Sudan Development Thread

Captain Enema

Port Sudan- Government Headquarters, Former Hyatt Hotel

Mad Dog Bob Denard looks at the men and women arrayed in front of him with a bit of skepticism. He tilts his head to one side and says, "Look, I don't know about you but simpler is better in my book."

"Sir, the people demand representation," moans a blathering liberal.

"I'm all for representation in government, but what you are proposing goes far beyond government and leaves us bogged down in an unworkable system," remarks Mad Dog Bob Denard.

"What you proposed leaves us without enough representation," snaps the blathering liberal hankey stomper.

"Look, under my plan the freedom of speech is guaranteed by the government, elections for Parliament are held ever four years, and Head of State every six years. You tell me how that is a lack of representation," asks Bob as he controls his temper?

"We need to collectivize the economy to ensure the proletariat are fairly treated," responds the dribbling dolt of a liberal who Bob wants to strangle.

"No, absolutely not, I'll shoot you in the head before that ever happens," snarls Bob.

Acting Chairman of the Sudanese Governmental Transition committee Thomas Mbombe, stands and asks, "Gentlemen we shelved the proposal for a communist style goverment about an hour ago. I say we vote, Bob's plan, yes or no for Bob's plan?"

"No," the gibbering crybaby cradle to grave liberal party pooper votes.

"Yes," votes Bob.

"Yes," votes Mbombe.

"Yes," votes another nameless guy.

"It is official, Sudan will begin creating a representative government under the timeline proposed by Mr. Denard. I assume you'll be on the ballot," Mbombe asks Bob?

"Not a chance," replies Bob.

"Understandable, and perhaps for the better given we'll need a strong figure leading our fledgling military," replies Mbombe.

"I object to the militarization of Sudan," wails the mewling Liberal.

Bob has a brief fantasy involving the liberal being fed into a meat grinder feet first before saying, "We are in the process of raising 10 rifle battalions to complement the four hundred men of the African legion."

"How long will it take to have these formations armed and ready for combat," asks Mbombe?

"One month to raise, six months to train, and a full year to arm and equip," replies Bob.

"Money won't be a problem, we've decided to dedicate a full 30 percent of our national budget for this project," replies Mbombe.

"Don't go too overboard with it sir, we'll need money yes, but not at the expense of the local infrastructure development," states Bob.

"Finally, we agree on something," spouts the liberal.

"No we don't, I just don't want to fight a war without medical, transportation, and civil support," replies Bob.

And so it went..

Government of Sudan Announcement

Within the next month, we hope, the polls will be opened to hold free and public elections to form a representative government for the people of Sudan. All will be allowed to vote providing they can prove residency under the new Sudanese Heritage and Ethnicity Act. Foreign guests will not be allowed to vote and all who have been born in Sudan, no matter what their heritage, will be allowed a vote as well. All those of African decent will be granted voting rights upon registering at the nearest Tax Office and can demonstrate they've resided within Sudan for the last five years.

Sudan will be offering several bids for weapons to equip our new military. Mr. Denard, more commonly known as Mad Dog Bob Denard, will be heading this project and has requested the following:

10,000 AKM Rifles- or equivalent

1000 Squad Automatic Weapons 7.62x54 caliber

300 82 mm Mortars

300 84 mm Recoiless rifles

4000 .45 caliber pistols

800 7.62 Precision rifles

300 APCs, (Nothing too fancy..)

100 Armored Cars (again, nothing too fancy..)

500 SUVs, Armored

1000 Utility Trucks

Training for officers, medics, specialized training for mechanics, snipers, and Special Forces.

All of this offered on generous terms with a payment plan as well.

Many Thanks,

Mr. Mbombe, Head of the Sudan Government Transition Committee

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mahindra and Mahindra quotes for the supply of the following products:

100 Armored Cars (again, nothing too fancy..) - Mahindra Axe, the work horse of Royal Cochin Defense Force, Axe is a versatile and sturdy vehicle which is now coming in armored variety.

500 SUVs, Armored - Mahindra Scorpio, the main SUV preferred by King's Guards, SWAT and Industrial Security Force.

Tatra Automotive Works quotes for the supply of the following products:

1000 Utility Trucks - TATRA 4x4 tuck, a sturdy utility truck that is designed to withstand the vagaries of a variety of climate and terrain.

Training Command, Royal Cochin Defense Forces quotes for the following contract:

Training for officers, medics, specialized training for mechanics, snipers, and Special Forces.

Mad Dog Bob Denard's Office

"Sir, the Kingdom of Cochin says..," an Aide tries to say before Bob cuts him off.

