Press Conference

kitex

Shiznay stood at the podium in an all black suit, with two Marine guards on either side of him. After all the reporters had gone through a metal detector and also been patted down, they sat down and waited to hear Shiznay speak.

"Today," he started "I speak with a heavy heart. As you may or may not already know, on November 7th, a total of 103 Marines were killed by unknown foriegn soldiers posing as troops from Promised Land. While we still do not have a perpertrator, we have drawn up some possible suspects *cough*Caucausia or Lubeck*cough* and will make sure that those responsible are brought to justice. We are currently talking to certain nations as the enemy soldiers boarded boats and headed north."

OOC: Please, no inappropriate comments, yes this means you Drake.

You have the most sincere condolences from Proctinctia, killers who hide behind masks deserve death. This might have something to do with yesterday’s series of attacks conducted internationally by parties unknown, I heard there might be an international investigation in progress.

Tropico2.gif

From the office of Liska Atka, acting Generalissimo of Procinctia

Edited by Generalissimo

*cough*Caucausia or Lubeck*cough*

"This is a very grave accusation, and an unfounded one at that. You think a simple disagreement of words is enough to cause me to attack you?"

We are currently talking to certain nations as the enemy soldiers boarded boats and headed north."

And this. Why are you accusing us as a possible perpetrator, but we have not been approached by your talks?"

-HRH King James I

"Well, yes, we do suspect either you or Lubeck as you two are the only ones whom with we've had a bad relationship with."

"When I disagree with someone over something like we've done, then I deal with it in words. Our conflict is government to government, not Caucasian to Troinian."

"I refuse to risk Caucasian blood on a matter such as this. Our relationship with Troina is not nearly bad enough for a war to break out."

-HRH King James I

"Not bad enough...did you or did you not withdraw recognition of them? and why, pray tell, is the relationship bad at all? Certainly not because of anything Troina did."

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

"Not bad enough...did you or did you not withdraw recognition of them? and why, pray tell, is the relationship bad at all? Certainly not because of anything Troina did."

"I withdrew recognition of them, but I did not send troops down to kill their soldiers. If I wanted to do that, I could risk much fewer lives and do more damage with a long range cruise missile. And I have answered that question on at least two other occasions. You seem to have failed to archive them."

-HRH King James I

OOC: I really have already told you. <_<

"I withdrew recognition of them, but I did not send troops down to kill their soldiers. If I wanted to do that, I could risk much fewer lives and do more damage with a long range cruise missile. And I have answered that question on at least two other occasions. You seem to have failed to archive them."

-HRH King James I

OOC: I really have already told you. <_<

"You said something along the lines of 'The President was rude.' That hardly qualifies as a reason to not recognize a country--especially when they have offered apologies."

OOC: I know. But IC-wise i can't believe you would be THAT childish... :P

"You said something along the lines of 'The President was rude.' That hardly qualifies as a reason to not recognize a country--especially when they have offered apologies."

OOC: I know. But IC-wise i can't believe you would be THAT childish... :P

"My advisers and I were actually considering reversing that decision." (copy of notes taken in meeting is sent to Promised Land. King is shown to have been in favor of changing the decision) "But the fact that we're now being blamed for an unprovoked attack by them isn't really convincing us to do so. We believe Troina should actually find evidence of possible involvement before hurling accusations. From our point of view, the only evidence they have is against Promised Land."

-HRH King James I

"My advisers and I were actually considering reversing that decision." (copy of notes taken in meeting is sent to Promised Land. King is shown to have been in favor of changing the decision) "But the fact that we're now being blamed for an unprovoked attack by them isn't really convincing us to do so. We believe Troina should actually find evidence of possible involvement before hurling accusations. From our point of view, the only evidence they have is against Promised Land."

-HRH King James I

"It is only natural you would be suspect, considering you took this long to reverse your childish decision. How were they to know before you sent this" (refers to notes) "that you were considering overturning that decision? You seem to think everyone else can read your motives clearly."

"It is only natural you would be suspect, considering you took this long to reverse your childish decision. How were they to know before you sent this" (refers to notes) "that you were considering overturning that decision? You seem to think everyone else can read your motives clearly."

"I don't make a habit of throwing out every detail of how I operate my government. Besides, how were we to know Troina would accuse us of a terrorist attack?"

-HRH King James I

"I don't make a habit of throwing out every detail of how I operate my government. Besides, how were we to know Troina would accuse us of a terrorist attack?"

-HRH King James I

"No one accused you outright. It is only natural you were listed as suspects, nothing personal. Why are you taking it as such?"

"No one accused you outright. It is only natural you were listed as suspects, nothing personal. Why are you taking it as such?"

"Because we just got listed as suspects for the deaths of 100 people. When you're called a suspect of a terrorist attack, you shouldn't take it lightly. In fact, we would be taking it more seriously, if the accuser was close enough to provide a threat of war."

-HRH King James I

"Well, yes, we do suspect either you or Lubeck as you two are the only ones whom with we've had a bad relationship with."

"Please could you provide evidence of your accusations before you start to brand a foreign entity with such a heinous crime. No Lübeckian Nationals have departed from our nation to Kitex, and therefore, it would be unlikely that said individuals would have been of Lübeckian origin."

"Please could you provide evidence of your accusations before you start to brand a foreign entity with such a heinous crime. No Lübeckian Nationals have departed from our nation to Kitex, and therefore, it would be unlikely that said individuals would have been of Lübeckian origin."

"Oh, so now you want proof when you when your being falsely accused, but when you accuse us it's ok? Do you remember this:

"So is it right for them (OOC: Troina) to try and follow means of espionage to try and discover the secrets and technological advances of the nation of Lübeck?"

Hmmm?"

OOC: Edited the post to tell who you were talking about.

Edited by kitex

Somehow we doubt Lubeck will be answering, as they are currently at war. Though we are curious as to the seeming hypocrisy of the Caucasian government...you have accused others with little proof other than circumstantial...why should you take offense when others do the same to you?"