :P

[quote name='Voodoo Nova' date='06 March 2010 - 11:14 PM' timestamp='1267935571' post='2216630']
OOC: It's a metaphor for a man that seemingly moves unseen in a crowd. Also, get used to that, he's going to refer to everyone as son. :P
[/quote]

OOC: Voodoo you do not have a nation in this RP so please kindly do not post in IC threads. Thank you and have a nice day.

[quote name='Arieg' date='07 March 2010 - 10:47 AM' timestamp='1267977140' post='2216867']
OOC: Voodoo you do not have a nation in this RP so please kindly do not post in IC threads. Thank you and have a nice day.
[/quote]

OOC: As stated before, that has changed. However, one does not need a nation to participate in any RP. There are characters and people whom we choose to create and RP as.

IC:

The Chairman smirked as more people realized the futility of such an organization during this time.

Alba is of the opinion that international bodies require the full cooperation and participation of the entire world. This is the reason that these have failed in the past. In accordance with this position, and the fact that numerous nations have refused to join the United Nations, we hereby terminate our membership in the United Nations until such a time when the world is actually committed to peace and cooperation.