"Look son, just agree to the price. I like them boys, they took good care of us in Somal, they'll take good care of us in Sudan," snorts Bob as he goes back to drinking, heavily.

To: Mahindra and Mahindra

To: Kingdom of Cochin Training Command

Sounds good, funds will be transmitted shortly. Can we make payments every six months till completely paid off? New nation and all, but you know my reputation, I always pay my bills.

-Bob

Mad Dog Bob Denard's Office

"Sir, the Kingdom of Cochin says..," an Aide tries to say before Bob cuts him off.

"Look son, just agree to the price. I like them boys, they took good care of us in Somal, they'll take good care of us in Sudan," snorts Bob as he goes back to drinking, heavily.

To: Mahindra and Mahindra

To: Kingdom of Cochin Training Command

Sounds good, funds will be transmitted shortly. Can we make payments every six months till completely paid off? New nation and all, but you know my reputation, I always pay my bills.

-Bob

"Yes, such a payment plan is acceptable to us. The 100 Axes and 500 Scorpios are being loaded onto a VML RO/RO carrier at Porbandar port now and would arrive at a port of your choice in a fortnight. RCDF/TC would expect the first batch of trainee cadets to arrive at Cochin International Airport, from where they would be conducted to their assigned training establishment. If required, RCDF can provide transportation from Sudan to Cochin."

To: Kingdom of Cochin

Yeah it would be mighty helpful for you fellows to come fetch the trainees. Our air force is well, nonexistent to be precise. If possible, can we include a cadre of pilot-trainees as well? That way when we do purchase or build planes we'll have people ready to fly them and repair them. I'm interested in helicopter, transport, and strike aircraft pilots. With an the emphasis on transport pilots to begin with, followed by helicopter pilots, and then finally strike aircraft pilots.

Also, Port of Sudan is now open to Kingdom shipping at anytime, No tarrfs will be charged and refueling will be done at cost by the Government of Sudan as a token of our appreciation.

- Bob

Edited by Tidy Bowl Man

To: Kingdom of Cochin

Yeah it would be mighty helpful for you fellows to come fetch the trainees. Our air force is well, nonexistent to be precise. If possible, can we include a cadre of pilot-trainees as well? That way when we do purchase or build planes we'll have people ready to fly them and repair them. I'm interested in helicopter, transport, and strike aircraft pilots. With an the emphasis on transport pilots to begin with, followed by helicopter pilots, and then finally strike aircraft pilots.

Also, Port of Sudan is now open to Kingdom shipping at anytime, No tarrfs will be charged and refueling will be done at cost by the Government of Sudan as a token of our appreciation.

- Bob

Royal Cochin Defense Forces,

Kingdom of Cochin

To: Mad Dog Bob Denard

We will as specified pick the trainees from Sudan itself. As regards pilot trainees, you would have to specify what class of aircraft they are to be trained for. The Training Command (Air Force) conducts training courses for the following fixed wing transport planes - Metac, Merat and Halob and these helicopters - Bell 212, MH53, Blackhawk. As regards strike fighters we have training programs for Mig29, Su30 and the new Mig35 program. So we would like to know what planes to train them in.

As regards Port of Sudan, we thank you for the courtesy extended to us.

Yours Sincerely,

Gen. Mahesh Varma,

Commander,

RCDF.

In response to the large request for equipment for Sudanese military forces, Arctica Motor Works has confidentially provided pricing information and projected delivery dates on 10,000 AKMs and 800 SVD rifles (bulk pricing applies for the AKM order). If desired, AMW is also open to ammunition contracts.

If immediate payment is not possible for the AKM and SVD orders, AMW asks for 20% down on each order, with the remainder paid through monthly or bimonthly installments until the full amount has been collected.

In response to the large request for equipment for Sudanese military forces, Arctica Motor Works has confidentially provided pricing information and projected delivery dates on 10,000 AKMs and 800 SVD rifles (bulk pricing applies for the AKM order). If desired, AMW is also open to ammunition contracts.

If immediate payment is not possible for the AKM and SVD orders, AMW asks for 20% down on each order, with the remainder paid through monthly or bimonthly installments until the full amount has been collected.

To: Artica Motor Works

Your terms are acceptable to us, please provide account information. We'll accept delivery at Port Sudan International Airport or the Port of Sudan. We are very interested in your ammunition contracts. Any chance you can fill the rest of our weapons needs with equivalent weapons?

-Bob

To: Gen. Mahesh Varma

Let's teach them to run before they learn how to fly. Once they complete your basic indoctrination course, I'll start putting in orders for specific aircraft, and then they can be assigned to their Squadrons.

-Bob

It would be as you suggest.

