Securing territory

Kevin Kingswell

*Classifed*

The nation of Nova Sol Terra had bordered the territory of the Empire of Golekh for a long time, ever since they emerged into the world, and yet the Council either didn't know or didn't care that the entire had fallen into anarchy. Riots had spread across cities as citizens rebelled from government control, the military decided to establish their own rule and the rest just tried to survive. The Council might have missed it but not the Principality.

The prince, who had until now been silent, ordered that the special forces division codenamed "Reapers" enter the nation, deal with any problems and secure the land for the Principality. They had weapons, numbers and armoured support so the prince didn't expect any problems and neither did the Reaper Commanders who had planned out the invasion.

The plan itself was quite simple, so as to avoid as many mistakes and errors and they could, the main force would enter the territory next to Nova Sol Terra by going in from the south and head straight for the old capital of the Empire. Once it was in their control they would broadcast to the leaderless people that the Principality would help anyone who required assistance as long as they agreed to follow them.

So four hours after planning had been finalised a total force of six thousand soldiers in BMP armoured personal carriers along with two hundred and twenty T-72 battle tanks stormed across the southern border of the Empire of Golekh encountering zero resistance. The time was 22:31 and it was hoped they could reach the capital in less than four hours as long as they ran into no trouble.

OOC: This is my IC RP for claiming the territory of the Empire of Golekh next to my nation. Freakwars hasn't posted in these RP forums since 18th of december.

Edited by Kevin Kingswell

The nation is perfectly fine, and they are more than capable of taking care of themselves. The Empire of Golekh had recently seen some activity as they were present at the conference at Bangkok. To continue, they have also signed the document making them an MDP partner to us.

Please remove your troops immediately from our allies territory.

Thank You, and may peace hopefully be with you.

[quote name='Biohazard' date='30 January 2010 - 09:18 PM' timestamp='1264907884' post='2146380']
OOC: As I have Satellites, I can see this.

IC:

Puerto Rico is ashamed that a nation would so cowardly invade another nation, without declaring war, formally. May the Golekhi exterminate you - and quickly.
[/quote]

OOC: I have not accepted I have Satellites so I see all for a long time, you may have them but they would be watching your own territory or any allies/enemies territory not some random area in the middle of nowhere in a nation unrelated to yours. So for now im ignoring your post.

As for a public DoW there is none Acca, I await Freakwars posting about spotting my forces and if he doesnt post in the 7 days he has left then I shall continue as if the territory had fallen into anarchy.

Luckily for the Reapers they had launched their attack under heavy cloud cover rendering any attempts to spy on them from above useless, the clouds were going to be around for many hours so they had plenty of time to finish their movements before they would be seen.

OOC: Didn't want to have to post this but guess you do what you have to do.

[quote name='Kevin Kingswell' date='01 February 2010 - 12:15 AM' timestamp='1264963516' post='2147981']
OOC: I have not accepted I have Satellites so I see all for a long time, you may have them but they would be watching your own territory or any allies/enemies territory not some random area in the middle of nowhere in a nation unrelated to yours. So for now im ignoring your post.

As for a public DoW there is none Acca, I await Freakwars posting about spotting my forces and if he doesnt post in the 7 days he has left then I shall continue as if the territory had fallen into anarchy.
[/quote]

The Kingdom of Cochin noted the aggressive deployments by Nova Sol Terra in Empire of Golekh through its network of RADSATs. Nova Sol Terra had diplomatic relations with Cochin, while Golekh had none, however Cochin would act depending on the response, if any, from Empire of Golekh.

OOC: Kevin, the rules state that since Bio has satellites he can see anything anywhere. Reconnaissance satellites are not geosynchronous, they are in low earth orbits or Polar orbits and pass over several areas of the world. So rationally it is very much possible for Bio's satellites to be over your region. As for cloud cover, such weather phenomena affects only optical/thermal reconnaissance systems, not a radar imaging system like the old Lacrosse radars. So if you start moving forces everyone with satellites can see you.

OOC: Are you going to Sri Lanka? or are you going the regional hellhole of radiation and disease capital? Its confusing cause you keep referring to the "old capital" but you never mention landing on a coast, so I am going to assume it is Burman Golekh

If Kolhar: A small unit of troops cleaning up a Scourge outbreak spotted the incoming soldiers and radioed back to the offshore HQ that some troops that they believed were advancing with hostile intent had entered the country, then they retreated as fast as they could. A unit of 10,000 men advanced into the jungle and set up ambush positions with stronger fallback points were they could rally if things went badly.

OOC: just a note, Non-Geosycn sats means they DO NOT watch everywhere they orbit CONSTANTLY. They take a picture, then on the next pass take another picture.

You gather information based on what changed between those two pictures.

If what occurred takes place after one picture, but before the next, the sat sees nothing.