Desperate times, desperate measures.

Markus Wilding

OOC: Elrich will know when to come in.

IC:

tn2_john_candy_3.jpg

The man you see above is different from most in Damacious. His name is Dominic S. Potter. He has a wife, kid, dog. The "Damacious Dream", if you will. He works in an office building in Thunder Bay, grinding away daily. He drives a normal car, eats normal foods, and generally has a normal life.

What's that? Yes, I did say he was different than most in Damacious. Then why does he lead a normal life? What makes him different, you might ask? Simple.

He believes he can get himself elected. Now, most do in Damacious, it is a democraic society. But...he believes it is in Damacious's best interests to become a Fascist state. His coworkers laugh when they learn this, though, most of the office knows it by now. He doesn't care, he thinks they've been blinded by Evan's way of running things, which, in his eye is a stupid way to do it.

This is his story. A story of how one man can both make the world laugh...and cry at the same time.

Edited by N Reeki

"Hey, Potter. I need this done tomorrow, ok?" Dominic's coworker, Earl Jones, slapped down a stack of paperwork on his desk. "Uh, sorry, no can do, Earl. Going to the range today, then downtown to see about applying to the government primaries next year." Earl grunted, took a sip of coffee, then said "You seriously think they'll let you run under the Fascist party? If you do, I have an accountant in Mandalore that wants a word with you." Dominic flashed a grin and said, "Oh! My rental's almost at the range. Better clock out. Tell the boss that I'll put in overtime on Saturday." Dominic grabbed his coat and shut down his computer. "Well, I'm out Earl. Say hi to Jenny for me." Earl turned around and said, "I thought you..." But Dominic was already out the door. "Sometimes I wonder..."

Traffic was rather heavy, odd since it was 5:17 PM. But Dominic didn't mind. Damacious did allow people to own guns, but with an 8 year old in the house it wasn't practical - or safe. He might shoot his eye out or shoot the dog - or both! Nevertheless, Dominic took time out of his day to go down to the range and practice his marksmanship. Today he rented a Desert Eagle XIX. First time shooting a 50. calibur gun, so he has a trainer with him today. He pulled in and his trainer greeted him. "Hey Dominic, I'm George Hanson, your instructor for today. The Desert Eagle's in the 2nd range slot, just for you."

Edited by N Reeki

"Goody." Dominic donned his hearing ptotection then headed to slot 2, with the unloaded Desert Eagle in front of him. "Alright, now do remember that this kicks up a LOT. If you're not careful you'll hit your face." Dominic secured both hands on the now loaded pistol, while George yelled "LIVE FIRE! LIVE FIRE!" He fired three shots, letting the recoil come down before doing so. A couple more rounds later, he unloaded and a bell rang. "This is amazing. What else can I rent from you guys?" George handed him a card with a number on it and his name. "Just give me a ring anytime you want to try something new." Dominic said his thanks, then went down to City Hall.

City Hall was a magnificent place. With architecture reminiscint of 19th century England, it truly was a sight to see. Dominic walked up caually to the counter and before he could even speak, the clerk said, "We're working on that pothole on 8th, yes we're putting up a Christmas tree in the Square for Christmas Eve and Day, and no we can't do anything about your neighbor's annoying dog." Dominic wondered if this "annoying dog" was his own beloved Pip. "I'm not here for any of these. I wanted to see about registering a new party for the primaries." The clerk told him to wait a moment then called down a mid-level manager. "What is it Bruce?" "He wants to register a new party for the primaries, sir." "Well then, register him! We are a democratic society, lad." The clerk sighed,put a form on the counter and said "Fill this form out, then sign on this form, then provide a total history of your party and it's goals on this form." Dominic chuckled and said "Well, that's not so hard." The clerk then said "In triplicate." Dominic looked up. "H-How?!!" The clerk smiled, then said "Normally you could photocopy them, but our copier's down today. You'll have to write them all by hand, with perfect penman ship. That much is assumed." Dominic mumbled something about inefficient capitalist governments then took a seat and began filling out the forms.

Edited by N Reeki

Two hours and a cramped writing hand later, Dominic had sucesfully filled out al lthe forms. The clerk told him thank you and to wait while he filed them. "Oh dear. Sir, you do know you wrote 'Damacious Fascist Party', correct?" Dominic smiled, nodded and said "Yes sir, I do know that I wrote that. That's the party name and it's idealogy." The clerk sat, thought for a minute, and again called his manager. They had a quick conversation, which ended with Dominic getting booted out of City Hall. "Well, aren't they balls of sunshine." Dominic said, referring to the security team that handled him. He went home and continued on with his daily life. The primaries came and went, and he was not in them.

Nobody knows for sure what happened. His coworkers say he snapped. His wife said he just wanted to be involved in politics. His mother said "he's a good boy!".

