First Announcement of the Papacy of Pope Paul VI

Voodoo Nova

Pope Paul VI walks out onto the balcony of St. Peter's Basilica, with an audience waiting for him. Recently elected by the cardinals, he had this simple speech to say:

Dear brothers and sisters,

After the Great Pope Nicholas V, the cardinals have elected me, a simple, humble worker in the Lord's vineyard.

I am comforted by the fact that the Lord knows how to work and act even with insufficient instruments. And above all, I entrust myself to your prayers.

With the joy of the risen Lord and confidence in his constant help, we will go forward.

The Lord will help us and Mary his most holy mother will be alongside us.

Thank you.

He walked back into his chambers, having the doors shut behind him.

Pope Paul VI walks out onto the balcony of St. Peter's Basilica, with an audience waiting for him. Recently elected by the cardinals, he had this simple speech to say:

He walked back into his chambers, having the doors shut behind him.

OOC: No Voodoo, you don't get the Church. That is unless you're not in Italy. Constantinople could work.

OOC: The Vatican didn't exist until the 1930s though! :huh:

But if you're gonna sick with him in this issue, then let me ask this favor: would you please move somewhere else Voodoo? Like ask for a little bit of Constantinople? I think it's already generous enough for me to give you the Church, but I have a feeling you're gonna ICly disagree with what I plan to do, and it'll be difficult for me to do that if you're in Rome.