Rogue nations, tech raiding and other TABU hot subjects

Joland

Hi guys

I have been playing CN for one year and a half.

In my longtime in this game, however I do not know the Meaning of the following terms.

I wish if somebody can explain as well as they can.

I want to know what these terms mean:

1.Rogue Nation - what is a rogue nation?

Is it bad to be a Rogue Nation?

Why is it bad?

2. Ghost - what is a ghost nation or a ghost?

3.N-Zi or P-Zi what is it?

4.Why a nation can receive a sanction and in what it consists usually?

5.What is tech raiding?

Is tech raiding good or bad?

Why is it good or why is it bad?

Thanks guys for your help

I look forward to your detailed answers

1.Rogue Nation - what is a rogue nation?

Someone operating alone, unaligned or against alliance orders, attacking other people with little regard for the own survuval. Often it is an older player who is leaving the game and who wants to throw around some nukes on the way out.

Is it bad to be a Rogue Nation?

Why is it bad?

Rogues like it, the rest of the world does not. Rogues also add to the global radiation, by using their own nukes, and by being deemed so dangerously irresponsible that they must be nuked themselves as fast and as often as possible in order to neutralize them.

2. Ghost - what is a ghost nation or a ghost?

Someone who uses an alliance affiliation without being a recognized member of that alliance. Some ghosts do this to escape attacks, they pretend to belong to a big strong alliance. Some ghosts are rogues, they hope to cause trouble for the alliance they are ghosting while nuking around. Some ghosts are newbies who do not know that you have to formally apply for membership first. Alliances will usually try to get rid of ghosts fast, but some alliances are so big that ghosts will not be noticed for a while.

3.N-Zi or P-Zi what is it?

ZI = zero infrastructure, attacking a nation until its infrastructure is close to zero. I don't know about N-ZI. P-ZI is permanent ZI, taking someone down to zero and then keep them there forever by constant war. It is the closest thing to "killing" someone in the game, because often such nations will eventually give up and leave.

4.Why a nation can receive a sanction and in what it consists usually?

Nations can be sanctioned by the senators of the team colours. Rogues will often be sanctioned. If a nation is sanctioned on for example the blue team, then that nation cannot trade with other blue nations, and/or it cannot exchange aid with such nations.

5.What is tech raiding?

Attacking someone for the purpose of stealing their technology, land and money.

Is tech raiding good or bad?

Why is it good or why is it bad?

I think you can form your own opinion.

Edited to add: Uh, I see your nation bio states you are "former Spartan leader". If these were joke questions, then congrats. :) If you really did not know, then there is nothing wrong with that, it is just a bit peculiar.

Edited by Adaptive Manipulator

Thank you for your very detailed responses.

More questions that coe into my mind:

Rogues are still considered to be rogues if they do not use nukes?

Can you build nukes if you don't have the resource uranium in your trades?

Tech raiding is considered to be bad?

Rogues are still considered to be rogues if they do not use nukes?

Yes. But they are a lot less annoying and can't cause anywhere near as much damage.

Can you build nukes if you don't have the resource uranium in your trades?

Nope. However, you can temporarily trade someone with uranium to build your nukes then drop that trade after your nukes have been bought. (but it'll cost you more money for nuke upkeep if I remember correctly).

Tech raiding is considered to be bad?

Depends on who you talk to. Some see it as necessary to keep from being bored and to also remain fresh on war practice. Some see it as mere bullying against the little guy. Everyone agrees that it should be argued forever.

How many wars can one nation hold at one time?

Is it possible to hold a war against a nation even if your strength is 30 000 but because of your attacks,

the strength of the attacked nation went to 5 000 but still you can continue your attacks on it ?

How do you reduce a nation to Zero Infrastructure?

How many wars can one nation hold at one time?

3 offensive, and 3 defensive.

Is it possible to hold a war against a nation even if your strength is 30 000 but because of your attacks,

the strength of the attacked nation went to 5 000 but still you can continue your attacks on it ?

Yes, this is possible. However, once peace is declared, or the war slot runs out, you will not then be able to re-declare war until you are both within each other's target range.

How do you reduce a nation to Zero Infrastructure?

Attack them.

Note: If you've been playing for a year and a half, how can you possibly not know these terms?

Edited by DavidRossJones

Note: If you've been playing for a year and a half, how can you possibly not know these terms?

