Saint Kargoth

No lag. I would suggest using a link from a free Image Host, such as Imageshack or Photobucket. I have had issues uploading avatars to the forums in the past, and that is by far the easiest solution.

Otherwise, not sure what else to suggest.

No lag. I would suggest using a link from a free Image Host, such as Imageshack or Photobucket. I have had issues uploading avatars to the forums in the past, and that is by far the easiest solution.

Otherwise, not sure what else to suggest.

Will try this.

thanx - stk

Do you mean you resized it and the picture stayed the same. I had such a problem. Mine was instead was making the image smaller it blured the image up. It also stoped whatever I tried to change my avator too. I deleted the file and uploaded another one and it fixed things.

Yeah, all sorts of weirdness. After deleting the image (which shows fine in the profile page), uploading a smaller, different .jpg, it somehow took the original deleted file, and shrunk it to the size of the newly uploaded file. Still wouldn't display on a post, only on the profile section.

And links to Photobucket don't work at all (for me). Its as if the link is totally ignored. Have checked out a dozen or so other member profiles/pic links, and they work fine, even though the format is exactly the same as what I've been trying.

Something may eventually work....

Yeah, all sorts of weirdness. After deleting the image (which shows fine in the profile page), uploading a smaller, different .jpg, it somehow took the original deleted file, and shrunk it to the size of the newly uploaded file. Still wouldn't display on a post, only on the profile section.

And links to Photobucket don't work at all (for me). Its as if the link is totally ignored. Have checked out a dozen or so other member profiles/pic links, and they work fine, even though the format is exactly the same as what I've been trying.

Something may eventually work....

Try it again, leave the pic even though it looks odd. Then close your browser and clear your cache. It should clear up the issue.

Are you uploading it as your personal photo or your avatar? When I go to your profile it shows the avatar I remember you using on the old forums as your personal photo. Is that intentional? What file format are you using, JPEG?

Edit- Also, when using Photobucket, copy the link from the second field (direct link) they provide if you aren't already. The other three won't work, obviously. Make sure that when you're linking to an off-site host there is only one "http://" in the field - the forum software tends to add one for you.

Edited by Doitzel

• 1 month later...

If anyone else has this problem.... the solution was to add the avatar via the "My Controls" , "Edit Avatar Settings" section.

Note that nothing worked to get the avatar to appear publicly going in via "Viewing Profile", "Settings". Apparently, I didn't realize the difference between "Personal Picture" and "Avatar". Duh.

So this was an operator error all along.

StK