Foreign Investment and Business Initiative

The Government of Sudan is pleased to announce the following scheme to encourage foreign investment and business inside of Sudan. Our business registration scheme allows a business to list the Port Sudan as their headquarters through our business registration center. You'll be fully and legally entitled to doing business within the city limits of Port Sudan. If you don't desire to do business within the confines of Port Sudan and just wish to register your company in Sudan you may use one of our growing Business Registration and Representation firms.

Dongle and Hardpole are such a firm and for a modest yearly fee they'll handle all of the paperwork required to registering a firm with the government of Sudan. Dongle and Hardpole will be your company's official point of contact inside Sudan. They'll forward all messages and calls to the desired location, no matter where it is in the world.

In order to increase foreign investment inside the Port of Sudan we are offering a ten year agreement to exempt your company from paying property and business taxes.

All information is considered secret and will only be provided to interested parties with the expressed permission of the holder of the business registration.

[b]Government of Sudan Progress Report[/b]

Port Sudan Revitalization Project:

To rebuild the roads, power, sewer, and water systems of this primary population center. Work will be commencing shortly with the initial focus on water and sewer. Bulldozers, materials, piping, and other supplies have been gathered and positioned in three central depots. Workers have been hired and organized into teams as well. Work will begin on this project within the next day or two.

Sudan Military Growth Project:

The first dispatch of trainees to the Kingdom of Cochin was sent out last week. Basic training for the new recruits to fill the Sudanese Army have begun training with the equipment purchased from the Kingdom of Cochin and Artican vendors. The training staff comes primarily from the ranks of the African Legion Survivors and men who have significant military experience in other Military Organizations.

The standards and procedures for the African Legion have been adopted for use of the Sudanese Army to prevent any potential confusion at a later date. The first Battalions are expected to be ready for service within six to eight months.

Sudanese Governmental Elections:

Elections will be held next week and polling stations have been opened with the the African Legion providing security. The Port Sudan Police are assisting as well to ensure that things go smoothly.

[b]Classified Report to Mad Dog Bob Denard[/b]

Training is proceeding at a rapid pace. We've managed to recruit, house, and equip the full complements of our infantry battalions. Those receiving training inside the Kingdom of Cochin will begin integration into their new units in a month or two depending upon their specialization. Until then the training of the infantry in their Mechanized Infantry and Light Infantry roles will proceed as planned.

Mortars and recoilless rifles are still needed, but the discovery of two large training centers for what appear to be terrorist operations have been added to our ranks. The former personnel from the Sudanese Freedom Front have agreed to join as the cadres of our Special Forces Groups. They are now undergoing basic training to retrain them from terror operations to Special Forces Operations. Once they've completed the Advanced Light Infantry Course, Medic School, and Demolitions school they will be organized into their formal groups.

A small cadre of snipers has been organized into a sniper school. Our first group of students will be reporting for training upon completion of Mechanized Infantry School or Advanced Light Infantry school. Either groups has a need for sniper support in tactical operations.

Our biggest problem is providing for the training staff of all the forming training centers. We hope that the men being trained in the Kingdom of Cochin will be up to the task of staffing these centers. The Advanced Infantry School is well staffed due to the African Legion trainers. However, we are short on skilled staff for the NCO/Officer schools and other specialization schools.

However, to date we have:
Basic Infantry School- Fully Staffed
Advanced Light Infantry School- Fully Staffed
Mechanized Infantry School- 45%
Combat Medic School- 25 %
Heavy Weapons School- 75%
Combat Logistics School - 35%
NCO School- 12 %
Combat Officer School - 4 %

For now we are doing what we can with the resources we have. Until we get more trained staff from the Kingdom of Cochin we'll be short handed. However, the actual training of of the Light Infantry and Mechanized Units will proceed as planned. They just won't be as well supported as they need to be until the numbers can be rectified in the training programs.

[b]Sudan Rebuilding Progress Report[/b]

Work on the Port Sudan infrastructure has been proceeding as planned. Water and sewer is nearly ready for use. Power and other services will take a few more weeks to get completely online. Luckily for us the Novak and UMS protectorate forces left things in fairly good order. Most of our work is untangling a few of the small technical foul ups that have risen up due to untrained Sudanese personnel replacing the trained technicians from Novak and UMS.

Given more time we will rectify this problem.

[b]Classified to Mad Dog Bob Denard[/b]

Basic Training is nearly complete for our recruits. We will be sending our soldiers on for advanced training in rapid order. For the most part the cadres for the battalions are forming up for duty. As of now we have 10 battalions, each 250 men strong. The rest of their numbers are in training or in the Kingdom of Cochin receiving advanced training.