But nevertheless, one day he called someone. It was somebody he'd never met before. He didn't even live in Damacious. He was on the other side of the world, in the PDHRK. He dialed the number, waited for him to pick up, and said "Hello? I'm Dominic Potter, good to meet ya. I was told you could help me get into Damacious politics."

Edited by N Reeki

The man on the other line was masking his voice, and keeping himself concealed. He was a citizen of the PDHRK but was also a notably fascist man. On top of that, he was part of an underground far-right organization that was against the current government. You couldn't always bury conservatives, or expect them to go along with the program. The man would not publically reveal his voice to this stranger, or his name. He worked under an alias, too. His speciality was just what the man was seeking: espionage, and infiltration.

"So you managed to reach me? I didn't expect my channels would get this far. Now, considering you called me, i'll explain to you three conditions: One, you shall never see my face. Two, I will mask my actual voice and keep from the public eye as much as possible. Three, You will never know my name, nor will any of your associates. If these conditions are clearly understood, tell me so."

The man shrouded in darkness chuckled a little. "You know, if you have any second thoughts, you'd best follow them before I get involved." He managed to sneak another slight chuckle. The Neo-Fascist movement in the PDHRK was still underground, and mainly backed and supported by the Conservative movement in general. Within the PDHRK, the leftists held all the power. The right wing felt betrayed, especially for some of their support during the days of the SST. Haruhi herself had to have realized that by now she was being controlled to some extent by the more politically savvy around her. Perhaps even her cabinet was so oblivious. He didn't doubt the girl had brains and was intelligent, he'd heard things on that end. However, he felt that whenever she chose to wake up, she'd become dangerous to those who controlled her, especially the right. That's why they now hid, because they were trying to stay away from possible future punishment. Haruhi could probably sense the oddity of the right, even if barely, at this time. One day, he figured, she'd take action.

As he stopped thinking about the greater world around him, he thought about the travel arrangements. Through his sources, and connections, he could probably move through the PDHRK with the New Conservative Era's support. It was the largest and most organized of the underground conservative groups, alongside the Traditionalist Return. He estimated the actual date, and decided he'd just say it and get it over with. "Give me about two days, I'll meet you at the airport in town, but somewhere that leaves me not open to public visibility. I'll be wearing a mask, and bearing an alias."

"Alright, two days, mask and alias. Gotcha. You'll be able to see me quickly, even blind guys can see me!" He chuckled, hung up and continued on his way. As he continued his work, he began thinking. Gosh, this is good. I dunno what this guy's gonna do, but whatever gets me into politics, I guess. As the two days passed, his coworkers noticed he was getting stranger each day. He began drawing up plans on his computer using a map of the world, with arrows detailing landing zones for a "Task Force 448".

In the break room, they talked. A lot. Some of them even went to the IT guy and asked him to hack his computer to check his searches and such. What he found was disturbing, even to him. "This can't be good...don't let him know we know what he's planning." And so they too continued their life, but fearing that he had somehow found a way to enter politics illegally, but that was the least of their worries at the moment.

Two days passed, and Dominic waited at the airport for this mystery man. He watched the incoming flights, kept checking his watch, until the overhead voice announced, "Flight 242 from the PDHRK, now landing at gate 2." Dominic relaxed a bit, and awaited to see how he'd enter politics.

The man who was masked, walked off the flight. He couldn't wear the mask in the plane, but had put it on shortly before departing. A voice-changer was inside, allowing his voice to not be recognized and remain anonymous. Of course, this man wouldn't know anyway. His alias for today, and the days afterwards would be 'Jun Takada'. He had managed to get false passports, and citizenship records showing he was originally from 'Damascious', and not the PDHRK. He disliked the government in charge, but his affiliates wanted to remain underground, and not cause trouble for the PDHRK as a whole. After all, they only disliked the government, not the country itself. His black suit, and rimmed black fedora, made him stand out from the rest of the crowd. While they were still business-like, he had donned full black and wore a balaclava that only showed his eyes, what could be stranger? However, no one questioned him or stared at him oddly. He now thought that the airport security in Damascious had to be terrible.

As he walked, he saw an odd looking man, and suspected it was his contact and client, Dominic. As he walked forward, he lit himself slowly stride to give a more superior feeling. His mission here was to be dictated by Dominic, but he knew exactly what his plan was to be, and he would follow it to the letter. Entering politics legally was a pain, why not just kill a few poor souls, and organize a coup? Jun was rather happy with the thoughts he already planned out, and he was amused every time he thought of them.

'You must be Dominic, I am Jun Takada, although this is purely an alias, as described before. You may call me Jun.'

He smirked, and waited for a response.

"Heh. That's me. Odd suit you're wearing, but whatever." Dominic handed him a small card, with an address on it, a photo and the name "Evan Gibbons". "This guy here is our current president. His office is at that address, along with a couple other important figures in politics, like the Secretary of Defense and Foreign Affairs." He looked nervous, then quietly asked, "Out of curiosity, how do you plan on doing this?"

