The Athens Daily

AironthFlamewing

parthenon.jpg

"Today the Greek Government has a glorious announcement to make to the world. Alexandros II, King of Greece has announced that the state religion of the Greek Empire will switch from Greek Orthodox Christianity to the newly reborn Hellenic faith known as Hellenismos. Despite this change all Greek Orthodox churches and other churches will remain open, but they will have to pay a nominal fee to do so"

Edited by graniteknight

(Dateline: Athens) Today, The Greek government announced that in keeping with the Grecian traditions of controlling the seas and making the world safe for Democracy, that any vessels entering Greek waters that exhibited signs of illegality would be boarded and searched before being allowed into port. This step in tightening Grecian control of the Aegean was taken in response to the efforts of the Italian Rebels that currently hold Italy in conflict to disrupt the smooth transfer of goods in and out of Greece. These procedures however will not effect allies of Greece or friendly neutral nations.

Advisers Appointed By the King

(Dateline: Athens) King Alexandros II of Greece today announced that he has appointed advisors to act on various posts over his vast dominion.

M. Nikolo Cato as the Minister to the Turkish Lands(to oversee the Turkish section of the empire in absence of direct contact from the King)

M. Adelphos Bonobos as Minister of Internal State

M. Aetos Rauros as Minister of Food and Drug

These positions are filled immediately. The King and Prince shall still remain the head of the Armed Forces as well as the Diplomatic heads of the Nation.

Greek Energy News

(Dateline Athens)

Today the Greek Government unveiled its 3 new renewable energy plants,"These are very special plants" King Alexandros was quotes as saying

"They suck water from the sea, heat it into steam and the steam is used to drive generators which create electricity" The plants are part of the Elektros Energy Programme of Greece to reduce dependence on foreign goods.

OOC: Yea I know hydroelectric dam minus the dam

Edited by graniteknight

Greek Defence News

(Dateline: Athens)

The Greek Government in response to the public cries for more defenses on the Greco-Russo Border do announce the completion of trenches, bunkers, barbed wire laying as well as heavier guards being posted on the border(in the number of 350,000 Greek Troops). The artillery in the bunkers are controlled by computer targeting systems, crews do still man the stations to load the shells into the guns however. The bunkers are extensively made of concrete as well as earth and a pair of doors swing open on hinges toallow the guns to fire. The bunkers are spaced along the border with heavy trenches connecting them.

11-Big_Bunker.jpg

Edited by graniteknight

COMPREHENSIVE FALLOUT SHELTER COMPLETE

CLASSIFIED: Delphi is virtually an underground city, Buried deep inside the earth.

Biot608PhotoB.jpg

The underground bunker has a capacity of 3,000 people and it will also house the governmental offices of the Grecian Empire so that in the event of war, either conventional or Nuclear, the government can secret themselves into the bunker and maintain control of the Greek State without threat of the government collapsing. Other features of the city include the massive 50 foot thick concrete and steel reinforced blast doors that house the entrance to the city, these doors open on massive ball bearing hinges that can swing open and shut within a two minute span. The city will also be fitted with air and water purification systems to rid the air and water of 89% of all contaminants that would affect the surface world in the event of war.

Edited by graniteknight

OOC: then how in the name of god will I protect myself from a Russian attack, y'all have bloody nukes I dont Y'all are pointing them at me(Y'all used collectively not to single anyone out) how the hell do you expect anyone to properly defend themselves in this game when for no reason you get threatened by a larger nation just because they want to pick a fight with the world.

OOC: I agree with Sargun here but if the Stig has done the same thing then we can't say no to him here and not to the Stig.

OOC: I didn't even know Stig did it.

As for you, granite, you managed to get yourself into this plight. You aren't going to cheat your way out of it.

OOC: Granite you are misunderstanding us. We arn't saying you can't have it we are saying it is going to take longer than 15 days to build. You need to first post that construction is beginning and then slowly build it up post by post until it is complete.

OOC: Kevz- you may or may not be aware from reading the posts but World War III is starting quite soon, Nikonov told me on IRC(in all likely hood to provoke this reaction) of his intent to attack me even showing me his battle plan:

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/8894/attackofgreece.png and so in the same way of TheStig I mentioned that my fallout shelter was completed, no harm no foul.

My question to you gents is thus: why in the name of God do you hold one set of players(or player)(Me) to one set of standards and ride my tail about every god damned thing I do and yet you allow Stig to walk about scott free

OOC: Probably because you do unrealistic !@#$ like this in a single day instead of the months of real-life that it would take. Stig did stupid !@#$ but I wasn't around to call him out for the most part because I was gone. Don't whine when you're caught about other people, it just makes you look worse.

OOC: Granite whether world war 3 is going to start in ten minutes you don't get to build a freaking city in 15 days. Also look at the difference you built a city in 15 days whereas, Stig only built a small compound for 2100 people. There is a big difference there.