Good question, I started wondering after my first reply as well. Considering that since then he has started three wars, two of these against the alliance Supermarioforce, has come under defensive attack from the Supermarioforce, and has started using the Supermarioforce AA himself, it seems Joland is very eager to test all these new terms in practice. :rolleyes:

Yes I tested a war with my friends from SMF, I am part of their alliance.

The last 1 year and a half in this game (as you could all check in my View Nation page)

for me meant only tech deals, selling tech and that was all.

Just now I see the game has many other aspects to it,

and I am grateful for you explaining me all these terms.

Thanks again!

Extra questions:

1.In a ground (tanks and soldiers) battle, I can attack only as long as I have less than 90% or 95% chances of victory?

2.What good is decomissioning?

3.What is the most efficient way to win a war? Do you have some best battle & war guide?

4.What are the fastest ways to increase your population? My population decreased from 59 000 citizens to 38 000 citizens

because of the wars declared upon me, and me fighting back... :(

1.In a ground (tanks and soldiers) battle, I can attack only as long as I have less than 90% or 95% chances of victory?

No, you can attack at any percentage, but it's not advised unless it's a high percentage.

2.What good is decomissioning?

During times of peace, your military can needlessly add a considerable amount to your bills. Decommissioning some of your forces reduces these bills, and may also increase the happiness of your citizens (though this depends on how many you had originally)

3.What is the most efficient way to win a war? Do you have some best battle & war guide?

No, I don't. Just use Guerrilla Camps, aircraft, nukes (if you have them) and yeah, there's other stuff here but I can't be bothered to type it all out.

4.What are the fastest ways to increase your population? My population decreased from 59 000 citizens to 38 000 citizens

because of the wars declared upon me, and me fighting back... :(

Buy infrastructure, have a population-friendly trade circle, buy clinics and a hospital, have a good environmental score, make sure your Government is set to the appropriate options. There's probably more, but Infrastructure is number one, always.

Edit: Never mind.

Edited by DavidRossJones

No, you can attack at any percentage, but it's not advised unless it's a high percentage.

Hmm, in my experience, the CN system never lets me do a ground attack when my chanfces of winning are over 90% I think...

at 96% I know for sure it says: You cannot attack because your opponent is too weak...

Hmm, in my experience, the CN system never lets me do a ground attack when my chanfces of winning are over 90% I think...

at 96% I know for sure it says: You cannot attack because your opponent is too weak...

I'm not an expert on the game engine, but I believe that this only applies once a nation is in Anarchy and has basically no soldiers, though I could be and am probably wrong on this.

Edited by DavidRossJones

You can't have a ground attack until one nation has an over 5% chance of winning.

Thanks. Yes this is the correct percentage.

I noticed that in the list of alliances in CN, there are listed only the alliances

that have 20 or MORE members.

How to find the alliances with less than 20 members?

Thanks

whenever I used a Cruise Missile, all the damage that was done was destroying 10 15 infrastructure and thats all.

Is it worth it to buy any Nuke Missiles? What are the damages done by the Nuke missiles?

Nuclear missiles are worth purchasing but they will not be of much use to you until you are closer to double your current nation strength. as quoted form the Cyber Nations Information Index:

Nuclear weapons are extremely devastating to nations being attacked by them. Nuclear weapons completely reduce the number of defending soldiers for a defending nation to zero (50% Survival if the defending nations has the Fallout Shelter System wonder), cause great amounts of cruise missile, tanks, land, technology and infrastructure losses (35% each up to a base limit before the techbonus of 150 land, 150 infrastructure, and 50 technology), reduce defending aircraft by 75% (aircraft supported by the Foreign Airforce Base wonder and aircraft carriers are reduced at a lower percentage), reduce defending Corvettes, Landing Ships, Cruisers, and Frigates by 25%, and cause population happiness to plummet for a period of 5 days after a nuclear attack. Nuclear weapons may not be launched until after 24 hours after declaring war.

I don't know the specifics of your alliance but as the two posters above me have both mentioned, most alliances provide this wealth of information for their members, if your alliance does not, I would suggest looking for one that can help show you the ropes as their responses will be vastly more helpful and detailed than what you will receive by learning on your own. If you have created your own alliance, I would still advise you join an established alliance to learn the subtleties of Cyber Nations before going at it alone.

This official forum needs also a War Guide.

From all active nations, MORE THAN 50% belong to a small alliance

or NO ALLIANCE at all.

So don't tell me that this game CN should be played only

by those who joined a huge alliance, and the others should quit

playing this game... :(

These forums won't get an official war guide because it's strategies and such honed by each individual alliance's and nation's experience. There's not a whole lot to war in the game, but those advantages that are found are kept within their alliance, otherwise it wouldn't be an advantage anymore.