Jun stared at the piece of paper given to him, and realized the man's intent. So he didn't want to simply make this clean. This operation would actually require a bit more thought, and Jun thanked the fact he had prepared a hotel room for his base of operations beforehand. As he tried to think of ideas, and ways to possibly deal with the operation, a bold and daring thought came across his head. He would use the papers forged for him to show his 'government employment' and enter the building unrestricted. Upon entry, two of his associates would enter the building and demand to see the president, refusing to leave even if the security guards were called. In case they were, the men would have silenced pistols concealed within their jackets. Communications lines would be electronically disabled, and just in case, cut beforehand by the associates. The ensuing chaos of the strange complications surrounding these two 'demanding to see the president', and the lack of communication, would most likely throw the office into disarray. In the ensuing chaos, he would utilize C4 into his briefcase, and plant them at various locations in the building. He would also carry a silenced pistol, and EMP device with him in the briefcase, to make sure cell phones and mobile devices didn't work.

"I've got quite a few forged papers, and a hell of an idea in my head. Trust me, this will work."

He nodded to his two associates, who could probably figure out what he was thinking.

"Now, walk with me, your going to be of assistance in this."

A smile comes across Dominic's face. "Wonderful. And I'm going to have a part? Interesting." As the group walked out of the airport and into the parking lot, he listened to the man's idea. With each sentence, he got more and more excited. "This is great. I'm glad I decided to call you." They got to his car, and th conversation continued. "So, the hotel's here, right? Yeah, this is it. Well, good luck guys!"

(OOC: I'll fast-forward it just because I can)

"Good day sir, how can I help you?" Jun would simply flas a fake government clearence card. The secretary looked it over, then said "Ah, and you're here to see Evan Gibbons, correct? Yes? He's in his office now, good day sir." She waved him off and continued with her work. It owludn't be long until Jun's associates came in and demanded to see Evan. "I'm sorry sirs, but he's in a meeting with a diplomat. Would you like to come back leter?" She started hittig the under-desk button for security...but it had been cut the night before by the associates. "Oh, what the bloody hell..."

According to plan, with the front desk distracted, one of the associates with Jun's briefcase planted C4 in designated areas throughout the building. Some areas included desks, and walls. Any place with a capable blast radius to do damage to both humans and government property, was free game. The second the receptionist realized something was wrong with the electronics, one associate pulled out his silenced M9 pistol, and shot her in the head. That woman wouldn't call anyone else, and no one would know. After the explosives were set, it was time for Jun to make his move. He was trained in espionage by his colleagues, and by those that supported him. Upon giving the one associate the briefcase, he retained his pistol. The office lacked metal detectors strangely, and no entry blocks except the checking of ID by the receptionist.

Once he was in the meeting room alone with Evan, he pulled out the pistol from his jacket, and shot the man dead in the face. For good measure, he shot him once in the heart. He was certain Evan Gibbons would never breath again. As ordered, the men at the desk made their way out of the building. The 3rd associate finished planting and wiring the bombs, putting enough C4 in the building to strategically kill everyone left inside. Jun made his way for the entrance, and got back his briefcase. Upon receiving it, he destroyed the EMP device, triggering the detonation sequence for the C4. With everyone a safe distance away, they watched their handiwork. The buildings second floor collapsed, and screams and the smell of burnt flesh could be traced from outside. They walked inside, and pulled out their pistols, shooting any moving corpse left. Upon the finishing of the sweep, Jun pulled out a cell phone and walked outside. The associates were to clean up the scene, and make it look to the best of their ability as if everyone died from structural failure.

'Mr. Dominic, you know that mission you requested. Evan Gibbons, and every governmental member in that building is dead. There is nothing standing in your way if you plan to do what was initially prepared by yourself. I have so far completed what you've given me to do. The boys inside are cleaning up, and making it appear as structural failure. This will all go down as an accident.'

Edited by Elrich von Richt

"Wonderful. I thank you very much, Jun. I couldn't have done it without you." Dominic applied for emergency position at City Hall, and soon afterward he was elected, as nobody else had applied.

And now you know the story. This is the story of how one man can change the world, both to make it laugh and cry at the same time. But it is not over yet. This has only been on a small-scale level. The world has gone relatively unaware of these events. That is, until today...

***PUBLIC BROADCAST***

"Today in an unfortunate even, Evan Gibbon's office on 14th Boulevard was destroyed, by what appears to be a massive structural flaw. Local politician Dominic Potter has stepped up to take control of Damacious, and has said that "Today is a great day". No comment could be reached from the other parties. Dominic Potter has also declared that ,effective immedietly, Damacious is now a Fascist state. Now, onto sports..."

OOC: Yesh ,you can now comment IC. :3

***Classified***

"This series of events seems highly suspicious. Recommendation...any diplomatic contact with this new state be conducted with extreme caution."

~Memo from the desk of the Minster of National Security, To the Grand Duke and the Queen