1st through 5th Battalions have been tasked with Internal Security in and around Port Sudan.

6th through 10th Battalions have been tasked with Border Security.

The majority of the vehicles are being given to 6th through 10th Battalions to assist in their wide ranging mission of securing the borders of Sudan as they exist now. Keep in mind our actual borders are much smaller than they appear on the map. The 6th Battalion is being organized into a purely Mechanized Battalion with the 7th through 10th being organized in a joint arms Battalion that hosts a combination of both Light Infantry and Mechanized units.

1st through 5th Battalions will be simple light infantry battalions at this time.

Full numbers for the battalions will be reached ahead of schedule and stocks of mortars, heavy machine guns, and rocket launchers still need to be procured.

[b]To Whom it May Concern[/b]

The Sudanese Republic is in need of the following:

82 MM mortars
Rocket Launchers
50 Caliber Heavy Machine Guns
7.62 Squad Automatic Weapons
.45 Caliber pistols

Further, we seek a versatile patrol vehicle that is easy to maintain and easy to learn to use. We will require nearly 800 of the vehicles for use by our internal security forces.

OOC: Assuming anybody can respond. Correct me if I am wrong.//

Artemis Global Services is interested in offering their [url="http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/Desert_Patrol_Vehicle.jpg"]Desert Patrol Vehicle[/url] by request. The [url="http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/06/Spider_LSV_with_SPIKE_ATGM.jpg"]Spider Light Strike Vehicle[/url] may also fit your purpose, or perhaps the [url="http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1a/Plasan_SandCat.jpg"]Sand Cat[/url]. All are versatile and capable of being outfitted with different armors, weapons, camouflages, and require only moderate training to use and upkeep.

As for rocket launchers, Artemis can offer the simple [url="http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/11/Shoulder-launched_Multipurpose_Assault_Weapon.jpg"]Shoulder-launched Multipurpose Assault Weapon[/url], which can be used against bunkers, tanks, and even outfitted with thermobaric weapons. The [url="http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a0/Custom_XD-40_V-10.jpg"]XD-40 pistols[/url] line in combat, service, and tactical form fulfill your .45 caliber needs. The [url="http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e5/AEK-971_Jay313.png"]AEK-971[/url] is relatively lightweight, simple, and cheap to manufacture and fulfills the 7.62 squad automatic weapons needs. The [url=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9a/Machine_gun_M2_1.jpg]M2HB[/url] is also available to fulfill the .50 caliber heavy machine gun need.

Edited by Sargun

[quote name='Executive Minister' date='03 February 2010 - 01:18 PM' timestamp='1265224691' post='2156903']
OOC: Those are both 7.62 x 51mm machine guns. No where near .50 cal. Why not send him the Browning M2 instead?
[/quote]
OOC: !@#$, I used the wrong guns. I was like "not these ones" but must have clicked the wrong link.

OOC: So much for no OOC, Stop that TBM, you are OOCing it up in your own no OOC thread.

IC:

We are very interested in purchasing a large number of Spider Light Strike Vehicles. They are perfect for our patrol and internal security needs.

We'll take:

500 Spider Like Strike Vehicles
100 .50 Caliber Machine Guns
500 Multi Purpose Rocket Launchers
3000 of your .45 caliber pistols

We also are in the market for a training, supply, and ammunition contract for these weapons until our own indigneous resources can fill our needs.

OOC: can edit my topic for some reason.. Odd..

IC:

Sorry, let me revise our order upwards. We will require the following numbers:

1500 Spider Like Strike Vehicles
300 .50 Caliber Machine Guns

We also require 2000 7.62 Squad Automatic Weapons in the form of something like the M240. If you have something in that make and configuration feel free to add it to the order.

[b]Classified to Mad Dog Bob Denard[/b]

Sir, we are happy to report the first draft of technicians, medics, sniper, and Officer trainees have returned from the Kingdom of Cochin. A second draft is being sent out before the week is out. This influx of highly trained personnel gives us the manpower to increase the size of our cadre units from one company per battalion to two companies per battalion. Additional orders of vehicles and weaponry will put us in a far stronger position to defend our territory as well.

Further, security concerns regarding the protection of the members of government have been identified. A lack of skilled close protection personnel has raised the question of if we are able to adequately protect our higher ranking government members. To address this issue we've located and recruited several doubles for members of parliament, the President, and yourself. We've scheduled a series of public engagements to introduce these doubles at various public engagements. This operation is considered most classified and the doubles are being prepared for their duties as we speak.

[quote name='Tidy Bowl Man' date='03 February 2010 - 11:59 PM' timestamp='1265263156' post='2158299']
OOC: can edit my topic for some reason.. Odd..

