Steampunk, Clockpunk, and All That Jazz

Cybil de Blanc

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm finalizing military information. Once it's posted, I'll have it critiqued, and then, this can get rolling. We also need a map maker to get this rolling as well. :-/

As for the air elementals...I can see them gathering up bits of glass and snow to reflect light in the air and such, but I can't see them doing it, realistically, for purposes other than showing off, and maybe giving a bit of disorientation to intruders in their territory. They can, however, bring things to you, provided said thing is light enough. You'd need a [i]lot[/i] of air elementals to lift a whale carcass off a beach, for example.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really trying to get it started, but the military information is stubbornly going along. I may scrap my idea for a unique method of warfare in the setting, and just use the CNRP method with a few adaptions for the setting. Everyone all right with this?

That, and there's been lots of alternate RP ideas popping up lately, so I don't want it turn out to be a "fad" thing. I'm sure there are those who want this to go on for a long run, and not just die out within the first one or two weeks. Plus, I still need a mapmaker and a good map.

[quote name='Sargun' date='13 March 2010 - 08:56 PM' timestamp='1268539323' post='2225058']
As you suggested before, just modify the existing CNRP system to fit the times. Something too structured won't work, something too free won't work, and just completely copying won't work. Take what works first and work off that
[/quote]
Go with this, I'd say. :)

And we're [b]go![/b] :D

Feel free to start any and all RPs in the Steampunk CNRP world (once we get the map up, of course) - the guide has finally been finished. Please redirect all questions to the guide thread and use this for your OOC planning and plotting. ENJOY!

-Cybil

Edited by Cybil de Blanc

[quote name='Cybil de Blanc' date='15 March 2010 - 07:42 PM' timestamp='1268707685' post='2226865']
And we're [b]go![/b] [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif[/img]

Feel free to start any and all RPs in the Steampunk CNRP world (once we get the map up, of course) - the guide has finally been finished. Please redirect all questions to the guide thread and use this for your OOC planning and plotting. ENJOY!

-Cybil
[/quote]
Awesome!

my first thread will be up in the morning...

Also, what should the universe (for purposes of distinguising it from CNRP) be called? CNRPC? (for clockpunk)

Edited by Subtleknifewielder