[quote name='Joland' date='21 January 2010 - 04:27 AM' timestamp='1264076872' post='2121670']
Thanks. Yes this is the correct percentage.

I noticed that in the list of alliances in CN, there are listed only the alliances
that have 20 or MORE members.

How to find the alliances with less than 20 members?

Thanks
[/quote]

With some work -- alliances with <20 members are not displayed in the primary alliance statistics. This is (probably) because it would add more strain to the server than is really needed.

[quote name='Joland' date='21 January 2010 - 05:00 AM' timestamp='1264078829' post='2121710']
whenever I used a Cruise Missile, all the damage that was done was destroying 10 15 infrastructure and thats all.

Is it worth it to buy any Nuke Missiles? What are the damages done by the Nuke missiles?
[/quote]

Depending on the nation launching it, the damage can vary quite a bit. Recently I did this:

Message: Your nation has been attacked with nuclear weapons by Sakura. You lost 22545 soldiers, 972 defending tanks, 0 cruise missiles, 180.968 miles of land, 60.323 technology, 180.968 infrastructure, 75% of your aircraft, and 25% of your nuclear vulnerable navy force. In addition to these losses your nation will experience many days of economic devastation.

With one of my nukes.

[quote name='Joland' date='26 January 2010 - 05:02 AM' timestamp='1264510954' post='2131853']
This official forum needs also a War Guide.

From all active nations, MORE THAN 50% belong to a small alliance
or NO ALLIANCE at all.

So don't tell me that this game CN should be played only
by those who joined a huge alliance, and the others should quit
playing this game... :(
[/quote]

I have been in three alliances since I joined CN -- and all three had guides, in fact the second one never got as large as SMF is. Likewise, most alliances aren't going to want to post their guides on the OWF -- I seem to recall NPO had something against a certain group that posted their guides on another forum. No, I can't tell you where that was -- in part because I don't remember.

[quote name='Joland' date='01 February 2010 - 08:25 AM' timestamp='1265041508' post='2150593']
Out of all 200 000 people playing CN, anyway only about 500 are active on the CN forums, so it will not be such a big "secret" exposure anyway
[/quote]

There are only about 25,000 nations, and there are many who read the forums without ever logging in, let alone posting.

I didn't start CN knowing how to fight wars.

Early in my nation's existence, I was raided. I learned the danger of War Mode.

Some months later I met a nuclear weapon for the first time in combat. And from there learned some valuable lessons on war.

I fought in Karma and learned about handling more than one opponent.

I raided, and learned how to use my weapons.

I fought Polar, and was reminded of the importance of timing and coordination.

My nation is now 447 days old. I have not stopped learning the art of war. And I continue to refine strategies learned -- because each strategy has its advantages, and disadvantages.

Edited by Sakura

[quote name='Sakura' date='03 February 2010 - 12:32 PM' timestamp='1265196761' post='2156263']
With some work -- alliances with <20 members are not displayed in the primary alliance statistics. This is (probably) because it would add more strain to the server than is really needed.

Depending on the nation launching it, the damage can vary quite a bit. Recently I did this:

Message: Your nation has been attacked with nuclear weapons by Sakura. You lost 22545 soldiers, 972 defending tanks, 0 cruise missiles, 180.968 miles of land, 60.323 technology, 180.968 infrastructure, 75% of your aircraft, and 25% of your nuclear vulnerable navy force. In addition to these losses your nation will experience many days of economic devastation.

With one of my nukes.

I fought Polar, and was reminded of the importance of timing and coordination.

[/quote]

1.What does it mean "I fought polar" is it a special way of fighting?

2.I see SPARTA launched attacks on several other alliances, including the large THE LEGION.

There is a discussion about these wars somewhere?

If yes, where?

Thank you

[quote name='Joland' date='03 February 2010 - 04:39 AM' timestamp='1265200743' post='2156321']
1.What does it mean "I fought polar" is it a special way of fighting?

2.I see SPARTA launched attacks on several other alliances, including the large THE LEGION.

There is a discussion about these wars somewhere?

If yes, where?

Thank you
[/quote]

1: Polar=short way of saying "New Polar Order", its the name of an alliance.

2 & 3: And most of these wars have been getting discussed to death in [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showforum=70]Alliance announcements[/url] and [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showforum=71]World Affairs[/url]. And, well, almost everywhere else on the forum.

• 2 weeks later...