IC:

Sorry, let me revise our order upwards. We will require the following numbers:

1500 Spider Like Strike Vehicles
300 .50 Caliber Machine Guns

We also require 2000 7.62 Squad Automatic Weapons in the form of something like the M240. If you have something in that make and configuration feel free to add it to the order.
[/quote]
Artemis can and will provide everything ordered. The Spider vehicles will be available February 10, while the small arms will be available February 7. Ammunition and construction costs for life will be added in - 1/20th of the actual cost - and training can be provided for a flat flee per month.

[quote name='Tidy Bowl Man' date='26 January 2010 - 01:17 AM' timestamp='1264490230' post='2131398']
[b]From: Mad Dog Bob Denard
To: Artica Motor Works[/b]

Your terms are acceptable to us, please provide account information. We'll accept delivery at Port Sudan International Airport or the Port of Sudan. We are very interested in your ammunition contracts. Any chance you can fill the rest of our weapons needs with equivalent weapons?

-Bob
[/quote]

[quote]Mr. Bob Denard,

If the government of Sudan is willing to provide an estimate of monthly ammunition usage, AMW will consider entering into a requirements contract to supply as much ammunition as you will need, either for your previous purchases with us or for all weapons AMW offers ammunition for. Otherwise, we will be glad to supply you with a set amount of ammunition each month.

As Sudan is an African nation and AMW is interested in doing its part in providing for regional security, I would like to inform you of our other popular products.

[i]Short on funds? Looking to equip an army as cheaply and efficiently as possible? Like to put holes in those that threaten your home? Look no further than the [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=38307"]AM-8 Mauler[/url], adapted from the discontinued Villarusian VSIR-1267 assault rifle. Order now, with costs as low as $450 per unit! Bulk pricing available.[/i]

[i]Privileged enough to be cursed with enemies? Like to have a barrier between you and the many unsavory characters that pollute our planet? Authentic, classy Nordlandic vehicles given that special touch, Arctica Motor Works' Elite Line is just the thing for you. Limousines, sports cars, stylish trucks, whatever you need. With the protection and class our Aero, Stratus, and Eclipse models [/i](OOC: VW, BMW, Mercedes respectively; had a Nordland car factory in my land before it collapsed)[i] provide, you can't afford not to.[/i]

Regards,

Jared Toombs
Sales Representative[/quote]

[b]To: Jared Toombs

Sir,

While the offer for the rifle you've made is enticing we are unable to order of the said items at this time. However, we would like a small fleet of twenty armored sedans for transporting our public figures to and from various events. These vehicles should be stylish, but be able to withstand a rifle and pistol fire of various calibers.

As for the munitions required we will need xxxx amounts to satisfy our current expenditures.

Our Thanks,
Mad Dog Bob Denard

Edited by Tidy Bowl Man

[b]From: Mad Dog Bob Denard
To: All Field Forces
*Classified*[/b]

As of today our forces have passed the point of no return for full field duty. Starting tomorrow all battalions will be given their marching orders and deployed to their areas of operations. Yes, I'm fully aware that none of the battalions are at full strength as of yet, however, the operational experience of movement and patrolling will home our abilities to protect and defend the Sudanese Republic.

I'm pleased to report the following assignments:

1st Regiment (Colonel Dembe)
1st Battalion- Port Sudan Garrison (Northern Zone)
2nd Battalion- Port Sudan Garrison (Central Zone)
3rd Battalion- Port Sudan Garrison (Southern Zone)
20th Special Services and Support Battalion - Port Sudan Garrison Reserve

2nd Regiment (Colonel Zaras)
4th Battalion- Northern Sudan
5th Battalion- Northern Sudan
6th Battalion- Northern Sudan
21st Special Services and Support Battalion

3rd Regiment (Colonel ZZTop)
7th Battalion - Southern Sudan
8th Battalion - Southern Sudan
9th Battalion - Southern Sudan
22nd Special Services and Support Battalion

10th Independent Battalion (Lt. Colonel Jackson)- Southern Sudan- Internal Security Duties
1st and 2nd African Legion Companies

The 2nd and 3rd Regiments have been equipped with sufficient vehicles to motorize 2 of their 3 infantry companies. These mechanized companies will be put to work patrolling and scouting the uncontrolled regions of Sudan. The 10th Battalion, entirely mechanized, is being assigned a special search and detain mission to run down several local minor warlords. They will be supported with what airlift capacity we have at our disposal at this time.

Three more battalions and service units are in training along with the rest of the manpower needed to bring our current units up to full strength. Aircraft and more vehicles will soon be taking their place amongst our units as well.

God Speed,
Mad Dog Bob Denard