If u were to ever go rogue

kwell

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, I want to just say that AlmightyGrub is a stand-up fellow. I like him. You should like him. Everyone should like him. As a fading memory to no-one, and a minor member but oldfag to all, I endorse this guy. He's a swell character and everyone should go and join New Polar Order.

We talked with our nukes, and we connected. ONLY WORDS BETWEEN MEN COULD BE SHARED THEN, AND ONLY THEN!

Pics or it didn't happen :ph34r:

Consider yourself added to my list good sir.

When you get back in to my NS range give me a shout, I am sure Nemesis will let you fight me, i will even make sure LoSS stays out.

Then we will see who the coward is ?

I'll be sure to let you know if you really want. Slight waste of a warchest, but if there's fun to be had then sure thing.

I would like to congratulate Kwell on his successful use of the subjunctive in the title. It adds a touch of class to an already exceedingly classy topic.

I think that going rogue without at least 1B in your war chest is doing it wrong. I would save at least 1B, sell off much of my infra so that I was around 4999 but retained all my cool $@! wonders, and then go rogue against the lower tiers of alliances I disliked for as many months as I was able. That way you can actually accomplish something with your roguery.

I'm not sure about selling infra, it just brings you to the point where you need to rebuy that much sooner. If the nations you pick are even half competent you're going to be losing over 500 infra a day anyway, you don't save much in bills by selling it early, and you guarantee no winning GAs and smaller targets in round 2.

But certainly when you get down there, whether by selling or being beaten up, continual nuclear harassment against mid-tier nations would be a lot of fun.

If the nations you pick are even half competent you're going to be losing over 500 infra a day anyway

The thing is, when you rogue, people AREN'T competent. Mostly they are inactive as !@#$ and have never learned how to fight before. So they just pull in some large nation with nukes and hit you, because that's the only way they're going to bring you down, if you know anything about warfare. Maximum you're going to lose is like, 300 infra a day, and that's if you're unlucky, or you pick an elitist alliance.

I'd also like to point out that frankly, most people don't have the time or patience to maintain a guerilla warfare campaign for an extended period of time. It sounds appealing, being free to speak your mind all the time on the CNF and not having alliance constraints, but frankly the complete lack of community gets most people. If you want to keep fighting for several months, you're going to need a bunch of close friends, a lot of IRC activity and probably your own social channel to keep you interested.

Edited by Francesca

The thing is, when you rogue, people AREN'T competent. Mostly they are inactive as !@#$ and have never learned how to fight before. So they just pull in some large nation with nukes and hit you, because that's the only way they're going to bring you down, if you know anything about warfare. Maximum you're going to lose is like, 300 infra a day, and that's if you're unlucky, or you pick an elitist alliance.

I lost more than 300 infra with 1 nuke from 1 nation, and I didn't pick an elitist alliance nor was I unlucky. I can't remember how much I was losing per day but I'm sure it was significantly more than 500.

Edited by Kindom of Goon